ADVERTISEMENT

F1: 2021/22 Season

Let the shithousery begin. Title chase looks real and now we have summer break coming to further refine the cars one last time. RB look nervous

Let the shithousery begin. Title chase looks real and now we have summer break coming to further refine the cars one last time. RB look nervous

Looks like it's about to shift from a Max runaway to advantage Lewis. Unless something unfortunate happens, it seem unlikely Max can win this one, especially starting on the soft tires. So Lewis looks likely to even the points race up at minimum. Or if Bottas does his job Lewis can take the lead.

Two weeks ago it seemed like it was all over. Now it seems like it's back to practically an assured #8 for Hamilton.

Looks like it's about to shift from a Max runaway to advantage Lewis. Unless something unfortunate happens, it seem unlikely Max can win this one, especially starting on the soft tires. So Lewis looks likely to even the points race up at minimum. Or if Bottas does his job Lewis can take the lead.

Two weeks ago it seemed like it was all over. Now it seems like it's back to practically an assured #8 for Hamilton.

Zee Chermans!!

You can see the writing on the wall already. Red Bull is toast. When Bottas out qualifies Max you know the Merc has made significant strides.

Reactions: Hank Reardon
You can see the writing on the wall already. Red Bull is toast. When Bottas out qualifies Max you know the Merc has made significant strides.
Max to take out Lewis ... based on how Max reacted to the questions in the press conference on Thursday.

Max to take out Lewis ... based on how Max reacted to the questions in the press conference on Thursday.

Max has to get close to him first. Looks like it might be wet. If it starts in the rain that helps Red Bull a little with the tire situation, but if there's a rolling start I'm not sure Max will ever see Lewis in this race.

Yuki is starting 5th on this restart. I could see a lockup into T-1. Or tell Gasly he earns that 2nd seat back with a lockup.

Yuki is starting 5th on this restart. I could see a lockup into T-1. Or tell Gasly he earns that 2nd seat back with a lockup.

Its been a crazy season so far typified by this race.
I mean we had Sainz on 19th or 20th at the start and now 4th?
Rain, greasy surface and multiple crashes -- now it's almost bone dry within a red flag stop.

Merc doing it for ratings. 😄 HAM probably would’ve lapped the field. Now he can win and pass everyone. Make it a little dramatic.

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
If Lewis pits again I’m not sure how he can win. But he’s shredding his hards right now. I’m kinda thinking it’s an Ocon Seb fight for the win.

The real goat there was Stroll. My man Leclerc would have breezed to P2 on the start there had Stroll not been such a douche. 17 laps to go. I feel like Lewis is still going to end up on the podium. Hell, he might still win.

Hahahah. After watching Ocon run down the pit lane I can see why he’s a race car driver.

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
Alonso got Alpine that win in the end, but the pit crew kept Ocon ahead and Ocon didn’t put a wheel wrong all day. Total team effort for a mid picker to win and they did flawless.

Reactions: larsIU
Sounds like Seb might be DQ’d. Car was under-fueled. Requirement of 1 liter for post race testing and they can only produce 1/3 of a liter.

Pretty sure F1 race control took a pole from Lando. What a farce.
How bout George!! Driving with the confidence of a guy who just got a Merc seat.

How long will he keep that Mercedes seat if he impedes Hamilton tomorrow. As great as this is for Russell, Toto can't really be pleased that George stuck that Williams in between Lewis and Max. I imagine he'll be even less pleased if George decides to get racey and hold Lewis up.

The #2 Mercedes driver's job is the get the F out of Lewis' way. Let's see if George is up for it.

I admit I was wrong. Russell held off Hamilton and finished P2. Well done George.

I admit I was wrong. Russell held off Hamilton and finished P2. Well done George.
Hmmm. So they ran the two laps just to get a classification. I bet there’s a clause somewhere that if the race is classified they do t have to refund sponsors or fans etc. But hey qualifying is still there for a reason.

Yep. Had to get everyone paid. I found it really ironic HAM was saying it’s all about the money when he himself is the highest paid person associated with F1. He could easily refund everyone.

Hmmm. So they ran the two laps just to get a classification. I bet there’s a clause somewhere that if the race is classified they do t have to refund sponsors or fans etc. But hey qualifying is still there for a reason.

Not fans. The FIA doesn't have anything to do with that. They are merely the sporting regulators. The fans are the responsibility of the promoters, and the language of the ticket sales contract apparently has verbiage that says no refunds in the event of cancellation due to weather. So the two laps make no difference there.

I was at the USGP in 2005 for the tire debacle race, and we did receive refunds there, but those came from Michelin, distributed by IMS. F1 had nothing to do with it. So I'm not sure Hamilton's rant is entirely on target here in so far as people getting paid. I'm not sure those laps make any difference. But I don't know all the ins and outs here

Hamilton does have a tendency to run his mouth a bit, sometimes absent all facts.

Reactions: larsIU
Hamilton really seems to be the last of the drivers who are completely out of touch with reality. Who knows, maybe Verstappen gets there someday, they all tend to. Even Alonso seems like a really cool, regular guy despite his status, and obviously Seb is.

Hamilton really seems to be the last of the drivers who are completely out of touch with reality. Who knows, maybe Verstappen gets there someday, they all tend to. Even Alonso seems like a really cool, regular guy despite his status, and obviously Seb is.
Hamilton is a brand at this point. I don't find it offensive but it feels very "Prince-like".

It's hard to know what these guys are really like. But yeah, if you were to rank them in order of "drivers who you might find yourself randomly having a beer with," I don't think Hamilton would even be on the list. He's in another world from the rest of us. Whether that's good or bad is up to anyone to decide for themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT