ADVERTISEMENT

Fall ball player numbers

jmbennett

Recruit
Sep 16, 2016
Enjoyed watching the boys play this weekend, but so many new comers! Would like input on players numbers. If you know them.... please post.

Basically what the new guys have been wearing in the scrimmages. Figured out Dunham was 21, think Sommer was 18??

Also Kade wore 6 last year, and I believe someone was batting wearing that number, so assuming a number switch.

Litwicki, Walker, Kaletha, Cross, Manous?

Anything would help, just trying to put some numbers to their names!

Basically what the new guys have been wearing in the scrimmages. Figured out Dunham was 21, think Sommer was 18??

Also Kade wore 6 last year, and I believe someone was batting wearing that number, so assuming a number switch.

Litwicki, Walker, Kaletha, Cross, Manous?

Anything would help, just trying to put some numbers to their names!
Off the top of my head, Walker (10) Kaletha (11) Cross (33), can't remember the others

Reactions: CF77 and jmbennett
#43 gavin napier
#25 tommy sommer
#41 drew ashley
#2 cole barr
Just to clarify for you

#31 Drew Ashley
#41 Caleb Balgaard
#19 Tommy Sommer
#4 Cade Bunnell
#39 Sam Crail
#20 Brad Bulsard (SP)

Napier and Barr are correct.

Also, as I've stated here, IU doesn't put out rosters in the fall. Some of these kids may not be here come February.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmbennett and CF77
Also, as I've stated here, IU doesn't put out rosters in the fall. Some of these kids may not be here come February.

I don't get it.....so they don't put the rosters in the fall, because they might not be here in Feb? Uh, put them up now and adjust it in Feb. This isn't rocket science, it's a simple, single web page. I feel like they don't want people to follow IU baseball and get excited for it.

Reactions: jmbennett
I don't get it.....so they don't put the rosters in the fall, because they might not be here in Feb? Uh, put them up now and adjust it in Feb. This isn't rocket science, it's a simple, single web page. I feel like they don't want people to follow IU baseball and get excited for it.

I want to give a shout out to snowling for the job he does on the IU baseball and soccer forums, but I agree with you and feel rather let down on the baseball front by the IU athletic administration. This is surprising given the effort they've made to upgrade the facilities and staff. Things like providing timely, basic information is low hanging fruit.

Thanks again Lew! That's a big help.

And I am aware that some won't be around... but it would be nice if they (@indianabase) at least sent out a tweet with that info.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowling

I did not state that’s the main reason, albeit it’s a good reason. These kids and their parents have a right to privacy for the reason they leave the program, whether that be before, during, or after the season. The roster currently has 43 kids, and must be down to 35 by February. So in essence, these kids are competing for a roster spot, and it’s not an official roster. A lot can happen between now and February.

End Rant

Last edited:
Referring to the 'original' post Lew... no reason to apologize.! Many of us aren't privy to that kinda info, due to the lack of coverage/ support from the university. But we want to know! There is a hunger for IU baseball, thus being in the top 25 in attendance the last few years... And it becoming a top revenue sport. Unheard of .... big ten baseball making money?!?
Thanks for your perspective and insight! And I'm not just speaking for myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowling
I did not state that’s the main reason, albeit it’s a good reason. These kids and their parents have a right to privacy for the reason they leave the program, whether that be before, during, or after the season. The roster currently has 43 kids, and must be down to 35 by February. So in essence, these kids are competing for a roster spot, and it’s not an official roster. A lot can happen between now and February.

End Rant
Idk, I just don't see it as a big deal to put up a roster for the fall. It's really no comparison to getting a new scoreboard - deserved or not. It would literally take a tech kid 3 minutes to put the fall roster up. And I would bet even the kids that won't be around in the spring would love to see their name up on a roster. Perhaps not, idk. And I'm not asking anyone to invade the privacy of those kids and state why they are gone. Might was well not give the kids numbers at all on their jerseys in the fall, if that is so important.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, I went to Vanderbilt's site and they have a 2018 roster listed - over the 35. And fall stories linked, as well.

Vandy's roster

Yes, I know we are not a perennial top 5 team like they are but I really don't see how difficult it would be to give the same kind of info and better market IU baseball. (Maybe if they did, they could generate money for that new scoreboard.) I'm not trying to be a pain in the a$$....I'm just a big fan and wish I could get as much info on the program as football or basketball. Or even half of the amount of info.

Just out of curiosity, I went to Vanderbilt's site and they have a 2018 roster listed - over the 35. And fall stories linked, as well.

Vandy's roster

Yes, I know we are not a perennial top 5 team like they are but I really don't see how difficult it would be to give the same kind of info and better market IU baseball. (Maybe if they did, they could generate money for that new scoreboard.) I'm not trying to be a pain in the a$$....I'm just a big fan and wish I could get as much info on the program as football or basketball. Or even half of the amount of info.
If it’s such a concern, email Greg Kincaid and and state your opinion to him. grkincai@indiana.edu

Referring to the 'original' post Lew... no reason to apologize.! Many of us aren't privy to that kinda info, due to the lack of coverage/ support from the university. But we want to know! There is a hunger for IU baseball, thus being in the top 25 in attendance the last few years... And it becoming a top revenue sport. Unheard of .... big ten baseball making money?!?
Thanks for your perspective and insight! And I'm not just speaking for myself.
I shouldnt generalize as much.

Last edited:
Lew you're my favorite poster on this forum. Thanks for your valuable insight. If I remember correctly you played for IU.
FYI - I have a freshman son in Alabama who is a baseball guy. Still growing, throws low 80's already (legit), plays third primarily but can pitch and play anywhere but catcher. Hits well. Plays travel ball a little but takes time off too. Currently training with former South Alabama pitching coach. Loves it

I only mention it because I've been experiencing baseball as a parent since Cal Ripken Allstars. It's because of this experience that I've come to value your comments as an insider more than I would if my son wasn't playing.

Please keep it up and thanks again for the insight.
Respectfully,

44 Beauchamp
20 Busald
25 Cheshareck
37 Eaton
9 Herrin
40 Hobbie
13 Krueger
6 Kryzsko
35 Litwicki
16 Long
27 Manous
15 Milto
18 Miller
24 Petrosino
12 Sabol
23 Saalfrank
42 Sloan
19 Sommer
34 Stiever
33 Cross
29 Fineman
43 Napier
38 Skrine
31 Ashley
41 Balgaard
2 Barr
4 Bunnell
30 Bradley
1 Houston
28 Loeffler
14 Lloyd
8 Miller
36 Stratten
10 Walker
39 Crail
21 Dunham
17 Eustace
7 Gorski
11 Kaletha
26 Lowe
51 Sowers
32 Van Pelt

Wow! Thanks IUBBFAN01! We've been trying to piece it together.... But missed a few. 18 miller?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT