ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci

Spartans9312

All-American
Nov 11, 2004
His interview yesterday on CNN had a different tone from his interview on MSNBC last weekend, in which he discouraged fully vaccinated folks from dining indoors. His hypercautiousness has worn out its welcome with most folks. It's not just Trump voters who have grown tired of him...it is a big tent of folks who have had enough.

His interview yesterday on CNN had a different tone from his interview on MSNBC last weekend, in which he discouraged fully vaccinated folks from dining indoors. His hypercautiousness has worn out its welcome with most folks. It's not just Trump voters who have grown tired of him...it is a big tent of folks who have had enough.
I hear ya. My doc has been telling me to stop eating greasy foods for years. Enough's enough already.
:)

Let's gauge Tony Fauci's quality of life over the last year. For all intents and purposes, he was unknown to the general public prior to the outbreak of COVID-19 in March 2020. Since then, he has appeared on national television nearly every day and has been on the cover of Vanity Fair, TIME, InStyle and People. He is adored by the masses. Do you think he is in any hurry to relinquish his newfound celeberity status or even an inch of the spotlight? I think not.

Using the word “ folks “ makes you sound like one of the good ole boys, a regular guy, keep it up.

Let's gauge Tony Fauci's quality of life over the last year. For all intents and purposes, he was unknown to the general public prior to the outbreak of COVID-19 in March 2020. Since then, he has appeared on national television nearly every day and has been on the cover of Vanity Fair, TIME, InStyle and People. He is adored by the masses. Do you think he is in any hurry to relinquish his newfound celeberity status or even an inch of the spotlight? I think not.
Someone sounds a tad jealous. Not getting the attention you deserve for all those HIIT workouts you do?

We need to go where the science and data take us. We don’t need to be worried about surfaces. I see a lot of asinine disinfecting of surfaces even today. We don’t need to wear a mask outdoors when you have a little space. I’ve been going to tennis matches this spring and I’m required to wear a mask as I stand by myself outside. It makes zero sense.

We need to go where the science and data take us. We don’t need to be worried about surfaces. I see a lot of asinine disinfecting of surfaces even today. We don’t need to wear a mask outdoors when you have a little space. I’ve been going to tennis matches this spring and I’m required to wear a mask as I stand by myself outside. It makes zero sense.
I’ve been a good little American but I’m seriously sick of the masking. I get it in certain situations. But 80% of the situations are stupid. Wearing a mask to walk into a restaurant, then immediately removing it is one of the most stupid things imaginable.

Just dropped by to check how our TrumpVirus experts are talking about.

I get the feeling that you guys think Fauci is a scumbag, and Donald is a hero.
Fire Fouci and bring back the real TrumpVirus expert, Donal Trump!

Well done, guys!

Don't bother to respond. I am leaving, like right now!

His hypercautiousness has worn out its welcome with most folks. It's not just Trump voters who have grown tired of him...it is a big tent of folks who have had enough.
I feel bad for the guy. He can't win. Every time he talks like things could loosen up a bit if we just stayed with masking and distancing, we get another blowup like in Michigan.
I see a lot of asinine disinfecting of surfaces even today. We don’t need to wear a mask outdoors when you have a little space.
Common sense is called for. Yes, most of the wiping and disinfecting you see anymore is just theater. And as far as I'm concerned, distancing (while masked) isn't that big a deal unless it's indoors and in close quarters.

I agree with that.... use common sense.
What I thought was so funny was watching the NCAA basketball tournament and all the coaches with the mask not covering their face or when they yelled they'd always take it down and that's when they needed it the most.

Cmon he's been the top infectious desease expert since the 80's and we're in the middle of a bad infectous disease.

He's doing his job.

He's not an economist and not a politician.

The villainy of Fauci by Trump is seriously one of the most idiotic things that has happened in American history.

Seriously it's beyond stupid and it's why this damn thing is lingering because half of the country isn't doing a damn thing to get through it other than whine.

It's a doubled edged sword of stupidity. On one hand people are fighting the things we need to do to stop giving the effing virus fuel.

On the other a lot of the same people are bitching that things aren't back to normal and should be.

Yeah, Fauci is totally trying to drag the pandemic out because he so enjoys the limelight.

C'mon!

Cmon he's been the top infectious desease expert since the 80's and we're in the middle of a bad infectous disease.

He's doing his job.

The villainy of Fauci by Trump is seriously one of the most idiotic things that has happened in American history.

Seriously it's beyond stupid and it's why this damn thing is lingering because half of the country isn't doing a damn thing to get through it other than whine.

It's a doubled edged sword of stupidity. On one hand people are fighting the things we need to do to stop giving the effing virus fuel.

On the other a lot of the same people are bitching that things aren't back to normal and should be.

Yeah, Fauci is totally trying to drag the pandemic out because he so enjoys the limelight.

C'mon!
What incentive does Tony Fauci have for the pandemic ending? Why would he want to let go of the power he currently possesses? It's simply human nature. If you were placed in the same position as Fauci, tell me you would be in a hurry to get out of the spotlight.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
Seriously, what the hell are you talking about? Fauci's quality of life over the last year? He and his family have endured hate mail and death threats. He had to cover for Trump when Trump was uttering crazy shit about Covid from the presidential podium and, in return for that deference and respect, Trump ridiculed him on multiple occasions. He risked his own health and met with Trump and other executive branch staffers at a time when Covid was spreading like wildfire through the White House, and he was seemingly on-call 24/7. He has been reviled by influential right-wing radio and TV pundits, and regularly mocked on Fox News. And despite delivering an unpopular message (masks, social-distancing, don't congregate indoors, etc.), he remains popular, even enjoying "celeberity" status as you've noted, because he was a voice of intelligence and sanity at a time when there was little of that in the White House. Once this is over, I'm sure he'll gladly return to relative anonymity and the opportunity to spend time with his wife, daughters and grandchildren.

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about? Fauci's quality of life over the last year? He and his family have endured hate mail and death threats. He had to cover for Trump when Trump was uttering crazy shit about Covid from the presidential podium and, in return for that deference and respect, Trump ridiculed him on multiple occasions. He risked his own health and met with Trump and other executive branch staffers at a time when Covid was spreading like wildfire through the White House, and he was seemingly on-call 24/7. He has been reviled by influential right-wing radio and TV pundits, and regularly mocked on Fox News. And despite delivering an unpopular message (masks, social-distancing, don't congregate indoors, etc.), he remains popular, even enjoying "celeberity" status as you've noted, because he was a voice of intelligence and sanity at a time when there was little of that in the White House. Once this is over, I'm sure he'll gladly return to relative anonymity and the opportunity to spend time with his wife, daughters and grandchildren.
I feel bad for the guy. He can't win. Every time he talks like things could loosen up a bit if we just stayed with masking and distancing, we get another blowup like in Michigan.

Common sense is called for. Yes, most of the wiping and disinfecting you see anymore is just theater. And as far as I'm concerned, distancing (while masked) isn't that big a deal unless it's indoors and in close quarters.
and hopefully retire. enough 80 year olds. with the proper perspective fauci's job was to provide the best science/medical advice possible. i don't blame him for being overly cautious. that was his job. the fault lies with certain governors whose job it is to interpret the science/medicine and balance same with other policy needs and obligations. we lost our way with "follow the science" to the exclusion of the proper role of that advice and how it fits in with other policy needs; a lack of understanding of federalism; and a president using masks as a totem to pick childish fights.

all and all we had lots of poor leadership in this country. none of that falls on fauci

Reactions: TommyCracker
What incentive does Tony Fauci have for the pandemic ending? Why would he want to let go of the power he currently possesses? It's simply human nature. If you were placed in the same position as Fauci, tell me you would be in a hurry to get out of the spotlight.
Has it ever occurred to you that some people are different from the likes of you and Trump?
Has it occurred to you that there are some people who are concerned about health and wellness of the citizens, which ironically include clueless you and Trump?

I hear ya. My doc has been telling me to stop eating greasy foods for years. Enough's enough already.
:)
I know what you mean. My primary care physician keeps telling me to sop doing heroin. It’s really getting old!

Come for the racist theories and stay for the anti vaccine nuttiness. And if you can’t manage to hate this smug asshole enough, he has a kid named Buckley. That’s right. Tuck and Buck. Now go punch a wall.

Reactions: cosmickid
and hopefully retire. enough 80 year olds. with the proper perspective fauci's job was to provide the best science/medical advice possible. i don't blame him for being overly cautious. that was his job. the fault lies with certain governors whose job it is to interpret the science/medicine and balance same with other policy needs and obligations. we lost our way with "follow the science" to the exclusion of the proper role of that advice and how it fits in with other policy needs; a lack of understanding of federalism; and a president using masks as a totem to pick childish fights.

all and all we had lots of poor leadership in this country. none of that falls on fauci
Fauci praised Cuomo and he scratches his head over how wide open Texas has declining death rates. Fauci might be a good lab guy, but he has been way out of his lane as a public spokesperson and policy guy. This has nothing to do with being 80. Fauci doesn’t treat patients and is totally whacko on therapeutics. (He has one answer to everything; “there are no studies or trials confirming the effectiveness of any drugs”. Well no shit, this is a new virus). Our national inattention to treatments cost thousands of lives according to some of those who actually see and treat patients.

Fauci praised Cuomo and he scratches his head over how wide open Texas has declining death rates. Fauci might be a good lab guy, but he has been way out of his lane as a public spokesperson and policy guy. This has nothing to do with being 80. Fauci doesn’t treat patients and is totally whacko on therapeutics. (He has one answer to everything; “there are no studies or trials confirming the effectiveness of any drugs”. Well no shit, this is a new virus). Our national inattention to treatments cost thousands of lives according to some of those who actually see and treat patients.
Trump F’d up putting him front and center. Again I don’t blame fauci for anything. His job was to give his opinion. It was the elected leaders job to evaluate it and balance it against broader policy needs. Fauci is just a science guy. Our elected leaders bear all responsibility. They are the decision makers. If I were the president I would have never let fauci talk

Reactions: UncleMark
Trump F’d up putting him front and center. Again I don’t blame fauci for anything. His job was to give his opinion. It was the elected leaders job to evaluate it and balance it against broader policy needs. Fauci is just a science guy. Our elected leaders bear all responsibility. They are the decision makers. If I were the president I would have never let fauci talk
Mostly agree. I think Fauci was okay on some technical things about how the virus moved though the population, but he was asked by reporters and members of congress to go well beyond disease vectors and he seemed eager to get into that. He was totally out of depth in how to treat and care for patients yet he was asked and answered questions about that.

Just dropped by to check how our TrumpVirus experts are talking about.

I get the feeling that you guys think Fauci is a scumbag, and Donald is a hero.
Fire Fouci and bring back the real TrumpVirus expert, Donal Trump!

Well done, guys!

Don't bother to respond. I am leaving, like right now!
You incorrectly tell people what they think so you can falsely make an inaccurate point, then run and hide.

I bet you vote straight ticket Democrat every time.

Don’t bother to respond.

Just read this - because Fauci is an admitted liar, it is possible to think poorly of him without thinking “Donald is a hero.”

Requires understanding two things at once though, so I get why got it wrong.

Last edited:
Mostly agree. I think Fauci was okay on some technical things about how the virus moved though the population, but he was asked by reporters and members of congress to go well beyond disease vectors and he seemed eager to get into that. He was totally out of depth in how to treat and care for patients yet he was asked and answered questions about that.
You and I disagree on this but if I were president I’d have never let fauci speak. The problem is trump was the other extreme of insane. with trump alone who knows what we would have been told. Use calamine lotion and it’ll be fine. This was an issue far removed from trunp’s skill set. Between fauci and trump we had a perfect storm.

Thankfully many states still got it relatively right. We should all be grateful for federalism

Reactions: 76-1
I agree with that.... use common sense.
What I thought was so funny was watching the NCAA basketball tournament and all the coaches with the mask not covering their face or when they yelled they'd always take it down and that's when they needed it the most.
Correct.

Say one thing -do another -expect trust.

Yikes.

He's doing his job.

C'mon!

Fauci lied, then tells people things that ignore the math, science and common sense.

It has nothing to do with Trump.

You and I disagree on this but if I were president I’d have never let fauci speak. The problem is trump was the other extreme of insane. with trump alone who knows what we would have been told. Use calamine lotion and it’ll be fine. This was an issue far removed from trunp’s skill set. Between fauci and trump we had a perfect storm.

Thankfully many states still got it right. We should all be grateful for federalism
Trump talked too much. That is an occupational hazard for politicians, Trump makes it worse because he is also impulsive and evokes a significant negative response with every utterance. Hydroxy is a perfect example of his shooting his mouth off. Hydroxy is useful, but isn’t a “game changer”.

Reactions: NPT and mcmurtry66
Trump talked too much. That is an occupational hazard for politicians, Trump makes it worse because he is also impulsive and evokes a significant negative response with every utterance. Hydroxy is a perfect example of his shooting his mouth off. Hydroxy is useful, but isn’t a “game changer”.
Trump forgets to engage his brain before he starts flapping his gums. Of course that is NOT unique with politicians (or other people).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT