ADVERTISEMENT

Excellence Academy now 50% complete...

The skeleton of the new jumbotron is going up now.

bfq7ar.jpg

Reactions: MrBing and CC Mac
I've got to believe that board alone will be a nice recruiting tool. I can see some flashy footage of the kid being recruited blasting up there as the coaches walk him out to midfield on his official visit.

Reactions: RBB89
I've got to believe that board alone will be a nice recruiting tool. I can see some flashy footage of the kid being recruited blasting up there as the coaches walk him out to midfield on his official visit.
That is a big scoreboard,Penix will look huge flashed on that thing!

Last edited:

Hell, the one they took out is nicer than most among power five schools. This place is really going to be nice.

These are a few weeks old, because the scoreboard structure that is now up is visibly absent in these pictures, but they’re different angles so I thought I would share:

2zpqlw8.jpg

2mwebd2.jpg

w7hq8j.jpg

That entrance to the SEZ is an architectural home run. The glass sides with the dividers adds a great modern touch to that late Victorian/gothic style. The design also meshes with what you see on the south side of Simon Skodjt:

59223c4b35d5f.image.jpg

IU_AH_1.png
I want to know how long it took you to remember how to spell Skodjt? :)

Reactions: mk23 and RBB89
Here's our future recruiting edge right here.

This tells everyone we are finally serious about Football at INDIANA

Reactions: MrBing
Now if we could just get the state outline centered we'd really be onto something ;)

Now if we could just get the state outline centered we'd really be onto something ;)
Ha! I think that’s more to do with the “weight” of the state logo vs actual centering probably but then again we flipped Bball benches and televised a whole season with an upside down logo at one time...

Reactions: RBB89
Here's our future recruiting edge right here.

This tells everyone we are finally serious about Football at INDIANA

So you are saying in maybe five years we might have a better program? Can’t wait. Of course, as long as we hire coaches on the cheap and because of their Indiana ties we won’t win squat.

So you are saying in maybe five years we might have a better program? Can’t wait. Of course, as long as we hire coaches on the cheap and because of their Indiana ties we won’t win squat.

Ok, you're going on ignore gradman...

Last edited:
No one said that. We were four points away from going to another bowl. Chill. Need to fix the offensive line.

Seriously, where did the five years thing come from?

The NEZ really turned things around, didn’t it? We went from 3 to 5 wins a year consistently!

I realize it's a crap off-season after having given up the Bucket but wow.., some of these guys act like the world is coming to an end when a first year head coach has struggled a bit in his first go around in the East Division while counting on primarily someone else's recruits.

Take a breath, count to Ten..., do whatever it takes to collect your wits and realize that most of the indicators are pointing up, not down for INDIANA FOOTBALL...

Ok, you're going on ignore gradman...

Same here. I try to do a bit of research before taking that action. I scroll back through their posts to see if maybe there's just something I'm missing which would indicate they actually have something constructive to add from time to time. What I found in this case seems an unending stream of negativity towards IU's programs and coaches and giving excessive aid and comfort to Purdue.

I don't want to live in an echo chamber. It's not healthy, but I don't have time for mindless trolling either.

The Cream/Crimson game this Spring will be must see.......both for the 4 man QB competition and to see what the SEZ will look like. I realize it won't be 100% done by then, but we'll have a good idea of what it will look like when done.

They ought to try playing the Spring Game on a Saturday and couple it with a Taste of Bloomington AND a Brewery Tasting going on in the adjacent parking lots...

Have some sort of freebie for fans who get there tickets punched at least 15 minutes prior to game start (I'm guessing there won't be Kick-offs to mitigate injuries), and 15 min after games end... T-shirts, small footballs, plastic mugs, maybe all of the above plus some 1/2 off coupons to participating restaurants...

That might just fill the stands...and while you might not need full stands at the Spring Game to bolster recruiting..., it sure wouldn't hurt...

The Cream/Crimson game this Spring will be must see.......both for the 4 man QB competition and to see what the SEZ will look like. I realize it won't be 100% done by then, but we'll have a good idea of what it will look like when done.
Agree.

They ought to try playing the Spring Game on a Saturday and couple it with a Taste of Bloomington AND a Brewery Tasting going on in the adjacent parking lots...

Have some sort of freebie for fans who get there tickets punched at least 15 minutes prior to game start (I'm guessing there won't be Kick-offs to mitigate injuries), and 15 min after games end... T-shirts, small footballs, plastic mugs, maybe all of the above plus some 1/2 off coupons to participating restaurants...

That might just fill the stands...and while you might not need full stands at the Spring Game to bolster recruiting..., it sure wouldn't hurt...

They absolutely ought to do whatever they can to get more people in the stands for this game,,,,,esp. coming off a disappointing year. They did some of this stuff this Spring, and it was effective. Need more, need some urgency. Case in point---no band or even pep band participation this past C/C game---shows we're not serious

Reactions: RBB89 and 76-1

They absolutely ought to do whatever they can to get more people in the stands for this game,,,,,esp. coming off a disappointing year. They did some of this stuff this Spring, and it was effective. Need more, need some urgency.
Pretty sure this year’s spring game will be back on Saturday. I think they were just trying something different because the season opener was on a Thursday. Looking forward to it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT