ADVERTISEMENT

Even if we won 6, we might have not gone bowling - Ill might be left out

ok now

Junior
Dec 11, 2010
The big 10 informed its schools, it might have a member left out. Illinois appears to maybe be that team.
We would have been the same way if we went bowling based on our lack of fan support for the team

That would have been a very special......

kick in the teeth.....wow..

Ask the Insight Bowl who sold the most tickets out of 4 teams playing in

Phoenix that weekend. It was IU. And Oklahoma was one of the 4 teams.

It wouldn't be fan support that keeps IU out of a bowl game. We've turned out very well in the past.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You have to get the invite first

and basing that one one game in a 20 year stretch is, well, a stretch. I think we would travel well to a bowl game but, when the invite is linked to support, most reasonable people would assume that fans that can't be bothered to walk a hundred yards from the parking lot to the stadium aren't going to bother to travel a thousand miles or more to a game.

Isn't that just based on the B10 automatic ties ins?

There's always a chance Illinois would get scooped up by another non-traditional B10 bowl.

If you're a B10 team and go 6-6, I think you'll get invited to something.

Walking into Sun Devil Stadium on New Years' Eve was

a treat...there were a ton of IU Crimson in the stands....

Walking out sucked, because the team stank out the place that night.

Re: Walking into Sun Devil Stadium on New Years' Eve was

Agreed. The start of the game was fun, too. I remember the fake FG especially. I leaned over to my wife and said "something's up...Kellen Lewis isn't our usual holder."

Then it quickly became obvious that OSU was a much better, faster, bigger team than IU.

Did you make the party the night before the game at the Mexican

Restaurant just off campus? Colts game on TV, the place was packed...I think I was one of the last ten people out of that place.
Jarad, from the Subway commercials was in the house...I know him from Zionsville so we talked....the guy is/was an absolute babe magnet (is that term still in use)..Jane Hoeppner was signing books...AT was in the house...it was a great, fun night for Hoosiers..

Yep

We still have our 'Play 13' shirts from that night.

We did most of the events. The pep rally/walk the next day was fun. We tailgated most of the day, taking breaks to walk into downtown Tempe a couple times. We headed to the big NYE thing afterwards and watched the guys jumping motorcycles and say a bit of Barenaked Ladies' set.

Somewhere along the way it dawned on me ... bowl games are really not about the game at all.

Re: You have to get the invite first

They would travel 1000 miles and tailgate next to the stadium. Tradition is tradition...

not this year. More teams that automatics both for B10 and for all

This will hinge on Oh St and MSU and the bids they get

I was there..

fun weekend... anyone else go check out "The Library" I think it is now closed...

Re: I was there..

It would also depend on how the teams in the other power conferences have done.
If they have enough bowl eligible teams tp fill their slots then IL may be on the outside looking in which would be an absolute bummer for them.

Chatted with Ken Kaczmarek on the way into the restaurant

what a fun night. Everything leading up to the game was special. The pep rally in that park was awesome. The game……
SUCKED.

GO HOOSIERS!!!!

I saw a Chicago Tribune article on this.

It said that there were 80 schools bowl-eligible and 76 slots.

This post was edited on 12/5 7:21 PM by SRIV94

Going 6-6

doesn't deserve a bowl. Never has. A reward for being average? Just shows it's all about the money. And with the guaranteeof buying "x" number of tickets, some schools lose money on the deal.

Not an Illini fan at all but if they are left out over Penn St...

what a big mistake. First off Illinois beat them this year on the field. Secondly...Penn St shouldn't even be eligible for bowl consideration this year. I understand why a bowl would want Penn St (fans/$) but Delaney and company have to at least say this isn't right if it does happen.

Re: PSU much better names, better team, better fan base ,better ...

Illnois sucks ,bad coach , classless coach, no fan support

We averaged less in 2007 than this year.

But hey, be negative all you want. It's fashionable to bash IU fans and blame them for everything. I just pointed out how we turned out pretty damn well in our last bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT