ADVERTISEMENT

Few questions about Bloomington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2011
My family is going to yogi bear camp ground next weak last min. trip.

Is eagle pointe golf course any good.

Restaurants my wife likes sushi any suggestions, any anything else must try if in Bloomington.

Thanks hopefully we can play u guys in any sport and stay healthy

Restaurants my wife likes sushi any suggestions, any anything else must try if in Bloomington.

I live in Bloomington, and at this point in time with all the changes in so many aspects of our lives, I would urge you to check tripadvisor.com. They have current information on what service is available, and you can sort by type of cuisine. A number of restaurants have gone to pick-up or outside service only, for example. Other than that, a drive through the IU campus will give you an impression of how beautiful it is even though you will see very few people. Since I gave up golf several years ago I can't help you regarding Eagle Pointe. By the way, be sure to wear your masks.

Reactions: red hornet
Restaurant Ami on 3rd street near Forest Quad is the best sushi in town I've been told. They are open as of last week.

Eagle point used to be a good, well maintained course. Former owners had financial problems, it was closed for tax liens for a while. Don't know what shape it's currently in.

Reactions: red hornet
I live in Bloomington,

So question for you...My daughter was down there this weekend with her friends and said there was BLM crap everywhere. Even the Bloomington mural was trashed. Have there been problems there?

Define "problems"
Radical protests or destruction of property? Sorry been out of Indiana for a couple weeks. She was with a bunch of friends (students) that noticed alot of graffiti and the Bloomington mural was spray painted with BLM. I don't now what part of town they were in either. Just wondering what the current state is down there and if there have been any gatherings that have gotten out of hand directly in Bloomington. She'll be arriving on campus this year and I'm just a concerned dad...

Radical protests or destruction of property? Sorry been out of Indiana for a couple weeks. She was with a bunch of friends (students) that noticed alot of graffiti and the Bloomington mural was spray painted with BLM. I don't now what part of town they were in either. Just wondering what the current state is down there and if there have been any gatherings that have gotten out of hand directly in Bloomington. She'll be arriving on campus this year and I'm just a concerned dad...
Frat parties, Killroy's, and Dunn's Woods are what you need to be concerned about then. Scary black people should be the least of your worries.

Frat parties, Killroy's, and Dunn's Woods are what you need to be concerned about then. Scary black people should be the least of your worries.
Frat houses are closed I think...I know one of my daughters girlfriends that lived in a sorority last year and already paid again has been told to find an apartment this year. Not sure what the bars are gonna be like either prolly not the same.

That is what happens when you jump on cars and threaten people.
That is true. And it's indefensible.

It's also true that non-peaceful assemblies and even riots are bound to result when the justice system in a country continues to allow rogue cops to kill people who are unarmed or in no position to be a threat to them. When good police officers have strong incentives to not watch their storm trooper colleagues physically abuse or murder defenseless people; when police administrations make it clear to the rank and file that they will fire any officer who does not have the discipline to restrain from using excessive force; when prosecutors have the balls to automatically investigate and prosecute police brutality before it reaches the level of public relations disaster - then my guess is that the "mob violence" will subside noticeably.

That is true. And it's indefensible.

It's also true that non-peaceful assemblies and even riots are bound to result when the justice system in a country continues to allow rogue cops to kill people who are unarmed or in no position to be a threat to them. When good police officers have strong incentives to not watch their storm trooper colleagues physically abuse or murder defenseless people; when police administrations make it clear to the rank and file that they will fire any officer who does not have the discipline to restrain from using excessive force; when prosecutors have the balls to automatically investigate and prosecute police brutality before it reaches the level of public relations disaster - then my guess is that the "mob violence" will subside noticeably.
That is a sad and disturbing way to think. Maybe you should try and walk in a cops shoes and try to imagine what they face everytime they respond to a call. Routine or maybe a setup for execution like we just saw in Arizona. There is absolutely no excuse for mob violence. Cops are not storm troopers and you know it.

Reactions: jsenleo
That is what happens when you jump on cars and threaten people.

From all the video I saw no threats were made, just asked to either wait a couple minutes for the crowd to disperse or take a detour of a couple blocks.

There certainly were no threats made by the individual whose foot was run over 3 weeks ago.

This isn't the cooler, so I'm done.

From all the video I saw no threats were made, just asked to either wait a couple minutes for the crowd to disperse or take a detour of a couple blocks.

There certainly were no threats made by the individual whose foot was run over 3 weeks ago.

This isn't the cooler, so I'm done.
And that wasn't my intention for this to get started and end like that when I brought up the general demeanor of Bloomington during all this. I would have brought it to the cooler BUT it would have prolly went down the sh!tter pretty fast and I wanted a fair opinion. :) Back to the topic at hand suggestions in Bloomington for the OP!

So question for you...My daughter was down there this weekend with her friends and said there was BLM crap everywhere. Even the Bloomington mural was trashed. Have there been problems there?
As far as I know, the answer to your question is "not really". If your daughter was downtown, especially around the courthouse square, she would have seen some "artwork," but as far as "BLM crap everywhere" that's an overstatement.

Apologies as the usual hyper-partisans lined up and did...well...what they do.

Eagle Pointe has been cleaned up quite a bit from the financial downturn and is ok for a recreational round with the family. Nothing special, but you can have fun. $30.

If you have a little more time try to get on the new IU Pfau course. $80 weekday $95 weekend but worth it.

Btown is among the best college town experiences in the country that has seen understandable social protest but not much violence and is limping through covid like everyplace else.. The dining scene is generally amazing but as others said you need to look at what is open. We have enjoyed sushi and sashimi at Domo and Ami.

The spray paint will eventually be gone and the place will become Btown once again...only better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT