ADVERTISEMENT

FBI reopens Clinton case

This is from Wikileaks. Basically an email from the AGA informing Clinton's campaign manager about the investigation.
I can read it. I also looked up the Fox story on it. According to Fox, citing the DOJ source, it's not the "AGA informing Clinton's campaign manager about the investigation." According to them, it's the AGA, acting in a personal capacity, giving her campaign chairman a heads up about information that was public, anyway. If that's the case, I see no ethical or legal problems here. Whether or not that still might violate DOJ policy, I don't know.

According to them, it's the AGA, acting in a personal capacity, giving her campaign chairman a heads up about information that was public, anyway. If that's the case, I see no ethical or legal problems here. Whether or not that still might violate DOJ policy, I don't know.
Yabbut, it was an email!!!

I can read it. I also looked up the Fox story on it. According to Fox, citing the DOJ source, it's not the "AGA informing Clinton's campaign manager about the investigation." According to them, it's the AGA, acting in a personal capacity, giving her campaign chairman a heads up about information that was public, anyway. If that's the case, I see no ethical or legal problems here. Whether or not that still might violate DOJ policy, I don't know.

I don't see where the informing in this capacity is typical. Am I to assume that the AGA provides insights into ongoing investigations to personal email accounts of those under investigation or associated with those under investigation on a regular basis?

I don't see where the informing in this capacity is typical. Am I to assume that the AGA provides insights into ongoing investigations to personal email accounts on a regular basis?
I have no idea if it was typical. But when you tagged me, you were asking specifically about legality and ethics (which, him being a lawyer, I took to refer to the code of professional responsibility). If the DOJ source's explanation is correct, I think he's probably clean on those two fronts. But your "typical" comment is exactly why I made it a point to mention that I was saying nothing about whether or not he violated DOJ policy.

I have no idea if it was typical. But when you tagged me, you were asking specifically about legality and ethics (which, him being a lawyer, I took to refer to the code of professional responsibility). If the DOJ source's explanation is correct, I think he's probably clean on those two fronts. But your "typical" comment is exactly why I made it a point to mention that I was saying nothing about whether or not he violated DOJ policy.

Got it, thx.

Good point. That was a leap on my part.

Sounds to me like Huma could be in some deep doo doo.

Also, has anyone else seen rumor that the wikileaks emails came about because the Russians got hold of her password during one of her visits? I am starting to see some chatter in the righty blogosphere that the last release is going to be Hillary's actual correspondence and that her health might be one of the big topics.

Anyone seeing anything like that coming up among the lefty groups?

Democrats should have gone with Bernie. I think many of his ideas are whacky but I think the guy is basically clean.

Sounds to me like Huma could be in some deep doo doo.

Also, has anyone else seen rumor that the wikileaks emails came about because the Russians got hold of her password during one of her visits? I am starting to see some chatter in the righty blogosphere that the last release is going to be Hillary's actual correspondence and that her health might be one of the big topics.

Anyone seeing anything like that coming up among the lefty groups?

Democrats should have gone with Bernie. I think many of his ideas are whacky but I think the guy is basically clean.
The mention of Bernie reminds me of a comment I wanted to make on that subject. I was working out this morning at the gym and the TV on CNN had the title of the story they were doing at that moment, lack of black enthusiasm for Clinton. Now I didn't hear the words, I was listening to my book, but I could read the subtitles. A quick scan revealed that yep, blacks do not appear to be turning out for Clinton.

As a former Bernie supporter, what the hell? It was black support for Clinton that doomed Sanders. I know I defended their vote when Toasted was angry at how blacks were voting. Fine, anyone has a right to vote for whomever, for whatever reason. I have no problem with that, but to be a major force behind Clinton winning and to not turn out now? I can't get that.

I didn't see/read enough of it to know what numbers CNN had.

The mention of Bernie reminds me of a comment I wanted to make on that subject. I was working out this morning at the gym and the TV on CNN had the title of the story they were doing at that moment, lack of black enthusiasm for Clinton. Now I didn't hear the words, I was listening to my book, but I could read the subtitles. A quick scan revealed that yep, blacks do not appear to be turning out for Clinton.

As a former Bernie supporter, what the hell? It was black support for Clinton that doomed Sanders. I know I defended their vote when Toasted was angry at how blacks were voting. Fine, anyone has a right to vote for whomever, for whatever reason. I have no problem with that, but to be a major force behind Clinton winning and to not turn out now? I can't get that.

Yeah, sucks to get saddled with a poor candidate. I think, left or right, we all ended up in that boat this year.

She is no Nancy Pelosi.......

Reactions: Ladoga
Who said anything about her?

My question isn't about this post. It was just the easiest way I knew to tag you.

What good does it do for the FBI to reopen the email investigation and for that matter the Foundation investigation too if the DOL refuses to indict or even go to a grand jury?

Can they go around the DOJ?

My question isn't about this post. It was just the easiest way I knew to tag you.

What good does it do for the FBI to reopen the email investigation and for that matter the Foundation investigation too if the DOL refuses to indict or even go to a grand jury?

Can they go around the DOJ?

No they can't.

The FBI is basically cops and the DOJ are the prosecutors. They only way around is an incensed public--or a surprising POTUS vote.

No they can't.

The FBI is basically cops and the DOJ are the prosecutors. They only way around is an incensed public--or a surprising POTUS vote.

That's what I thought. They're only leaks from some in the FBI but it sounds like both investigations have gotten serious for the Clintons. I know before I get blasted don't beleive Fox or anyone else reporting on it.

No they can't.

Can a DOJ prosecutor in let's say NY office pursue without Lynch approval?

No they can't.

Which is probably why you're seeing "sources" talking about this stuff now to the press. Lynch and Co seemingly aren't interested in looking into it, so the only thing to do is try and force their hand. The only problem is that no one seems to care.

Of course, I'd still rather see HRC elected than Trump. I guess the best scenario is HRC wins and gets bounced after one term, or more entertainingly gets impeached. But that seems unlikely since she's probably got dirt on most of Washington.

When does House of Cards start up again?

Can a DOJ prosecutor in let's say NY office pursue without Lynch approval?

No. US attorneys work for the Attorney General.

I blame Obama. If he would have handled the Clinton investigation the way the Bush administrated the Valerie Plame investigation, we wouldn't be sitting here facing a choice between a buffoon and an unethical crook.

we wouldn't be sitting here facing a choice between a buffoon and an unethical crook.
Your choice is pretty simple. You've already voted for a moral buffoon. Twice. Question is, are you willing to compromise your morals?

Hillary is no more of an unethical crook than any other politician. Let's be honest. You've fallen for thirty-plus years of spin and attacks, hook, line, and sinker.

You might be interested to know that Hillary fought and beat ACORN as a lawyer. Read this: Clinton as Lawyer: ‘She Took Me Apart Like a Toy Watch’ Hillary will dismantle Putin like a toy watch too. LIke Trump, Putin's deeply afraid of getting one-upped by any woman. This should be fun to watch.

Ironically, Hillary might well be more conservative than Trump, in practice. At least in many areas.

So here is one of my rubs. Since people have allowed it for 30+ years, do we have to continue to allow it? Can they not have a point where they revolt and say say, NO MORE. ? A defense theme I have noticed from several left folks here is that, well it's always been like this so just let it go. I think a lot of people are not agreeing with that anymore.

Hillary is no more of an unethical crook than any other politician. Let's be honest. You've fallen for thirty-plus years of spin

Reactions: Lucy01
Your choice is pretty simple. You've already voted for a moral buffoon. Twice.

Twice? The effects of a buffoon can be mitigated with a competent staff. Hillary has shown us that the effects of corruption and dishonesty not only can't be fixed with staff, it becomes worse. e.g. Donna Brazile.

Hillary is no more of an unethical crook than any other politician.

First, that is no response. Second it just isn't true. Nobody has ever been nominated while under two serious felony investigations. I have explained the difference between Hillary's dishonesty and dishonesty about policy statements. The latter is routine. The former is a serious matter.

You might be interested to know that Hillary fought and beat ACORN as a lawyer.

That was then, this is now. Hillary has lost several steps even from her 2008 campaign.

Hillary will dismantle Putin like a toy watch too.

Yeah, her reset button worked so well.

Hillary might well be more conservative than Trump, in practice.

I agree. But if I said once, I said a gazillion times, when it comes to qualities of a good president, ideology is not at the top of the list.

Twice? The effects of a buffoon can be mitigated with a competent staff.
Yeah, right. The 8 Bush Neocon years were the worst thing that has happened to the world, probably ever.

I agree. But if I said once, I said a gazillion times, when it comes to qualities of a good president, ideology is not at the top of the list.
Your last phrase is comically ironic. Your thinking is entirely rosined together by your ideology, despite your going to great lengths to portray your pragmatic decision-making process for POTUS.

Trump has no discernible good qualities, other than being a topflight con artist and demagogue, if that's what you're seeking. The truest utterance ever leaving Ted Cruz's lips was that Trump is a pathological liar. Hillary has an abundance of characteristics that you would admire in any GOP candidate.

Hillary has an abundance of characteristics that you would admire in any GOP candidate.

Indeed she does. That whole Donna Bazile fiasco gave Hillary a golden opportunity to bury Trump. She could have even secured my vote. But she is just too dishonest; too unethical, and too weak.

No. US attorneys work for the Attorney General.

I blame Obama. If he would have handled the Clinton investigation the way the Bush administrated the Valerie Plame investigation, we wouldn't be sitting here facing a choice between a buffoon and an unethical crook.

It's becoming apparent through the FBI leaks that agents are upset with the DOL and Deputy Director MaCabe's preferential treatment of the Clintons in both investigations. Agents are saying they would be suspended or worse if they had the conflict of interest MaCabe had while involving himself in both investigations. It appears they're upset with Obama's interference through statements he makes. The self righteous democrats preach to republicans about Trump but are ignoring and making light of Hillary's issues with emails and Foundation which are obvious.

It's becoming apparent through the FBI leaks that agents are upset with the DOL and Deputy Director MaCabe's preferential treatment of the Clintons in both investigations. Agents are saying they would be suspended or worse if they had the conflict of interest MaCabe had while involving himself in both investigations. It appears they're upset with Obama's interference through statements he makes. The self righteous democrats preach to republicans about Trump but are ignoring and making light of Hillary's issues with emails and Foundation which are obvious.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Hillarys investigations end up bringing the whole damn thing down, then she walks Scott free. And people would STILL vote for her.

Reactions: stollcpa
Do you have any links or evidence for any of that? Because I haven't been reading every single article out there, but I've been following the story closely enough to form an opinion that is pretty much exactly the opposite of what you have here. All the sources seem to agree that the agents presented their case about the foundation, and DOJ officials as well as FBI leadership all agreed there was absolutely no case there at all.

Do you have any links or evidence for any of that? Because I haven't been reading every single article out there, but I've been following the story closely enough to form an opinion that is pretty much exactly the opposite of what you have here. All the sources seem to agree that the agents presented their case about the foundation, and DOJ officials as well as FBI leadership all agreed there was absolutely no case there at all.

I know Bret Baier don't count in your universe.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ctment_likely_in_clinton_foundation_case.html

Wouldn't it be ironic if Hillarys investigations end up bringing the whole damn thing down, then she walks Scott free. And people would STILL vote for her.

I have no doubt evidence will not matter. DOJ and Obama will allow nothing to happen. FBI agents who are willing to come out and be prosecuted is the only way we find out how bad it is. Too bad they can't have whistleblower status.

I have no doubt evidence will not matter. DOJ and Obama will allow nothing to happen. FBI agents who are willing to come out and be prosecuted is the only way we find out how bad it is. Too bad they can't have whistleblower status.

After thinking about this a little more, that wouldn't be ironic at all. That's more the norm isn't it. Her people take take the fall for her, or die trying anyway.

Nothing that Baier reported in those segments was at all like what you said. I'm asking if you have evidence that agents are upset with Obama, that McCabe is interfering to protect Clinton, etc. You know, the things you actually said in the post I was responding to.

The information about agents I heard in interview on radio on way home tonight. I believe the interview was with Baier. I will see if I can find links. I've seen stories that indicated MaCabe has argued on behalf of agents with DOL officials who want the investigations to stop.

Do you think the official that Baier quoted as saying the investigation will continue and barring obstruction will lead to an indictment was just made up information from a non realiable source? Do you think Baier has integrity and is doing legitimate reporting?

Do you think the official that Baier quoted as saying the investigation will continue and barring obstruction will lead to an indictment was just made up information from a non realiable source? Do you think Baier has integrity and is doing legitimate reporting?
<q>
Fox News reporter and anchor Bret Baier, who hosts “Special Report” on the cable channel, apologized Friday for reporting that indictments were “likely” in an ongoing investigation into Clinton Foundation investigation, adding that the reports were a mistake.
</q>

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-me...er-sorry-for-clinton-foundation-report-230743

Everything I'm hearing today says that there's a cadre of anti-Clinton agents who have gone rogue, leaking anything they have -- no matter how groundless or flimsy -- they think will impact her negatively. Comey, Lynch, and Obama have lost control of the agency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT