ADVERTISEMENT

Evangelists

MtPeter04

Junior
Jun 16, 2007
are so annoying. I’m a catholic, but anyone that feels the need to covert others through preaching is annoying as hell. With my health issues, I’ve been through hell and back, but I don’t need Joel Osteen on tv telling me what I should believe...end short rant.

Reactions: IU40IU and kkott
Osteen's mega-home
tqQ2Wvd.jpg

Billy Graham's more modest digs:

house-2.jpg

are so annoying. I’m a catholic, but anyone that feels the need to covert others through preaching is annoying as hell. With my health issues, I’ve been through hell and back, but I don’t need Joel Osteen on tv telling me what I should believe...end short rant.
My problem with Osteen's preaching is that he does not preach the whole counsel of God. He sticks to the health and wealth teaching which is not accurate according to true biblical teaching. On the other hand I know why true evangelists of the Word preach to people to be saved. It's because they really believe what the Bible says is our main problem. We do not possess eternal life, and there is only one way to receive it. John 3:16 says we must believe in Jesus. This means we put our trust in Him by believing who He is (the only begotten Son of God means a unique relationship to the Father) and that He died on the Cross to make atonement (payment for sin which is justice) for our sins. You can see that if a person really believes this then they HAVE to tell others. Now they don't have to be a jerk about it. But they must tell others because they are compelled to do so.

Yeah but, Benny Hinn could "heal" you, maybe.;)

Once they hit the airwaves they should lose their tax exempt status. If they are doing this to lift man up filing a disclosure and paying some taxes wouldn't deter the true believer. Then again they might just be high flying grifters that have found a legal scam to enrich themselves. My guess is that the bulk of the Sunday morning asshats would be selling timeshares in Florida or used cars in the Midwest.

My problem with Osteen's preaching is that he does not preach the whole counsel of God. He sticks to the health and wealth teaching which is not accurate according to true biblical teaching. On the other hand I know why true evangelists of the Word preach to people to be saved. It's because they really believe what the Bible says is our main problem. We do not possess eternal life, and there is only one way to receive it. John 3:16 says we must believe in Jesus. This means we put our trust in Him by believing who He is (the only begotten Son of God means a unique relationship to the Father) and that He died on the Cross to make atonement (payment for sin which is justice) for our sins. You can see that if a person really believes this then they HAVE to tell others. Now they don't have to be a jerk about it. But they must tell others because they are compelled to do so.
I am NOT an Osteen fan. His preaching isn't biblical. It's feel good gospel. Sad that he's leading so many people away from the truth.

Here’s your problem as an evangelical. You wrote:

“if a person really believes this then they HAVE to tell others”

versus

“they don't have to be a jerk about it.”

Evangelicals used to knock on my door at 7:00 every Sunday morning inviting me to attend their church (because they were having a contest for “contacts”) even after I asked them to stop (until I moved). That’s just rude. They weren’t doing anything but acting superior.

And, how many times have people been lectured on a message board for writing “Jeez” or “Jesus Christ” as an expression? Evangelicals don’t own those words and, when they gripe about it, they look like the jerks you criticize in your post above. I suppose it’s OK if you want to do that but, if so, don’t ever make any reference whatsoever to turning the other cheek.

Turn the channel. We used to have a channel with a nun that seemed to be on 24/7. Maybe you would prefer her?

I listened to Hal Lindsay preach in California. That dude pissed me off in the first minute. I wonder if he is still alive? He guaranteed Jesus would return in his lifetime. I wanted him to drop dead so I could point out he was wrong..

Here’s your problem as an evangelical. You wrote:

“if a person really believes this then they HAVE to tell others”

versus

“they don't have to be a jerk about it.”

Evangelicals used to knock on my door at 7:00 every Sunday morning inviting me to attend their church (because they were having a contest for “contacts”) even after I asked them to stop (until I moved). That’s just rude. They weren’t doing anything but acting superior.

And, how many times have people been lectured on a message board for writing “Jeez” or “Jesus Christ” as an expression? Evangelicals don’t own those words and, when they gripe about it, they look like the jerks you criticize in your post above. I suppose it’s OK if you want to do that but, if so, don’t ever make any reference whatsoever to turning the other cheek.
Your experience with the 7am folks isn't what I was talking about. I am talking about true belief and the NEED to tell others. Look if you knew that a certain item caused cancer and your friends and family were using it wouldn't you tell them? You would NEED to tell them because of your concern. Now let's say you love your mother but others use her name as a cuss word. Wouldn't you be offended because of your love for her? True Christians really believe Jesus is their Savior, so if you use His name as a cuss word can't you understand WHY they are offended? I agree with you that people coming to your door at 7am is insensitive. But I also believe many unbelievers are insensitive towards Christian's love for Jesus as their Savior.

Your experience with the 7am folks isn't what I was talking about. I am talking about true belief and the NEED to tell others. Look if you knew that a certain item caused cancer and your friends and family were using it wouldn't you tell them? You would NEED to tell them because of your concern. Now let's say you love your mother but others use her name as a cuss word. Wouldn't you be offended because of your love for her? True Christians really believe Jesus is their Savior, so if you use His name as a cuss word can't you understand WHY they are offended? I agree with you that people coming to your door at 7am is insensitive. But I also believe many unbelievers are insensitive towards Christian's love for Jesus as their Savior.

Please STFU ..

Thank you for sending this post which proves everything in my post.

You dodged the issue by saying the 7 a.m. folks who were jerks don’t matter. That’s typical of you evangelicals. I don’t want you banging on my door at 7a.m. but you do it any way because you claim you “NEED to tell them because of your concern.” In other words, you claim to be superior, as you admitted in your post.

That’s your false need not mine.

I don’t care if you claim you are offended by my language. You may genuinely claim you are offended by my use of what you call a “ cuss word”
but you have absolutely no right to lecture me about my use of those words. In doing so, you look like a jackass and do not possibly proselytize anyone. If an evangelical uses methods that will not proselytize, then why does an evangelical claim to be an evangelical?

Your cancer analogy is stupid. There is a HUGE difference between something based in science that is quantifiable & can be proven & something that someone believes for no good reason other than their mommy & daddy told them so. I have defended the well wishes & prayers because of good intentions in the past but to act like you know something I don’t is bs - you believe something but KNOW NOTHING.

Jesus H Christ this is some condescending crap.

Thank you for sending this post which proves everything in my post.

You dodged the issue by saying the 7 a.m. folks who were jerks don’t matter. That’s typical of you evangelicals. I don’t want you banging on my door at 7a.m. but you do it any way because you claim you “NEED to tell them because of your concern.” In other words, you claim to be superior, as you admitted in your post.

That’s your false need not mine.

I don’t care if you claim you are offended by my language. You may genuinely claim you are offended by my use of what you call a “ cuss word”
but you have absolutely no right to lecture me about my use of those words. In doing so, you look like a jackass and do not possibly proselytize anyone. If an evangelical uses methods that will not proselytize, then why does an evangelical claim to be an evangelical?
By saying that is not your need is the reason why believers in Jesus feel a need to tell you about Him. I know you probably won't get this, but people who believe in Jesus do care for your soul. They want to see you in Heaven someday. That is their main motivation. Didn't I say that they shouldn't be banging on your door at 7am? I thought I was clear on that. I freely admit that I believe what Jesus said about Himself in John 14:6. I also agree with Peter in Acts 4:12. I don't claim to be superior. I claim that Jesus is according to John 1:1-3, 14.

You base your entire life around Fox News. You have zero room to talk.

And you preach right wing politics and skew things as badly if not worse than one Joel, at least he is honest that he is basically a money grabber while you pretend to be pious.

And you preach right wing politics and skew things as badly if not worse than one Joel, at least he is honest that he is basically a money grabber while you pretend to be pious.
So if I was a leftist then you would be more accepting? See you are shaping the debate by saying that conservative bad, liberal/progressive good. To be pious is to be religious. I am not. I've got an enduring relationship with God through Jesus Christ my Lord. It goes beyond religion and has become the most powerful hope I've ever known. I'd die for Jesus' sake if I had to. But until He calls me home I will love my enemies and do good to everyone, but especially the household of faith.

So if I was a leftist then you would be more accepting? See you are shaping the debate by saying that conservative bad, liberal/progressive good. To be pious is to be religious. I am not. I've got an enduring relationship with God through Jesus Christ my Lord. It goes beyond religion and has become the most powerful hope I've ever known. I'd die for Jesus' sake if I had to. But until He calls me home I will love my enemies and do good to everyone, but especially the household of faith.
What does being a "leftist" have to do with anything?

You pretend to be a man of goodwill and god, yet you are one of the biggest hypocrites and biggots I have ever witnessed.

I really could not care any less what you would do for jesus, it is your words and I assume your actions, that back those words up that make you who you are in the here and now. Also, I didn't shape any debate left vs. right, I was responding to your clear and everyday rationalization of a despicable person who says and does despicable things. You laughingly talk about a "changed and humbled" DT, what a joke that is. & BTW YOU shape everything into right vs. left and pretend it is a moral choice. Kinda sick, I pity those folks that listen to you at whatever church you are at...assuming any still show up.

Reactions: MaxCoke and RBB89
What does being a "leftist" have to do with anything?

You pretend to be a man of goodwill and god, yet you are one of the biggest hypocrites and biggots I have ever witnessed.

I really could not care any less what you would do for jesus, it is your words and I assume your actions, that back those words up that make you who you are in the here and now. Also, I didn't shape any debate left vs. right, I was responding to your clear and everyday rationalization of a despicable person who says and does despicable things. You laughingly talk about a "changed and humbled" DT, what a joke that is. & BTW YOU shape everything into right vs. left and pretend it is a moral choice. Kinda sick, I pity those folks that listen to you at whatever church you are at...assuming any still show up.
You were the one who brought up politics not me. I was responding to what you said. Reread what you just wrote above. Can you see how judgmental you are? You act like you got me pegged or something. Ridiculous. I didn't laugh when I brought up Trump's change. I truly believe he is far different than he used to be. The question is why don't you believe a man can change?

You were the one who brought up politics not me. I was responding to what you said. Reread what you just wrote above. Can you see how judgmental you are? You act like you got me pegged or something. Ridiculous. I didn't laugh when I brought up Trump's change. I truly believe he is far different than he used to be. The question is why don't you believe a man can change?
No, the question is, why are you so eager to believe that Trump has suddenly become a good man, despite the lack of any evidence suggesting such, when you are equally unwilling to accept change for the better among any Democrats?

The answer is obvious. You don't worship God. You carry a Bible, but you worship the Republican party.

Reactions: MaxCoke
No, you shouldn’t be combining any stupid cable news talking points with the teachings of Jesus. It’s hypocritical and obnoxious.

The fact that you make EVERYTHING about left or right proves my point.

Because he hasn’t changed. He’s acting exactly the same as a 71 year old as he did as a 41 year old. You see REPUBLICAN and defend him. That’s the only reason why you defend him. I do believe people can change...there is no evidence that he has. He says stuff, like he always has, to boost his image/ego. Saying “I go to Bible study” is meaningless if you still have affairs, insult people on a daily basis like a child, surround yourself with publicly admitted racists, literally say you never have to ask for forgiveness because you don’t do anything wrong, call the Communion wafer “your little cracker,” and blatantly lie every single day, which are often confirmed by his own past words/tweets.

You. Are. A. Hypocrite.

No, you are changing the subject as usual.

I never said a person cannot change, so stop putting words in my mouth. Clearly DT has not changed, and that is on display every single day. In fact, it appears to be getting worse, not better. He is a pathological liar and you are clearly a hypocritical enabler.

Whether a "leftist" or a right wing nut-jjob, that would be you, neither has a place in religion & yet you routinely inject it into your twisted view of Christianity. Unless you are actually as intellectually devoid as your comments suggest, your Jesus was the epitome of the very LEFTIST you deplore. Also, you pretend as if your self-proclaimed will to die for jesus is some kind of awe inspiring sacrifice that gets you a pass for being an indecent hypocrite. It does not, in fact, your proclamation is wholly unbelievable for the fact of what you spew on these boards literally every day. I don't think you understand anything about the figure you profess to adore so much.

The is no more divisive, evil, hate-promoting force in society than organized religion.

Forgive me for not hating or killing someone because you think that your magical fairy wants it done.

I'm not big into social media, but I was traveling last week when word got out about Stephen Hawking's death. What was the twitter/facebook response from "good Christians" ? It was "Ha, Ha, he's burning in Hell now. Think like me, or you will burn too!"

Disgusting, hypocritical, and a blight on our society.

Reactions: MaxCoke
The is no more divisive, evil, hate-promoting force in society than organized religion.

Forgive me for not hating or killing someone because you think that your magical fairy wants it done.

I'm not big into social media, but I was traveling last week when word got out about Stephen Hawking's death. What was the twitter/facebook response from "good Christians" ? It was "Ha, Ha, he's burning in Hell now. Think like me, or you will burn too!"

Disgusting, hypocritical, and a blight on our society.
I believe Hawkings is awaiting judgment. It is not doctrinally accurate to state that people are in Hell now. They don't get judged until the Great White Throne Judgment which happens after the 1,000 reign of Christ on the Earth. If Christians are laughing then they are wrong. The Puritan pastor Richard Baxter told pastors that they must preach about Hell but they must do so with tears.

No, you are changing the subject as usual.

I never said a person cannot change, so stop putting words in my mouth. Clearly DT has not changed, and that is on display every single day. In fact, it appears to be getting worse, not better. He is a pathological liar and you are clearly a hypocritical enabler.

Whether a "leftist" or a right wing nut-jjob, that would be you, neither has a place in religion & yet you routinely inject it into your twisted view of Christianity. Unless you are actually as intellectually devoid as your comments suggest, your Jesus was the epitome of the very LEFTIST you deplore. Also, you pretend as if your self-proclaimed will to die for jesus is some kind of awe inspiring sacrifice that gets you a pass for being an indecent hypocrite. It does not, in fact, your proclamation is wholly unbelievable for the fact of what you spew on these boards literally every day. I don't think you understand anything about the figure you profess to adore so much.
It was stuffshot who brought up politics and then I thought you did because you joined our back and forth. You use the word hypocrite. Do you know the definition of the word? It means you preach one thing and then do another. Where have I done this? If you say I am a hypocrite for voting for Trump then let me remind you that I voted for Cruz in the primary. If I voted for Hillary I would be a hypocrite because of her stance on abortion. I am pro life and could not vote for her because of it. So what am I to do stay home? Of course some of you liberals were banking on this happening. Can you really say Trump hasn't changed? Would the Trump who was supposedly romping with a porn actress have Bible studies in the White House? Are you telling me you know the Bible so much and the Jesus of the Bible that you can tell which person He would vote for? What Bible college did you attend? How many times have you read the Bible through? Jesus would not be for abortion. I can't find anywhere in the Bible where Jesus would be for big government. I'm not saying this makes Him a republican. But He definitely would not be welcome in the democrat party.
What you have to do is decide not if Jesus was a democrat or republican. You have to decide if He was and is the Son of God and whether or not He truly died for your sins on the Cross. Your eternal destiny depends on it. And I say this out of the love He has given me for you.

It was stuffshot who brought up politics and then I thought you did because you joined our back and forth. You use the word hypocrite. Do you know the definition of the word? It means you preach one thing and then do another. Where have I done this? If you say I am a hypocrite for voting for Trump then let me remind you that I voted for Cruz in the primary. If I voted for Hillary I would be a hypocrite because of her stance on abortion. I am pro life and could not vote for her because of it. So what am I to do stay home? Of course some of you liberals were banking on this happening. Can you really say Trump hasn't changed? Would the Trump who was supposedly romping with a porn actress have Bible studies in the White House? Are you telling me you know the Bible so much and the Jesus of the Bible that you can tell which person He would vote for? What Bible college did you attend? How many times have you read the Bible through? Jesus would not be for abortion. I can't find anywhere in the Bible where Jesus would be for big government. I'm not saying this makes Him a republican. But He definitely would not be welcome in the democrat party.
What you have to do is decide not if Jesus was a democrat or republican. You have to decide if He was and is the Son of God and whether or not He truly died for your sins on the Cross. Your eternal destiny depends on it. And I say this out of the love He has given me for you.
Supposedly? Trump is suing Stormy Daniels because she’s talking about the non-disclosure agreement. He’s literally acknowledging that it happened.

He’s. Lying. About. Attending. Bible. Studies.

He joked about considering aborting his daughter:

You’re a hypocrite because you relentlessly defend liars while spewing out political talking points. Nothing Trump does is Christ-like.

Reactions: IU40IU
Good god you are an idiot.

Easy. Just say, "Trump is a horrible person, and I recognize that, but I find it critically important to elect presidents who will appoint conservative judges, because the issue of abortion is so important to me, it outweighs the personal faults of the president."

Would that be so hard?

Reactions: RBB89
Your problem isn't God or politics. Those can be overlooked..

You're just really dumb and I mean that most sincerely.

Dangerously, obviously, stupid. You prove it with every post regardless of topic matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: RBB89
Because he hasn’t changed. He’s acting exactly the same as a 71 year old as he did as a 41 year old. You see REPUBLICAN and defend him. That’s the only reason why you defend him. I do believe people can change...there is no evidence that he has. He says stuff, like he always has, to boost his image/ego. Saying “I go to Bible study” is meaningless if you still have affairs, insult people on a daily basis like a child, surround yourself with publicly admitted racists, literally say you never have to ask for forgiveness because you don’t do anything wrong, call the Communion wafer “your little cracker,” and blatantly lie every single day, which are often confirmed by his own past words/tweets.

You. Are. A. Hypocrite.

Peter Wehner certainly agrees.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/politics/pete-wehner-axe-files/index.html

Easy. Just say, "Trump is a horrible person, and I recognize that, but I find it critically important to elect presidents who will appoint conservative judges, because the issue of abortion is so important to me, it outweighs the personal faults of the president."

Would that be so hard?

For someone with little intelligence, yes.

Can you point out where Jesus talks about abortion? Thanks.

Oh, I definitely know the meaning of the word and it fits you. Your words betray you.

You do not preach brotherhood, mutual support, or unconditional love, and you clearly support divisiveness, exclusion, and you certainly do not represent the poor, displaced, hungry, or those in need. You support single issue politics such as gun rights above all else (I know jesus was packing), abortion which jesus never mentioned, cutting so called "entitlements" for those in need...and most of all you appear to have totally abandoned any moral compass by supporting an individual that is the antithesis of what an "evangelical" supposedly stands for. The "evangelicals" are the most hypocritical rationalizing group of people on the planet. They, you, have totally abandoned any principals and are basically a schill for an imbecile who is assaulting our country, constitution, and all basic decency.

Yes, I can say clearly that Trump has not changed. As Reagan said "there you go again" with that bible study crap that he neither attends nor adheres to. In fact he mocks his so called evangelical VP, who is a rudderless as he is.

Who caresif I have read a book written by humans that is full of historical inaccuracies, additions, subtractions, and edited beyond belief. So you have read this book & it is obvious that the overall point of said book was totally lost on you. What does "big government" have to do with Jesus? In fact, he preached taking care of those who cannot take care of themselves. On another note, in case you missed it, the government is exploding under Trump with waste, deficits, and corruption .... just as it did under W, who squandered billions of dollars and the loss of countless lives...I bet you were waving your flag all the way though.

My destiny does not depend on your book or prayers, & in that I wholly believe. In fact, I would hope that you, of all people, would leave me out of any conversation you may have with your imaginary friend. Clearly, if there is a god he is totally inactive in our world. Why would he bless a president as devoid of morality as this imbecile and let a child die of hunger every 7 seconds in the world. Quite a friend you have there, eh. BTW, attending a "bible college" is basically getting a "degree" by "studying" what you were already predisposed to believe...self -validation with zero self-awareness makes for an intellectually lazy person...clearly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT