ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN article says 25 bowls will be more entertaining than the Gator Bowl

All other bowls involving B1G schools listed as more entertaining.
All other bowls involving SEC schools listed as more entertaining.

If the writer is setting the over/under at 26th most entertaining bowl game, I think I'll take the under.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ootball-40-bowl-games-least-most-entertaining
It's just one guy's misguided opinion. Sports Illustrated ranks ours as the 10th (out of 39) most watchable bowl, and The Sporting News has us #19 overall.

https://www.si.com/college/2019/12/12/college-football-bowl-games-ranking-schedule

What difference does it make before the games are played? Talk to me after the games are all played if it's the ranking of entertainment value you so value. Entertainment doesn't start until kickoff, unless I've been looking at the game with the wrong mindset all these years.

As has already been pointed out, if you're truly a college football fan (which evidently this ESPN clown isn't), the INDIANA versus tn game is what you'll be watching on on January 2nd...

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. Seems evenly matched... Should be a great game.

Two big state schools from SEC vs. B10, only night game nationally that night. What's not to like? Who cares what reporters predict, proof will be in the game itself and the ratings. I believe both schools have a loyal following that will be watching, game will be a sellout and it will surprise the "expert pundits."

I have read a half-dozen bowl ratings and most have IU-Tennessee in the 17-20 range. Pretty good considering there are 40 bowls.

It’s one guy’s opinion. I mean he has the Pinstripe and Redbox as more entertaining and several Group of 5 bowls.

I have read a half-dozen bowl ratings and most have IU-Tennessee in the 17-20 range. Pretty good considering there are 40 bowls.

It’s one guy’s opinion. I mean he has the Pinstripe and Redbox as more entertaining and several Group of 5 bowls.
Will you be attending the Gator Bowl in person? I have obligations to grandkids that will limit me to watching on TV.

Will you be attending the Gator Bowl in person? I have obligations to grandkids that will limit me to watching on TV.

I will be there. I ordered tickets through the IU ticket office. Driving down on 1/1 and staying on Amelia Island. There will be a ton of IU fans there. I know several people who are just very casual football fans who are jumping on board for this one.

I go to all the bowls so I was going to be there regardless. I just breathed a sigh of relief that we didn’t end up back in San Fran.

I will be there. I ordered tickets through the IU ticket office. Driving down on 1/1 and staying on Amelia Island. There will be a ton of IU fans there. I know several people who are just very casual football fans who are jumping on board for this one.

I go to all the bowls so I was going to be there regardless. I just breathed a sigh of relief that we didn’t end up back in San Fran.

See you at the pre game warm up

Having gone through the ESPN list, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us end being ranked as one of the top ten most entertaining Bowl games when all is said and done...

One matchup that's a head scratcher is ND vs Iowa State...

Is anyone in the country actually interested in that game aside from contributing alumni !!!????

That's among those that I'll nap through the first three plus quarters, setting my alarm to wake up mid-fourth just in case a football game accidentally develops.

Last edited:
Reactions: midwolfe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT