ADVERTISEMENT

Evidently, NC State got smart

"I guess you could say it’s a little complicated at both Indiana and NC State right now."

REALLY? What the hell is so complicated about it? He has been ample time, resources and money but has come up woefully short of the Glass stated goals of the program.

The only difference at this point is NC State was proactive enough to fire their coach so now we will see whether IU will follow suit and do what is necessary to fulfill those stated goals because my 6 year old granddaughter can see that Crean is not the answer.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
"Indiana has a bit of an awkward/unusual situation on its hands with Crean’s status, as well"

I don't understand this statement. What is so awkward or unusual about it? Coaches get fired all the time. Why is Crean so special that he's seemingly untouchable unless he finds himself some suitable (to him) alternative employment. The tail must really be wagging the dog at IU.

Crean was never headed to NC State, or any other ACC school...even the bottom half of the league has to be competitive. He won't be a head coach at a Power 5 school...he will either be an assistant or a mid major coach....where he rightfully belongs...And that is if, and only if, IU decides that basketball is a priority. We don't know that.

"I guess you could say it’s a little complicated at both Indiana and NC State right now."

REALLY? What the hell is so complicated about it? He has been ample time, resources and money but has come up woefully short of the Glass stated goals of the program.

The only difference at this point is NC State was proactive enough to fire their coach so now we will see whether IU will follow suit and do what is necessary to fulfill those stated goals because my 6 year old granddaughter can see that Crean is not the answer.

I would rephrase your post to the following..

"He has had ample time, resources and money but has come up woefully short of what should be expected of a program that is in the upper half of the Big10, not to mention a program that has historically been the B10s best."

The Glass "stated goals" are meaningless. That's what anyone in his position would say. I, personally, don't have any confidence that Indiana University, and Glass, share anything close to my idea of what IU basketball should be. And nothing that they say, or have said, will change that. Only action will.

Call me cynical, but I just cannot get past the Sampson hire. The action that they took spoke volumes. And the words they used (saying what he did at OK could never happen at IU), has led me to a place where I cannot trust what they say.

Call me cynical, but I just cannot get past the Sampson hire. The action that they took spoke volumes. And the words they used (saying what he did at OK could never happen at IU), has led me to a place where I cannot trust what they say.
None of those involved in that decision remain.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
State was smart, fire him when you determine he's not the right guy and preclude any mixed feelings should a miraculous end of season or conference tourney run happen. That would be so Crean: to get in the tourney by winning our first Conference Tourney title and dooming us to additional year(s) of dumb bball. I'm confident this team can't do it, but I was even more confident Trump had no shot at the White House.

Last edited:
State was smart, fire him when you determine he's not the right guy and preclude any mixed feelings should a miraculous end of season or conference tourney run happen. That would be so Crean: to get in the tourney by winning our first Conference Tourney title and dooming us to additional year(s) of dumb bball. I'm confident this team can't do it, but I was even more confident Trump had not shot at the White House.

Crean leading the team to a tourney title won't pop-up on my scope, no chance that happens. He's lost the team with no hope of getting them back.

State was smart, fire him when you determine he's not the right guy and preclude any mixed feelings should a miraculous end of season or conference tourney run happen. That would be so Crean: to get in the tourney by winning our first Conference Tourney title and dooming us to additional year(s) of dumb bball. I'm confident this team can't do it, but I was even more confident Trump had no shot at the White House.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT