ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN - Why it Pays to Have Patience with College Coaches

why, because he's a meany? if that's the case, the administration needs to cut this holier than thou shit. do you want to win or not.
IDK, I wanted Marshall from the get go before AM and I'm sure we'd all be happier with him than AM. However, he does seems to run off a whole lot of players. On the other hand, he does seem to attract a lot of talent with grad transfers that seem to have no problem knowing he's going to push them. It's 50/50 for me, but IU admin being what it is, I don't think they'd ever hire him now

The Indiana Administration wants a beta coach plain and simple. No one bigger than the program ever again. That's what they thought they had with Crean. A guy who would win 20-25 games a year like clockwork, keep butts in the seats, but never be elite. Marshall is way too much of an alpha for our pathetic excuse of an administration.

Texas don't care about basketball. It's all about football the money they are still paying Herman which is a 15 milion payout plus they pay Steve Sarkisian 5.2mil a year but the sad thing is they laid off workers for a new coach.

Are you serious dude? There’s no way Gregg Marshall is ever going to be able to recruit after everything that has come out. There’s a huge difference between being a no nonsense, hard-nosed, tough love coach and being a miserable asshole. The latter describes Marshall. He’s not coming here. Ever.

How about Chris Beard ?

Reactions: B_Town_Buford
How about Chris Beard ?

Also an anomaly.

You of all people would have absolutely SHIT their pants if IU hired a coach whose prior tutelage included:

1 year Arkansas-Little Rock
2 years D2 Angelo State
2 years D3 McMurry
2 years ABA South Carolina Warriors (defunct semi-pro)

Absolutely shit yourself. You didn’t know who Chris Beard was until 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Are you serious dude? There’s no way Gregg Marshall is ever going to be able to recruit after everything that has come out. There’s a huge difference between being a no nonsense, hard-nosed, tough love coach and being a miserable asshole. The latter describes Marshall. He’s not coming here. Ever.

Marshall is a miserable asshole and her husband Gregg is just as bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Also an anomaly.

You of all people would have absolutely SHIT their pants if IU hired a coach whose prior tutelage included:

2 years D2 Angelo State
2 years D3 McMurry

Absolutely shit yourself. You didn’t know who Chris Beard was until 3 years ago.

I was actually curious about our chances with him. You have the inside scoop and I was hoping with your charm and charisma you might have convinced him to come to IU?

Also an anomaly.

2 years D2 Angelo State
2 years D3 McMurry

[/]

Additional support to Coach Geez’s point, Beard is being paid well with less pressure at Texas Tech, why would he leave? Also, his teams play great defense with mediocre offense (sounds familiar), oh and he lives/dies with the transfer market so far (which many here have criticized for not being consistent or a sign that a program is desperate). He does have the Finals run a few years back which shouldn’t be discounted. The +67 guys (Beilein, Pitino, Matta - he might not be that old but his body is) are desperate stop gaps that just kicks another hire down the road 5 years. Archie’s new assistant Hunter (known recruiter) hasn’t even been here for a recruiting season, nor has this season concluded (could still be successful, could still be awful). Recognize that only up and comer or washed up coaches will consider this job,we as fans hold the job in much higher esteem than the coaching community.

I would take Steve Alford. For whatever reason, delusional or not, I’ve convinced myself they he would be better here than anywhere else. He’s a good Offensive Coach and recruiter. He needs help defensively.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
why, because he's a meany? if that's the case, the administration needs to cut this holier than thou shit. do you want to win or not.
Maybe you should look at his record without the two pro level PG's he luckily had on his roster during his runs.

That guy is overrated, a chronic drunk and huge PR nightmare.

Last edited:
None of the coaches mentioned would be an upgrade. None of the coaches above will ever be hired by any B1G school. Ever.

Texas has 11 RSCI top 100 players on their current roster. That talent is way above what Indiana has.
I think Miller is an OK coach but he is not producing strong results and the future does not look to be securely better.
Patience is no longer even a question because since 2000 IU just hasn't been very good most years. At this point Indiana beat writers get excited when IU comes close to beating Wisconsin. It is pretty pathetic but unless Miller either starts getting more talent or IU hires a better coach we are not going to be looking at conference titles or anything else anytime soon.

So what you using Dumbadore ...

Crystal ball, bird signs, pig entrails, tarot cards or divinations granted from God?

Lack of recruited talent for next year and a decent chance that TJD leaves.

And that's the last time I answer you while ignoring your sophomoric b.s.. I already warned you about that.

This should be fun...
Look. Those saying Archie should be fired are dismissing his consistent improvement each year (This year TBD). He should get another 2-3 years as long as the bottom doesn’t fall out. He won’t get 9 years unless he is consistent in tourney appearances and keeps showing improvement to a point where we are finishing top 3-4 in B1G most years or is making deep tourney runs. I think the culture is good. We have had some bad luck with injuries, but we have some decent depth and a good young team. If we are struggling this year and the next 1-2, he probably won’t make it.

I would take Steve Alford. For whatever reason, delusional or not, I’ve convinced myself they he would be better here than anywhere else. He’s a good Offensive Coach and recruiter. He needs help defensively.
Maybe hope being back at IU would stir him up and do a better job? Not for it but could be worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT