ADVERTISEMENT

Final debate thread

As someone who competed in, coached, and judged competitive speech and debate at multiple scholastic levels, that guy is an idiot. He's letting his personal desires dictate his opinions.

I like Haley. I dislike DeSantis. DeSantis did better last night. He wasn't scared to critique Trump, he offered specific (though unrealistic) policy goals, and he didn't spend the entire debate resorting to dumb slogans. She said "desantislies.com" about twelve times for every time he said "pale pastels."
Disagree, Goat. Graham makes a compelling case for Haley.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Disagree, Goat. Graham makes a compelling case for Haley.
A very selective case.

She got better near the end. But it still wasn't a strong performance. And he's being extra very selective in his takedown of DeSantis.

I should back up. I shouldn't have called Dr. Graham an idiot. I probably only met the guy once. But I know the culture of communications academia. He's clearly letting his sympathies cloud his judgment.

oh man based on my criteria? wow!!! and i've been to almost all 50 states. i'll give you my top 5.
1. california
2. florida
3. colorado
4. new york
5. south carolina
Is NDakota one you are missing? It’s my only missing one. Almost went on a western trip, but decided not worth it to drive 200 miles round trip to add the 50th state. Doubt that I make it.

• Love
Is NDakota one you are missing? It’s my only missing one. Almost went on a western trip, but decided not worth it to drive 200 miles round trip to add the 50th state. Doubt that I make it.
I have been there. No Hawaii. No Alaska. No Washington

We did the badlands and I wanted to head up to ND to knock it off the list, but it is still only a slightly shorter trip than Voyager has made.
My ex wife’s grandpa was an organizer for the chemical union based out of Topeka. His region included the dakotas. Kansas. Nebraska etc. he HATED that part of the country. The drives were pure hell

My ex wife’s grandpa was an organizer for the chemical union based out of Topeka. His region included the dakotas. Kansas. Nebraska etc. he HATED that part of the country. The drives were pure hell

I was only through there once, heading south from Manitoba with my soon to be bride. ND, SD, and into Iowa before the land gained any character. The Dakotas were as flat as a pool table.

That’s what we were doing. Three of the four had it as our last state to visit, but still did t want to make that drive. I’m ok with 49.
I’m waiting for my minion to get older than I’m going to hit Alaska. I want to go for like a month. I’ve watched sooooooo many shows on discovery about it

I’m waiting for my minion to get older than I’m going to hit Alaska. I want to go for like a month. I’ve watched sooooooo many shows on discovery about it

I started watching this guy on YouTube... outdoor boys.

Dude will make a shelter out of snow in freezing temperatures all alone and be out there for days on end.

That's a real man.

• Wow
Alaska is one of my last to check off.

Take the Minion and do an overland tour with these guys.

• Love
I’d like to do that out west in an rv
We were going to, but none of us wanted to drive an tv in the mountains. I did it with two friends up the coast of California about ten years ago. Scared the shit out of me driving along that scary coast. I can only drive an RV on flat land, so guess I can do ND. Take the little one to Alaska and your daughter to Hawaii.

• Wow
We were going to, but none of us wanted to drive an tv in the mountains. I did it with two friends up the coast of California about ten years ago. Scared the shit out of me driving along that scary coast. I can only drive an RV on flat land, so guess I can do ND. Take the little one to Alaska and your daughter to Hawaii.
Up the Calif coast would be incredible too. I’ve done that a few times by car

How young do you think he could pull that off?
Based on what you've posted, he's probably ready now. Maybe the staff at his preschool will chip in to send him. 😆

I'd say 8-10 years old. Send Dave an email and ask him what he thinks. They do different trips in length and difficulty. Great dude. I've known him since he was a kid.

• Haha
Up the Calif coast would be incredible too. I’ve done that a few times by car
It was cool, but we were terrified a few times. And cannot understand how they give you this $75,000 vehicle after watching a video for 30 minutes. And we started in rush hour traffic in LA. It was comedy hour. Definitely could have had a reality show. Had a fender bender, had a little explosion in the microwave, had to get help from someone else to park the gigantic thing. But it was big fun. Stayed right on the beach one night, Mom and Pop RV Park one night, on a cliff overlooking Malibu , etc.

• Love
Based on what you've posted, he's probably ready now. Maybe the staff at his preschool will chip in to send him. 😆

I'd say 8-10 years old. Send Dave an email and ask him what he thinks. They do different trips in length and difficulty. Great dude. I've known him since he was a kid.
Good to hear as I know you know this stuff. There are some real downsides to having a kid old. Trying hard to stay strong and fit.

And yeah he’s real strong and put together already. He’s almost square. 8-10 is perfect for both of us

Reactions: hookyIU1990
It was cool, but we were terrified a few times. And cannot understand how they give you this $75,000 vehicle after watching a video for 30 minutes. And we started in rush hour traffic in LA. It was comedy hour. Definitely could have had a reality show. Had a fender bender, had a little explosion in the microwave, had to get help from someone else to park the gigantic thing. But it was big fun. Stayed right on the beach one night, Mom and Pop RV Park one night, on a cliff overlooking Malibu , etc.
That’s heaven. It really is spectacular out there. My edibles buddies lived in Pleasanton for years so during summers I’d stay out there and go on excursions, including driving to so cal.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
GTFO. Wifey is from Pleasanton. FIL still there.
Ha!! No way. Yeah my buddies were at peoplesoft after Anderson consulting. So during grad school when summer was off I’d go stay with those guys. They did tech and finance shit (consulting) for 25 years before the edibles midlife crisis

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
I just watched the recording of the debate. Haley won and she’s the GOP’s only chance to win the Presidency.

I just watched the recording of the debate. Haley won and she’s the GOP’s only chance to win the Presidency.
Totally disagree. I think Desantis won handily. She comes across like a school board mom. She got rattled. Repeated her inane website crap. Awful.

What’s more her qualifications are a joke compared to Desantis. Education. Record. States 45 to 10. Desantis largest victory in four decades in fla. Converted Hispanics etc.

But I do think she has a better chance than trump and Desantis to win. On that I’ll agree with you

Last edited:
Totally disagree. I think Desantis won handily. She comes across like a school board mom. She got rattled. Repeated her inane website crap. Awful.

What’s more her qualifications are a joke compared to Desantis. Education. Record. States 45 to 10. Desantis largest victory in four decades in fla. Converted Hispanics etc.

But I do think she has a better chance than trump and Desantis to win. On that I’ll agree with you
We can disagree, and agree that only Haley has a chance at this point.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT