ADVERTISEMENT

Excellent essay by Kyle Korver

For all those who seem to claim to be religious or Christians, a basic tenent that always seems to be forgotten: Learn to walk a mile in someone else's shoes.

Bottom line is that its a country, stolen or at least colonised off the hands of the native Americans; built on the backs of slavery and the exploitation of other minorities over its history. All of it has been whitewashed or swept all that under the carpet or at worse rationalised. Though this isn't something new -- from Brazil to Australia.

I was watching a documentary about the 'injustices' (a euphemism is there ever was one) during the process of colonisation and genocide of the Native Americans over the centuries -- including by the folks on Mount Rushmore. Everything's been whitewashed.

People just don't want to hear any of it. Its never been addressed. Thus the lack of self-awareness or empathy. All have been justified somehow. And then people wonder why there are some subconscious reactions to acts of racism.
Guilt.
It’s been addressed in numerous ways. Affirmative action, federal housing grants, college scholarships, the Office of Minority Health, numerous urban initiatives, etc, etc. Heck, the SCOTUS ruled today that half of Oklahoma is Indian land.

Should we strive to do more? Sure, depending on what’s involved.

But it’s just not accurate to say it’s never been addressed.

Reactions: jet812
Been addressed? How are the Native Americans and the Blacks doing since its all been 'addressed'? They seem to suffer the most from hurricanes to pandemics unless that's what you call addressing it. There is a sub-humanisation of non-whites and thus the desensitisation of the plight of minorities.
A black person is more like to die from this pandemic than a white. And yet where is the outrage?
Why are black people more likely to die, genetics? Unlikely, probably lack of health care due to poverty. If that’s the case, then let’s frame the discussion in that manner & people should be having discussions about poverty and health care in America instead of yelling at clouds about racism. Someone will undoubtedly point out all of the failures of Republicans in those topics, but there is some interesting discussions on how LBJ’s Great Society programs have contributed to the current inner city conditions. I love the message people like Obama, Denzel Washington, Candace Owens are sharing about the lack of fathers in black households & it’s effect on children. That addresses an actual root cause rather than all of the symptoms people are screaming about. I’ve asked a few times but never gotten a straight answer as to why racism is directed more at blacks than other groups?

...acts of racism from my perspective are the exceptions.

I wish that this were the case.

Consider life experiences of a world-renowned astrophysicist, one of the brightest and best minds in the world.

"I hardly ever think about the color of my skin. It never comes up when contemplating the cosmos. Yet when I exit my front door, I’m a crime suspect."

"In this parade of automotive stop-and-frisks, one thing was for sure, the stories were not singular, novel moments playfully recounted. They were common, recurring episodes. How could this assembly of highly educated scientists, each in possession of the PhD—the highest academic degree in the land—be so vulnerable to police inquiry in their lives? Maybe the police cued on something else. Maybe it was the color of our skin. The conference I had been attending was the 23rd meeting of the National Society of Black Physicists."

"The rate of abuse? Between one and five skin-color-instigated incidents per week, for every week of my life."

https://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/commentary/2020-06-03-reflections-on-color-of-my-skin.php

I wish that this were the case.

Consider life experiences of a world-renowned astrophysicist, one of the brightest and best minds in the world.

"I hardly ever think about the color of my skin. It never comes up when contemplating the cosmos. Yet when I exit my front door, I’m a crime suspect."

"In this parade of automotive stop-and-frisks, one thing was for sure, the stories were not singular, novel moments playfully recounted. They were common, recurring episodes. How could this assembly of highly educated scientists, each in possession of the PhD—the highest academic degree in the land—be so vulnerable to police inquiry in their lives? Maybe the police cued on something else. Maybe it was the color of our skin. The conference I had been attending was the 23rd meeting of the National Society of Black Physicists."

"The rate of abuse? Between one and five skin-color-instigated incidents per week, for every week of my life."

https://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/commentary/2020-06-03-reflections-on-color-of-my-skin.php
And I can post videos of Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Lil’ Wayne, Candace Owens, & others saying they have not. To be clear, I am not claiming it doesn’t ever happen, but there is a distinct difference between a small percentage of the population behaving as cretins & a system built to treat blacks as less than whites...

Reactions: ulrey
And I can post videos of Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Lil’ Wayne, Candace Owens, & others saying they have not. To be clear, I am not claiming it doesn’t ever happen, but there is a distinct difference between a small percentage of the population behaving as cretins & a system built to treat blacks as less than whites...

You need a little education...jus' sayin'.

Reactions: outside shooter
You need a little education...jus' sayin'.
Well, let’s hear it then. We could all use some educatin’. The problem is those that think they don’t or that they are equipped to dole it out. So let’s see if you’re going to educate, or just present an opinion that differs from mine...

Well, let’s hear it then. We could all use some educatin’. The problem is those that think they don’t or that they are equipped to dole it out. So let’s see if you’re going to educate, or just present an opinion that differs from mine...

I have a feeling you couldn’t afford me. Try Google. And STFU.

I have a feeling you couldn’t afford me. Try Google. And STFU.
Perhaps you can educate me on what material I should purvey to become educated like you. Or you can continue to run your mouth & look a fool. If anyone here needs to put up or STFU it’s you.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Pretty sure the Morgan Freeman and Denzel ones are fake. Not sure about Lil Wayne. Candace Owens? She’s making a lot of money now that she’s changed everything she ever stood for before.

Pretty sure the Morgan Freeman and Denzel ones are fake. Not sure about Lil Wayne. Candace Owens? She’s making a lot of money now that she’s changed everything she ever stood for before.
Of course they are...
And only the people that agree with you are genuine. Got it...

Also, if anyone knows CircleJoe please let him know I’m still waiting for my education.

Last edited:
thanks, very interesting material, I really like this type of work, because everything in them is short, informative and understandable, if necessary, you can easily find the term or name of something you need at any time, but writing such works is not very easy, because you need to have large volumes information, so I recommend https://edusson.com/research-paper-writing-service a resource tested by my own experience with a review on research paper writing service from professionals, go and make a choice of the best performers in this area, these rating guys are always they help me a lot, thanks to them I get high marks.

Last edited:
I don’t understand this:

But in many ways the more dangerous form of racism isn’t that loud and stupid kind. It isn’t the kind that announces itself when it walks into the arena. It’s the quiet and subtle kind. The kind that almost hides itself in plain view. It’s the person who does and says all the “right” things in public: They’re perfectly friendly when they meet a person of color. They’re very polite. But in private? Well….. they sort of wish that everyone would stop making everything “about race” all the time.​
It’s the kind of racism that can seem almost invisible — which is one of the main reasons why it’s allowed to persist.​
Does Korver really describe racism here? If it’s invisible as he suggests, I don’t think it can be racism. Racism is a behavior, not a hidden invisible thought.

Reactions: Jeannette D. Musser
The situation is, of course, terrible, and I cannot say that this is something unusual in our time, on the contrary, such situations are becoming more and more commonplace and ordinary, which, of course, cannot but frighten. Racism can be encountered everywhere, even when choosing an essay writing service. When we wanted to buy college research papers for our son, we turned to different services for help, but we noticed that prices differ after you choose a nationality. Can you imagine that? Of course, we wouldn't buy papers in such services for anything, but there is always something good, in the Paperell service everything is done for people, the prices are the same for everyone, as well as the attitude in general.
Hope we can end this racism soon, once and for all!
What is going on here?

• Haha
The situation is, of course, terrible, and I cannot say that this is something unusual in our time, on the contrary, such situations are becoming more and more commonplace and ordinary, which, of course, cannot but frighten. Racism can be encountered everywhere, even when choosing an essay writing service. When we wanted to buy college research papers for our son, we turned to different services for help, but we noticed that prices differ after you choose a nationality. Can you imagine that? Of course, we wouldn't buy papers in such services for anything, but there is always something good, in the Paperell service everything is done for people, the prices are the same for everyone, as well as the attitude in general.
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
  • Angry
Biden's America

ADVERTISEMENT