ADVERTISEMENT

Errabody take it easy on hoot today . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
he's in rarefied air . . .

. . . BTW, which of your fellers and females were alive the last time Wiscy played in the National Championship game?

Am keeping a low profile...

...for fear I'll upset the applecart.

When the Badgers won the NCAA title in 1941 my father who was a Wisconsin grad (1918) claimed he put knee pads and long striped red/white socks on my skinny four year legs in honor of the victory.

I told this story to Coach Bud Foster who coached the '41 team when riding on a train with him from Madison to Chicago (circa 1957). Foster laughed and said the story was not completely far fetched as the 1941 team did wear knee pads and long striped socks.

My earliest recollections of Wisconsin basketball were the 1948 and 1949 teams. These Foster teams beat Wooden's UCLA teams in each of those seasons. Foster liked to chuckle over the fact he was undefeated (2-0) over Wooden. Foster coached until 1959 and usually didn't have much athletic talent. His teams would set up good screens and take what looked like an easy shot only to miss. This 2014-15 squad is way more athletic than most commentators give them credit for being in my opinion.

This post was edited on 4/6 2:28 PM by hoot1

well, I think we all know what you need to be wearing tonight! nm

nm

I dunno . . .

not sure if his legs are that skinny any more . . . .

This post was edited on 4/6 3:46 PM by Sope Creek

May need the knee pads...

...when I find myself in the praying position.

Or as one of my Badger Buddies said given "'Miller Time" came early today In Indianapolis, "You may need the pads when you enter your knee walking phase just about game time".

Yelled at someone in a local Indy bistro which I mistakenly thought was Crazy Legs Hirsch, "Hey is that you Crazy Legs." The stranger responded, "Has my arthritis gotten that bad?"

Fun times, but I am now safely back home and will watch the game on TV.

This post was edited on 4/6 6:44 PM by hoot1

ADVERTISEMENT