ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci

You incorrectly tell people what they think so you can falsely make an inaccurate point, they run and hide.

I bet you vote straight ticket Democrat every time.

Don’t bother to respond.

Just read this - because Fauci is an admitted liar, it is possible to think poorly of him without thinking “Donald is a hero.”

Requires understanding two things at once though, so I get why got it wrong.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. A Trump guy talking about Fauci lies?
Are you out of mind or just plain stupid? Did you really get a degree from IU? Even a Slippery Rock College grad can't be that stupid and clueless.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. A Trump guy talking about Fauci lies?
Are you out of mind or just plain stupid? Did you really get a degree from IU? Even a Slippery Rock College grad can't be that stupid and clueless.
So you think I’m a Trump guy, huh?
Ok.
Keep that unithink thing going.
It’s serving you very well.
100%

And yes, I got my IU degree in 1987. (Apparently they lowered their standards.)

Here’s the quality of your thinking:

Vote against Trump in 2 primaries and 2 general elections = “Trump guy”. Brilliant.

“Trump lied” = not possible that Fauci lied despite Fauci statements that Fauci lied. Brilliant squared.

I’m sure the Nobel Foundation will be in touch soon. Stay by the phone. Don’t move. Don’t respond. Don’t think. (Easy.) Don’t leave.

So you think I’m a Trump guy, huh?
Ok.
Keep that unithink thing going.
It’s serving you very well.
100%

And yes, I got my IU degree in 1987. (Apparently they lowered their standards.)

Here’s the quality of your thinking:

Vote against Trump in 2 primaries and 2 general elections = “Trump guy”. Brilliant.

“Trump lied” = not possible that Fauci lied despite Fauci statements that Fauci lied. Brilliant squared.

I’m sure the Nobel Foundation will be in touch soon. Stay by the phone. Don’t move. Don’t respond. Don’t think. (Easy.) Don’t leave.
Wow, you're young.
Explains a lot. :)

Except that I thought you were about 80.

Reactions: UncleMark
Thankfully many states still got it relatively right. We should all be grateful for federalism
Got what right?

According to data from Johns Hopkins, the US has suffered nearly 20% of the world's Covid deaths despite the fact that we have just over 4% of the world's population. Only 12 countries globally have experienced more Covid deaths per capita than the US. Our Covid test positivity rate is hovering around 10%, worse than dozens of other countries.

This recent observation was made by Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins: "I think of the US as having the worst outcomes. It's just the size of our epidemic and the fact that it didn't have to be this way."

The one thing we have gotten right is the vaccine rollout. We're 7th globally in vaccine doses per 100 people. Some states (e.g. Texas) are now faring better than others in terms of case rates because of relative efficiency in ordering and administering vaccines.

Got what right?

According to data from Johns Hopkins, the US has suffered nearly 20% of the world's Covid deaths despite the fact that we have just over 4% of the world's population. Only 12 countries globally have experienced more Covid deaths per capita than the US. Our Covid test positivity rate is hovering around 10%, worse than dozens of other countries.

This recent observation was made by Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins: "I think of the US as having the worst outcomes. It's just the size of our epidemic and the fact that it didn't have to be this way."

The one thing we have gotten right is the vaccine rollout. We're 7th globally in vaccine doses per 100 people. Some states (e.g. Texas) are now faring better than others in terms of case rates because of relative efficiency in ordering and administering vaccines.
Some states got it right in that they weren’t ny calif mich and Ill. can you imagine the boat the country would be in if all 50 states were run like those four! Others got businesses open. Got schools open. Saved some livelihoods. Deaths. We’re a free country of fat, old, smokers and drinkers who eat butter burgers. Don’t care how we compare to other countries. No clue what data from anywhere is being accurately reported

Last edited:
Some states got it right in that they weren’t ny calif mich and Ill. Got businesses open. Got schools open. Saved some livelihoods. Deaths. We’re a country of fat, old, smokers and drinkers who eat butter burgers. Don’t care how we compare to other countries. No clue what data from anywhere is being accurately reported
One interesting comparison, state COVID death rates (https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/) and density (https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/state-densities). There is a lot of overlap, which makes sense.

But some states don't fit the model. South Dakota is 9th in deaths per capita and 45th in density. On the other end, Florida is 27th in deaths and 8th in density. Both opted to stay mostly open.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Trump F’d up putting him front and center. Again I don’t blame fauci for anything. His job was to give his opinion. It was the elected leaders job to evaluate it and balance it against broader policy needs. Fauci is just a science guy. Our elected leaders bear all responsibility. They are the decision makers. If I were the president I would have never let fauci talk

Mostly agree. I think Fauci was okay on some technical things about how the virus moved though the population, but he was asked by reporters and members of congress to go well beyond disease vectors and he seemed eager to get into that. He was totally out of depth in how to treat and care for patients yet he was asked and answered questions about that.
Trump originally put Pence front and center on the Covid response, and I said it was a good move at the time. Then he saw all the attention Pence were getting and inserted himself in his stead. He trotted out Fauci and Birx (among others) to be his wingmen, and then they had to clean up after him. Trump should have let Pence handle the messaging and control of how much Fauci and Birx had to say publicly, and should have let the scientists lead the policy making rather than trying to do it himself based on the politics. You can point at Fauci's and Birx's missteps all you want, but it was Trump who fvcked everything up.

And yet, he still easily turns Gym Jordan into a sputtering d-bag.

EtbKZlGXIAAb9d7.jpg

One interesting comparison, state COVID death rates (https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/) and density (https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/state-densities). There is a lot of overlap, which makes sense.

But some states don't fit the model. South Dakota is 9th in deaths per capita and 45th in density. On the other end, Florida is 27th in deaths and 8th in density. Both opted to stay mostly open.

Trump originally put Pence front and center on the Covid response, and I said it was a good move at the time. Then he saw all the attention Pence were getting and inserted himself in his stead. He trotted out Fauci and Birx (among others) to be his wingmen, and then they had to clean up after him. Trump should have let Pence handle the messaging and control of how much Fauci and Birx had to say publicly, and should have let the scientists lead the policy making rather than trying to do it himself based on the politics. You can point at Fauci's and Birx's missteps all you want, but it was Trump who fvcked everything up.
agree with you save "let the scientists lead the policy making." politicians make policy not scientists

agree with you save "let the scientists lead the policy making." politicians make policy not scientists
Sure, but the policy should have been based on the science, not the politics. Of course, both have to be taken into consideration, but with Trump it was obvious the science always took a back seat.

Sure, but the policy should have been based on the science, not the politics. Of course, both have to be taken into consideration, but with Trump it was obvious the science always took a back seat.
politics and science became it's own fight within a fight. again just poor leadership. follow the science drove me nuts tho. follow the science connotes to the exclusion of other shit. balance the science - with myriad other considerations would have been more appropriate imo

politics and science became it's own fight within a fight. again just poor leadership. follow the science drove me nuts tho. follow the science connotes to the exclusion of other shit. balance the science - with myriad other considerations would have been more appropriate imo
sloganeering

This claim would make a lot more sense if you linked to something besides the freaking National Revue?

"His hypercautiousness has worn out its welcome with most folks. It's not just Trump voters who have grown tired of him...it is a big tent of folks who have had enough."

You use the term "big tent" and link to the National Review? For all I know the claim has some merit,but when I read the article I don't even see them listing a single source of non-Trump voters that would agree.

I'm going to guess that if you ask most people who they blame more for Covid policy failings (Fauci vs Trump) the only folks who are going to say "Fauci" are people who self-identify as Republicans and/or Trump supporters, with Dems and Independents blaming Trump. Value judgement aside, it's hard to quantify about 40% as "most folks"...

Reactions: largemouth
What incentive does Tony Fauci have for the pandemic ending? Why would he want to let go of the power he currently possesses? It's simply human nature. If you were placed in the same position as Fauci, tell me you would be in a hurry to get out of the spotlight.

Why would Fauci constantly push for masking and social distancing if he wanted the pandemic to continue?

Why would Fauci constantly push for masking and social distancing if he wanted the pandemic to continue?
I think Matthew Dowd nailed it pretty well...

"Matthew Dowd, a former strategist for George W. Bush’s 2004 presidential campaign, on Thursday explained why he thinks Republicans are so obsessed with attacking Dr. Anthony Fauci.
“I think this is fundamentally about the attack on science and data, and if it doesn’t agree ― from many of the GOP’s perspective as science or data or knowledge or information ― doesn’t agree with basically their emotional stand, they want to ignore it,” Dowd, now a political analyst for ABC, told CNN’s Erin Burnett.
Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert and chief medical adviser to President Joe Biden, is “trying to take a rational approach against people who have an emotional place in this,” Dowd continued.
Dowd said GOP lawmakers such as Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), who has clashed with Fauci on pandemic restrictions, have taken stances that have “nothing to do with liberty or freedom.”
“But that’s where we are when we have reason and rationality on one side and emotional reactions and ideology on the other,” he added."

Reactions: meridian

I suspect Florida sent some of its not-yet-known Covid infections back north when the snowbirds returned home. Doubt if many infections from crowded beach/nightclub infections were scored against Florida, when the infected departed Florida before the incubation period revealed they were infected in Florida. Wish there were a scientific way to know.

But it's difficult to accept any suggestion there is scientific proof that Desantis knows how to have crowded beaches and nightclubs without having a very high occurrence of Covid.

I still don't know if/how this controversy has been resolved:

I suspect Florida sent some of its not-yet-known Covid infections back north when the snowbirds returned home. Doubt if many infections from crowded beach/nightclub infections were scored against Florida, when the infected departed Florida before the incubation period revealed they were infected in Florida. Wish there were a scientific way to know.

But it's difficult to accept any suggestion there is scientific proof that Desantis knows how to have crowded beaches and nightclubs without having a very high occurrence of Covid.

I still don't know if/how this controversy has been resolved:

You should live in a bubble. Moron.

I agree Trump screwed everything up, but I'm not sure Trump actually put Fauci, Birx and Pence front and center so much as he put them back and center. He wanted them out there so it looked like they supported his ridiculous thoughts when they didn't.

I agree Trump screwed everything up, but I'm not sure Trump actually put Fauci, Birx and Pence front and center so much as he put them back and center. He wanted them out there so it looked like they supported his ridiculous thoughts when they didn't.
Bwahahaha yes their counsel has been genius. Don’t wear a mask. No wait do wear a mask. NEVER remove your mask. Try two masks!!!. And stay away from others. That’s the sum of their brilliant advice. You still supporting Cuomo?

You should build a unibomber shed in the woods to stay safe. Get that country satellite internet so you can stream cnn

Actually, he "may be" very wealthy, and Melania "used to be" very good looking many years ago.
Actually he is very wealthy - his ny holdings alone. And I guarantee that Melanie today is far hotter than anything your nerdy ass has ever had.

Actually he is very wealthy - his ny holdings alone. And I guarantee that Melanie today is far hotter than anything your nerdy ass has ever had.
Melania has never done anything for me. I get why people think she's hot, but to me she has always had that soulless runway model look. NTTAWWT, just not my type.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Bwahahaha yes their counsel has been genius. Don’t wear a mask. No wait do wear a mask. NEVER remove your mask. Try two masks!!!. And stay away from others. That’s the sum of their brilliant advice. You still supporting Cuomo?

You should build a unibomber shed in the woods to stay safe. Get that country satellite internet so you can stream cnn
The media has had a bad news bias on Covid as well. A lot of Democrats have grossly overestimated how often infections result in hospitalization. To be fair, Republicans have probably underestimated.

The media has had a bad news bias on Covid as well. A lot of Democrats have grossly overestimated how often infections result in hospitalization. To be fair, Republicans have probably underestimated.
I’m thankful not to live in some of these insane states. MO is far more DeSantis than pritzker. Glad to see govs subject to recalls. Can you imagine dealing with that mich gov etc. like we’re all babies. Absurd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT