ADVERTISEMENT

Feeling good. We win 42-10.

I think if we jump on them early, there is a chance they lose some of their fire. It would be great to go on the road and blow out a conference opponent.

I think it will be uncessarily close, 31 - 24 IU.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I think if we jump on them early, there is a chance they lose some of their fire. It would be great to go on the road and blow out a conference opponent.

I think it will be uncessarily close, 31 - 24 IU.
Yes. That is the key. Score first and second and third and take their confidence away. Then pile on some more. I think Allen took the foot off the pedal at Rutgers because he didn't see the need to kick a team when they're already down. MD, however, could use another whoopin.

Yes. That is the key. Score first and second and third and take their confidence away. Then pile on some more. I think Allen took the foot off the pedal at Rutgers because he didn't see the need to kick a team when they're already down. MD, however, could use another whoopin.

I feel sorry for Rutgers. I will never feel sorry for Maryland. Especially after 2002.

MD just lost more players. Locksley is 9-79 as HC.

If anyone knows differently, or better, please list. This is what I've seen:

McFarland, #1 TB, doubtful
Jimmy Jordan, OC, questionable
Marcus Minor, OT doubtful
Terrance Davis, OL out for season
DJ Turner, WR out
Darryl Jones, WR, out
Tino Ellis, best CB, out
Josh Jackson, QB, out

They only had two returning OL to start the season. Now they've lost 2-3 of this year's starters. Davis might have been their best OL, from what I've seen.

I feel sorry for Rutgers. I will never feel sorry for Maryland. Especially after 2002.

Don't blame Maryland. Blame Mike Davis for going with a press, which we hadn't used all year, and with Coverdale hurt, once we grabbed a one point lead with 5-6 minutes to go. Francis hit a 3 pointer from the corner within 5 seconds, and things went to hell after that. Also blame Mike for taking the occasion of the F4 to lobby for a new and improved contract. I've never seen that before or since. Destroyed the major mojo we had built up to that point......

So is this the prediction thread then? Haha don't need to twist my arm.

Maryland is a cornered Turtle. IMO they need this game more than we do. Looking at the back half of their schedule if they don't beat us it will be hard for them to get three more wins. All other things being equal the team that needs it most usually comes out on top. Even with all their injuries Maryland is athletic and fast. If they play like they are capable of playing they are tough to deal with - I feel like a lot of people are underestimating them. As of Tuesday I was leaning toward Maryland.

With all that said Maryland feels like they might be on the brink of having the wheels fall off on them. From what I can gather IU seems dialed in. If we go out and do what we did in Minneapolis last year $#!t is going to break in my house. I don't think that is going to happen though. I expect this one to be close but Penix and Stevie will lead us to a dub:

Indiana 37 - Maryland 31

Jackson, they claim is doing some practicing.

If anyone knows differently, or better, please list. This is what I've seen:

McFarland, #1 TB, doubtful
Jimmy Jordan, OC, questionable
Marcus Minor, OT doubtful
Terrance Davis, OL out for season
DJ Turner, WR out
Darryl Jones, WR, out
Tino Ellis, best CB, out
Josh Jackson, QB, out

They only had two returning OL to start the season. Now they've lost 2-3 of this year's starters. Davis might have been their best OL, from what I've seen.

I’m with you. I think it’s going to be lopsided, but our defense will lose some competitive plays.

Indiana 34
Maryland17

So is this the prediction thread then? Haha don't need to twist my arm.

Maryland is a cornered Turtle. IMO they need this game more than we do. Looking at the back half of their schedule if they don't beat us it will be hard for them to get three more wins. All other things being equal the team that needs it most usually comes out on top. Even with all their injuries Maryland is athletic and fast. If they play like they are capable of playing they are tough to deal with - I feel like a lot of people are underestimating them. As of Tuesday I was leaning toward Maryland.

With all that said Maryland feels like they might be on the brink of having the wheels fall off on them. From what I can gather IU seems dialed in. If we go out and do what we did in Minneapolis last year $#!t is going to break in my house. I don't think that is going to happen though. I expect this one to be close but Penix and Stevie will lead us to a dub:

Indiana 37 - Maryland 31

ino, we 'need it worse' because this is year 3 for CTA, year 1 for ML. Also, he's got the injury excuse if they tank.......for us, it would be same old, same old.

A secret weapon is waiting in the wings. Made us look foolish in 2017:

images

If IU is any good, they should win this game. Allen has been talking about “breaking through” for 3 years. This is the pivotal game of his tenure. If we lay an egg, it’s all she wrote for his tenure, unfortunately.

A secret weapon is waiting in the wings. Made us look foolish in 2017:

images

If IU is any good, they should win this game. Allen has been talking about “breaking through” for 3 years. This is the pivotal game of his tenure. If we lay an egg, it’s all she wrote for his tenure, unfortunately.

I used to like some of your posts but you've gone full blown p u Troll... I'm guessing a family member took over your handle...

Tom Allen is here as the INDIANA head coach for at least another two years no matter what happens on Saturday. Anyone who believes otherwise is either just a TA hater or a p u Troll...

No matter what the naysayers normally say (see Big Crimson and all) I actually do have to agree with IU Football haters on this board.

Maryland will destroy us at their house. With all their big game breakers will race to a 31-10 first half. We will be pressing to get back in the game, abandon the running game. Penix will be pressed to throw 45+ times. Unfortunately will only hit on 20-45, two TDS, 4 INTs. Whop will be silenced. Stevie will rush for 35 yards on 15 carries. Frosh Mullen will get burnt TWICE giving up TDS.

Final Maryland 48-24

YEAH RIGHT NOT!!!!!!!!!!

IU will fall down early 3-0 due to Maryland speed, get a slightly good drive to start the game. DeBoer will test their limits for a few deep throws, but will manage short screens, and Stevie as needed to show ball control.

Should get one or two sustained drives in first half. Healthy dose of Whop, Hale, Hendershot. Stevie to keep them honest. A few shots downfield might break for a TD. Otherwise we will keep the chains moving as needed. Penix gets two pass TDs, Plus a FG. IU 17-3 at halftime.

Second half is MD, for the 3rd quarter. Hit on two big plays leading to TD and FG. 17-14 end 3rd.

4th qtr is all IU. Quick score to open, 24-14 IU. Maryland can’t get big plays, maybe huge Turnover. IU gets a FG. 27-14.

last 10 minutes of game. MD is playing pass, pass, pass. Seeing an INT for Mullen. We march down field to get FG, 30-14 IU with 3 minutes left.

From here, MD scores or we stop, not sure Either way. INDIANA WINS! 30-14 (or 30-20)

LETS GO HOOSIERS!!!

Up to your usual tricks of trashing IUFB, I see. Not sure why you keep coming on this board to trash the coach and team. Why not just go be an Alabama football fan?
OSU fan makes more sense. You don’t have to be an alum, understand the game or have a job. A-H-I-A

Reactions: 76-1
Great win. Depending on the spread you had, bad beat. (Saw IND -6.5 on the ESPN app, but most spreads I saw coming in had IND -5.5.)
That is a perfect scenario when the books get crushed. Big money probably had IU when it was -3.5 earlier in the week, and the late bettors taking Maryland when it ballooned to +6.5 or +7 cleaned up as well.

Reactions: SRIV94
Don't blame Maryland. Blame Mike Davis for going with a press, which we hadn't used all year, and with Coverdale hurt, once we grabbed a one point lead with 5-6 minutes to go. Francis hit a 3 pointer from the corner within 5 seconds, and things went to hell after that. Also blame Mike for taking the occasion of the F4 to lobby for a new and improved contract. I've never seen that before or since. Destroyed the major mojo we had built up to that point......
What does this have to do with football??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT