ADVERTISEMENT

Et tu, KU?

The way I read this you’d get rid of Hartman, but keep Priller?! Assume you mean get rid of Priller too. I think it’s obvious Archie played the long game on this, and chose to start establishing real, solid, good relationships with Indiana high school and AAU people. Canning Hartman, coming off an injury might have damaged that effort. Though I seem to remember Hartman actually needed convincing to play...as he was already graduated and engaged. Guessing Archie felt like he wanted Colins leadership to get his program going.

And the type of kids Archie was likely to get for the Prillers and Hartmans, anyone he would have bumped that year, likely would have been more of a reach than a Forrester type kid. Though Jake has actually done well at his next stop. No coach hits on all their recruits. And we know Archie isn’t like Crean with his Schollies. He’ll bank them before reaching on someone. Hindsight is always 20/20.

If he had blown it up, and won 5 or so games less his first couple seasons as a result, you’d be using that as a reason to question him now.

Ad I’ve mentioned before, you’re not nuanced. You aren’t seeing the improvements and what he’s building. You either don’t know, or don’t understand the principles, personnel, and complete buy in it takes to build a successful pack line program. It doesn’t happen overnight. Never has for any pack line coach. When they get there, if they’ve done a good job establishing a reliable roster, they’ll stay there...a la Wisconsin and Virginia.

I think we’re now either there, or knocking on the door of being there. And 10 years from now we’ll look back and be very happy with this next decade of IU basketball.
No, both should’ve gone, as should’ve anyone who didn’t buy in. But what you’re really saying is that it wasn’t really a total rebuild, that’s just the excuse you and others who don’t understand this stuff use to explain why the results have been so poor. Further, it’s the excuse that keeps on giving for the fanboi set, who breathlessly show their naïveté by predictzing Sweet 16‘s and elite performances by individuals who have shown nothing close to that and well before the program can even finish in the top half of the conference. It’s why you can’t be taken seriously. There’s no identifiable program culture, something that anyone who actually competed in sports would realize is a key issue in success. As for emulating UVA and UW, there continues to be a key element of those programs that you simply ignore and / or dismiss, and it’s why underachievement continues.

But he kept certain players that clearly weren’t good fits, so he didn’t rebuild it. Knowing that it was a complete rebuild, doing something partially didn’t advance the program, it set it back.

IU made a huge mistake in keeping you as a fan.

no offense personally, you're just not a good fit for the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
ElementaryFriendlyAsianelephant-small.gif

Is that from Stripes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT