ADVERTISEMENT

Fans in the stands?

Ask him about his forecast of a 1 to 2 month delay to start the NFL season, that also never happened. On a side note, ask this board if anyone remembers that I lobbied for IU to go after Kiffin, as head coach, a few years back. It certainly came back to haunt them, for those that doubted at the time.

How so?

Kiffen coaches a losing team that caught a break when IU played like shit. And who the hell would want that bag of hammers representing IU?

If you must be vaccinated to attend games, my days of attending games will be over.

Who are you to say what the “right” things is? Last I checked, we live in America and have the freedom to make choices.

It's a hoax by god!!

'Merica!

Reactions: Hoosierific
So, because of one game, you're ready to throw in the towel on a guy who's 11-3 in his last 14 Big Ten games? And for Kiffin, a guy who's even nuttier than you?
That's not at all what I said, Mr. No Fall Season. I mentioned in the past, IU should have conducted a head coaching search and then selected Kiffin and kept Allen as DC. Just think about how that would've worked out.
How so?

Kiffen coaches a losing team that caught a break when IU played like shit. And who the hell would want that bag of hammers representing IU?
I guess you enjoy missing post seasons and losing bowl games. Most of us certainly don't. What makes him a bag of hammers? Are you afraid he wins too much and beat our best team in what seems like forever?

That's not at all what I said, Mr. No Fall Season. I mentioned in the past, IU should have conducted a head coaching search and then selected Kiffin and kept Allen as DC. Just think about how that would've worked out.

I guess you enjoy missing post seasons and losing bowl games. Most of us certainly don't. What makes him a bag of hammers? Are you afraid he wins too much and beat our best team in what seems like forever?
YOu might be forgetting that had TA not been named head coach, he was on his way back to Ole Miss to be the DC there. So had things taken that turn, Allen could have been HC at Mississippi this year and we could have been playing his team.

Even if that scenario had not played out, Tom Allen wasn't going to be on our staff as anything other than head coach. His decision to leave to return to Ole Miss was the main reason Fred pulled the plug on Wilson.

YOu might be forgetting that had TA not been named head coach, he was on his way back to Ole Miss to be the DC there. So had things taken that turn, Allen could have been HC at Mississippi this year and we could have been playing his team.

Even if that scenario had not played out, Tom Allen wasn't going to be on our staff as anything other than head coach. His decision to leave to return to Ole Miss was the main reason Fred pulled the plug on Wilson.
I'm not at all forgetting that possibility. Let's put this to the test for the rest of the board. I'm in agreement that Allen was on his way out so that Glass had to act and Wilson was pushed out for double jeopardy regarding player treatment. However, everyone on this board says Allen loves IU and would never leave. I'm in total disagreement that he stays forever in any scenario. But if Glass had promised he would be the next man up once Kiffin moved on, which I believe he would too at some point, then my scenario makes sense of everything coming together.

I'm not at all forgetting that possibility. Let's put this to the test for the rest of the board. I'm in agreement that Allen was on his way out so that Glass had to act and Wilson was pushed out for double jeopardy regarding player treatment. However, everyone on this board says Allen loves IU and would never leave. I'm in total disagreement that he stays forever in any scenario. But if Glass had promised he would be the next man up once Kiffin moved on, which I believe he would too at some point, then my scenario makes sense of everything coming together.
That requires a ton of speculation. Would Allen want to coach under Kiffin ?, Would Kiffin want Allen or would he want to bring in his own people ? Would Kiffin be interested in the 4-2-5 or would he prefer a different defense, etc. Hell, we don't know that Kiffin would have even accepted the job at IU. To me, this dream scenario that you have envisioned Fred should have put together isn't worth speculating on, let alone fabricating some illusion that Glass missed a surefire opportunity to catapult IU to the top of college football. It reminds me of the guys on the basketball side who remain convinced that Brad Stevens would have chosen IU over the Celtics if we'd only been smart enough to pursue him.

Reactions: vesuvius13
That requires a ton of speculation. Would Allen want to coach under Kiffin ?, Would Kiffin want Allen or would he want to bring in his own people ? Would Kiffin be interested in the 4-2-5 or would he prefer a different defense, etc. Hell, we don't know that Kiffin would have even accepted the job at IU. To me, this dream scenario that you have envisioned Fred should have put together isn't worth speculating on, let alone fabricating some illusion that Glass missed a surefire opportunity to catapult IU to the top of college football. It reminds me of the guys on the basketball side who remain convinced that Brad Stevens would have chosen IU over the Celtics if we'd only been smart enough to pursue him.
Speculation is what makes this message board go 'round. My main point was that Glass did IU and its' fans a great disservice by having no outside contact for possible replacements. The "cheap" and "IU" way were on full display. It cost us two no-doubt bowl seasons for a yes man to learn on the job and go through necessary growing pains while we watched someone like Kiffin who can win in year 1 no matter where he went.

Speculation is what makes this message board go 'round. My main point was that Glass did IU and its' fans a great disservice by having no outside contact for possible replacements. The "cheap" and "IU" way were on full display. It cost us two no-doubt bowl seasons for a yes man to learn on the job and go through necessary growing pains while we watched someone like Kiffin who can win in year 1 no matter where he went.
Kiffin had a losing record in the regular season. Under ordinary circumstances his team doesn't even qualify for a bowl. The fact that his team beat us in one bowl game doesn't automatically mean that he's a superior coach who would have greater success at IU. That is some serious extrapolation.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Kiffin had a losing record in the regular season. Under ordinary circumstances his team doesn't even qualify for a bowl. The fact that his team beat us in one bowl game doesn't automatically mean that he's a superior coach who would have greater success at IU. That is some serious extrapolation.
Let's put it this way. Kiffin is and was way more ready to be a head coach and have instant results. There's really no debating that. You're conveniently forgetting Ole Miss was without at least three main contributors on offense the last couple of games to protect draft status and/or covid issues. They also play in the SEC West which is much more difficult to achieve a winning record. Say this out loud to yourself......he beat our best team in decades in his first year at Ole Miss with a losing record but wouldn't do better here if given a chance. That's totally insane if not stupid.

We just spent a good chunk of the season in the top 10 for the first time in 50 years, and you’re whining about a coaching search? Good Lord.

Let's put it this way. Kiffin is and was way more ready to be a head coach and have instant results. There's really no debating that. You're conveniently forgetting Ole Miss was without at least three main contributors on offense the last couple of games to protect draft status and/or covid issues. They also play in the SEC West which is much more difficult to achieve a winning record. Say this out loud to yourself......he beat our best team in decades in his first year at Ole Miss with a losing record but wouldn't do better here if given a chance. That's totally insane if not stupid.
Are you related to Kiffin or something?

He’s either related or has a man crush on him. I think he has reminded us about the Kiffin recommendation 25 times.

CTA wants to be here. Guys like Kiffin would bolt to the next job quickly. Look at his track record.
Exactly. If Lane Kiffin had been here last year and won 8 games and taken us to the Gator Bowl, he would have still been coaching in the SEC this year.

I have a friend who is a nurse at IU Health in Bloomington who had covid and who also just got the vaccine yesterday. I asked her why she had to get the vax after already having it. She said you could get it again.

I don't know if that's truth or just precaution.
Saban at Alabama got covid-19 twice.

Reactions: red hornet
We just spent a good chunk of the season in the top 10 for the first time in 50 years, and you’re whining about a coaching search? Good Lord.
You're a lap dog to the university. Not a big deal unless you like the status quo. Some of us expect more than whatever you're willing to settle for.
Are you related to Kiffin or something?
Are you related to Glass? There's a reason he's not around anymore.
He’s either related or has a man crush on him. I think he has reminded us about the Kiffin recommendation 25 times.

CTA wants to be here. Guys like Kiffin would bolt to the next job quickly. Look at his track record.
The only people with a man crush are the Allen backers. You have no idea how long he will stay. Some of us wanted the best hire possible, but that never had a chance. The notion that Allen will stay here forever is a pipe dream. It may or may not work out, but don't forget he's never lasted long at any school.
Exactly. If Lane Kiffin had been here last year and won 8 games and taken us to the Gator Bowl, he would have still been coaching in the SEC this year.
All of which means he's a better coach. He's 3-0 in the last 4 years of bowls games. But hey, IU never passes over better coaches do they?

ADVERTISEMENT