ADVERTISEMENT

ERIC MUSSELMAN and JUSTIN SMITH SHOWED OUT

BAMAFORIU

Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2001
Musselman showed he knows how to coach enthusiasm and get Justin Smith to show out and show his return to the state of Indiana was in our face for letting him escape to Arkansas. Seriously, he needed to go since he was a non-believer in AM but he has shown what he is capable of under a quality coach who can motivate. Smith had his career high today vs Colgate.

Justin Smith was a malcontent that made it too hard for Lil Archie to coach last year, if he would have left earlier Archie most likely would still be the coach. It was those damn Crean Players that got him fired, you know like the one that just graduated that was our best guard. Sorry to Justin you made the right move leaving the ARchie nightmare, good luck.

He obviously saw Archie sucked at coaching. Granted smith was lazy when he played but might have had to do something with how Archie coached and his “resting bitchface” he always had. My ex wife has the same problem!

When the new coach comes in next year and we go to the tourney then we will all see how truly inept Archie was.

Justin Smith was a malcontent that made it too hard for Lil Archie to coach last year, if he would have left earlier Archie most likely would still be the coach. It was those damn Crean Players that got him fired, you know like the one that just graduated that was our best guard. Sorry to Justin you made the right move leaving the ARchie nightmare, good luck.
Are you serious? Looks to me like a few players had problems with lil Archie.

Are you serious? Looks to me like a few players had problems with lil Archie.
Based on body language of players and what we saw from the bench during games over Archie's four seasons, it seems he never was able to make a true personal connection with his players. It's likely that he's not wired as a person who has an ability to easily connect with others.

Reactions: OrlandoHoosier
It's amazing what a change in a player's coaching can make. I've been highly impressed with what I've seen from Justin Smith this season and today with Arkansas.

And yet his numbers across the board are about the same, FG% up a little, 3 PT% down a little, FT% down a little, Reb and assists up a little, steals the same, TO's up a little. Scoring about 2.6 more points per game while taking 2 more shots a game. So in essence, basically the same player, just playing at a faster pace now

29 pts on 9/17 shooting

13 rebs

11/13 fts

2 t/os

Joggy McJoggerson has the last laugh...

Based on body language of players and what we saw from the bench during games over Archie's four seasons, it seems he never was able to make a true personal connection with his players. It's likely that he's not wired as a person who has an ability to easily connect with others.
I don’t know the man personally. Briefly talked to him just once. But, from what I’ve seen (and heard), I could believe this.

Reactions: OrlandoHoosier
He just never seemed comfortable in the job. Showed a lack of confidence and didn’t own it.

Musselman showed he knows how to coach enthusiasm and get Justin Smith to show out and show his return to the state of Indiana was in our face for letting him escape to Arkansas. Seriously, he needed to go since he was a non-believer in AM but he has shown what he is capable of under a quality coach who can motivate. Smith had his career high today vs Colgate.
Yeah, he turned out pretty good when he was able to finally get some real coaching behind him!

It's amazing what a change in a player's coaching can make. I've been highly impressed with what I've seen from Justin Smith this season and today with Arkansas.
lol ................

If only we could have played Colgate every game. He's the same IQ lacking athlete he always was but playing at the four where he's effective. .

He just never seemed comfortable in the job. Showed a lack of confidence and didn’t own it.
Agreed. He looked extremely tight from tip-off of that horrendous loss at home to Indiana State right through to the loss to Rutgers at Lucas Oil.

vs. colgate.

Great adjustments he made when Colgate jumped up by 14, and Hogs top player went to the bench with foul trouble. It resulted in a 19-0 run.

I got blasted on here for saying IU could really have used JS this year back in early Jan. The kid can play, and he does a lot of the things that help teams win.

And yet his numbers across the board are about the same, FG% up a little, 3 PT% down a little, FT% down a little, Reb and assists up a little, steals the same, TO's up a little. Scoring about 2.6 more points per game while taking 2 more shots a game. So in essence, basically the same player, just playing at a faster pace now

And making plays that don't show up on the stat sheet.

One thing that was def up for JS this year, Arkansas was 1-3 while he was out, now 23-3 with him in the lineup.

lol ................

If only we could have played Colgate every game. He's the same IQ lacking athlete he always was but playing at the four where he's effective. .
Look at his entire season stats. Second team All-SEC

It’s hard to make a connection when you never smile or laugh. I know there wasn’t a lot to smile about.

Reactions: MikeHoncho69
ADVERTISEMENT