ADVERTISEMENT

Evansville wins 10-8....

forces Game 3 tomorrow at 6pm. Fougerousse homered again today and went 3-5. I would love to see them move on.
Yes. The Vols had another three homers today but they were of the solo variety holding the score down. Yesterday, the two teams each had 9 hits, but 7 of the 9 hits by the Vols were for extra bases with three doubles and four homers in the game one Vols win. It's for a spot in Omaha tomorrow and I will be pulling for the Aces.

The Vols advanced to the CWS with a 12-1 win over the Aces. The Vols had 12 hits with 10 hits for extra bases to include 3 doubles and 7 homers. The Aces got their lone run in the 1st.

Added: Florida was one of the last four teams in the field along with IU and they finished the regular season one game over .500 and they had a losing SEC record. They got hot at the right time and advanced to the CWS by sweeping overall No. 3 seed Clemson, 2-0.

Last edited:
I wonder if Tennessee will be as effective out in the bigger ballpark in Omaha, or at least slow their HR machine down some. It seemed like every time they hit a fly ball it left the park in Knoxville.

I wonder if Tennessee will be as effective out in the bigger ballpark in Omaha, or at least slow their HR machine down some. It seemed like every time they hit a fly ball it left the park in Knoxville.
Yeah, that small park they have sure added to their power numbers. It's 390 to dead center there. They certainly have the power hitters going into Omaha, but maybe their numbers won't be so dominant, especially when the wind mostly blows in at that park.

Reactions: 82IU
When the Purple Aces suffered a bad loss under 5-time D2 Champion Coach Arad McCutchan,
the local paper would post a cartoon of a bruised and battered riverboat gambler in a crushed top-hat and tattered cards on the floor. I Couldn’t find any of those,

636076286638272403-Tiny-House.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT