ADVERTISEMENT

Even though I didn't putt well today, I still won the championship match of

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
our club's second flight. I beat my opponent 3 & 1. I was two-up on him going into the 17th hole and I parred it while he bogeyed it. The 18th hole didn't count, but we still played it.

our club's second flight. I beat my opponent 3 & 1. I was two-up on him going into the 17th hole and I parred it while he bogeyed it. The 18th hole didn't count, but we still played it.
Sounds like the new driver must have added a little to your game!

Sounds like the new driver must have added a little to your game!

That's just what I told two of our assistant pros after my round today. The new driver is making a huge difference! Normally, I have to hit an 8-iron for my second shot on the 16th hole. Even though it was against the wind, I was able to hit a wedge for my second shot on that hole today. In other words, I'm probably hitting my drives 20 yards longer thanks to the TaylorMade M3.

Reactions: cryano
tenor.gif

Sounds like you upended that old golf adage "drive for show, putt for dough." Congratulations on your win!

Sounds like you upended that old golf adage "drive for show, putt for dough." Congratulations on your win!

Thank you very much! If you don't hit a decent drive on a par 4 or par 5 hole, you don't have as good of a chance to make a par or better. You can still two-putt from 10 feet and still get a par or birdie on a hole, though. In my opinion shots from the driver, fairway woods, hybrids and irons all are more important than putts.

Reactions: birdforbogey

Did you place a wager on the 18th?

Great job McNutt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT