ADVERTISEMENT

Families of Sandy Hook victims reach $73 million settlement with Remington

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001

I wasn't aware that Remington went bankrupt in 2020. The 73M comes from their insurers.

Thousands of pages of internal Remington company documents can also now be made public, according to Koskoff's law firm.

"This victory should serve as a wake up call not only to the gun industry, but also the insurance and banking companies that prop it up," Koskoff said. "For the gun industry, it's time to stop recklessly marketing all guns to all people for all uses and instead ask how marketing can lower risk rather than court it. For the insurance and banking industries, it's time to recognize the financial cost of underwriting companies that elevate profit by escalating risk. Our hope is that this victory will be the first boulder in the avalanche that forces that change."

I wasn't aware that Remington went bankrupt in 2020. The 73M comes from their insurers.

Thousands of pages of internal Remington company documents can also now be made public, according to Koskoff's law firm.

"This victory should serve as a wake up call not only to the gun industry, but also the insurance and banking companies that prop it up," Koskoff said. "For the gun industry, it's time to stop recklessly marketing all guns to all people for all uses and instead ask how marketing can lower risk rather than court it. For the insurance and banking industries, it's time to recognize the financial cost of underwriting companies that elevate profit by escalating risk. Our hope is that this victory will be the first boulder in the avalanche that forces that change."
It's always marketing. You'd think they'd learn

God bless those families I'm sure no amount of money will ever ease their pain, but if guns and assault rifles are legal, how can Remmington control what some whack job does with its product

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Bankrupt all the gun companies so they can’t afford to be in Business! That will get guns off the street!

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
God bless those families I'm sure no amount of money will ever ease their pain, but if guns and assault rifles are legal, how can Remmington control what some whack job does with its product
Slap a sticker on it that says "don't buy this if you are a nutjob"

and then make them sign a paper saying " I am not a nutjob, and if I turn into a nutty DANC, I agree that it's my own fault"

and then make them sign a paper saying " I am not a nutjob, and if I turn into a nutty DANC, I agree that it's my own fault"
Hyperbole but has COH has consistently said, if the gun companies can be sued like this and hit with financial implications, they will get involved in who owns their product (at least the initial sale). Probably have more balls than Congress on this.

I mean, shouldn't we start with anyone with a diagnosed mental health condition, like Lanza?

I guess you forgot, but he started the day by killing his mother.

giphy.gif

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Weapons are evil and the good that went bankrupt can now become one more life. Until recently, I invested my money in this company. When the company went bankrupt, I was forced to look for a new way ICOholder of earning. Thus, my fortune began to grow rapidly. I consider it a more reliable type of investment than shares

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT