ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Hovde running for Senate in WI doesn't think nursing home folks should be able to vote.

UTFO

Hall of Famer
Feb 2, 2004
Fetuses = uber important and worth protecting at all costs

The elderly who raised us and probably fought for the country? Not so much. They no longer deserve their fundamental rights!

Wonder why church membership is way down and the young aren't digging it?

This right here.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe

The elderly who raised us and probably fought for the country? Not so much. They no longer deserve their fundamental rights!

This right here.

LDBuYzAwu8L4I.gif

That's not at all what he said. He's talking about 2020 and all the nursing homes that had 100% turnout or close to it. Many if those people are vegetables and aren't capable of voting. That's not possible and everyone knows it. Hence why Dems are terrified of a signature check. Never said they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

That's not at all what he said. He's talking about 2020 and all the nursing homes that had 100% turnout or close to it. Many if those people are vegetables and aren't capable of voting. That's not possible and everyone knows it. Hence why Dems are terrified of a signature check. Never said they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
So, basically, UTFO’s bullshit smells the same as yours.

This right here.
Has this one just been twisted to meet an agenda? Is he really saying that people in NH should not vote or is he saying that votes cast from NH need to be legit? There are a lot of incapacitated patients and if they are voting (for either party) I have an issue with that. If a NH reports 100% voted...something doesn't smell right and i don't mean anticeptic and old urine.

I am asking...I don't know.

Has this one just been twisted to meet an agenda? Is he really saying that people in NH should not vote or is he saying that votes cast from NH need to be legit? There are a lot of incapacitated patients and if they are voting (for either party) I have an issue with that. If a NH reports 100% voted...something doesn't smell right and i don't mean anticeptic and old urine.

I am asking...I don't know.

Wait, you mean to tell me that this person who only ever posts the most vapid LWNJ idiocy and has NEVER responded to ANY of his WC threads may not be entirely honest?

SAY IT AIN’T SO!!!!

Reactions: mcmurtry66

This right here.
Good early morning, Drive-by. Hope you prepared breakfast for all your Delta Tau Chi brothers before you headed out for your busy day.

Yet it was Trump that got votes from dead people. How did he accomplish that?

Voting in nursing homes should be looked at, but how do you determine what is wrong? There is nothing that blocks someone with dementia from voting, as an example. If they want to vote, do you tell them no? And I have a prediction, someone with dementia will have handwriting that isn't going to come close to what they used 40 years ago. But then again, almost anyone 90 isn't going to have handwriting from when they were 40.

Voting in nursing homes should be looked at, but how do you determine what is wrong? There is nothing that blocks someone with dementia from voting, as an example. If they want to vote, do you tell them no? And I have a prediction, someone with dementia will have handwriting that isn't going to come close to what they used 40 years ago. But then again, almost anyone 90 isn't going to have handwriting from when they were 40.
Verify that they themselves are the one voting. Go on ChatGPT and ask "How do you verify that a mail in ballot was filled out by the actual voter?"

Let me know what it says.

Verify that they themselves are the one voting. Go on ChatGPT and ask "How do you verify that a mail in ballot was filled out by the actual voter?"

Let me know what it says.

YOU mentioned signature check in the 3rd post in the thread. I assert signature match is useless with elderly people who haven't updated signatures at voter registration. Wisconsin has a voter ID law, I have no problem with that. Signature matching in nursing homes just guarantees that elderly don't vote.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie

A couple years after my dad died, when my mom was still in her home but not fully competent, I took her to vote on election day. I thought she'd feel good about it -- they had always been civic minded and active politically to some degree. I got her to the polling place and she got herself oriented to an extent, but was still unsure of herself and slightly confused. I asked the poll worker if I could accompany her to the little table where she would mark her ballot, and they were cool with it. She studied the ballot for a minute, then turned to me and said "I don't know who any of these people are." I told her she could vote a straight Republican ticket if that's what she wanted to do; she thought that was a good idea, put her mark on the ballot, and then toddled over to the scanner and inserted her ballot. That was in 2012. I'm glad they didn't live to see the rise of Trump.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe

This right here.
fwiw - I love how ate up the the stick up the ass crowd gets when you post. Cracks me up. Props ..

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Oh for sure. Obviously.

I mean, Biden's obviously the worst president we're had in modern history, but I'm not hoping my old man taps out early, so he doesn't have to live through another of his terms, because of my Biden Derangement Syndrome. 😄

That's some peak TDS. Jesus.
Even more frightening. You have to think there’s a decent chance Harris assumes the gig during the next five years

Even more frightening. You have to think there’s a decent chance Harris assumes the gig during the next five years
It'll be a shitshow...

Yet still, despite the continued plunge into economic and social ruin, you'd still have the regular morons here either:
  1. Denying it was happening.
  2. Denying it was that bad.
  3. Worse yet, admitting it was that bad, but yet somehow trying to marginalize it because "Trump woulda been much worse", or the coup de grace...
  4. Blaming the 2024 and beyond continued shitstorm on Trump's 2017-2020 presidency.

It'll be a shitshow...

Yet still, despite the continued plunge into economic and social ruin, you'd still have the regular morons here either:
  3. Worse yet, admitting it was that bad, but yet somehow trying to marginalize it because "Trump woulda been much worse", or the coup de grace...
  4. Blaming the 2024 and beyond continued shitstorm on Trump's 2017-2020 presidency.
Harris on the heels of the worst inflation In 40 years champions reparations. “It’s time”

YOU mentioned signature check in the 3rd post in the thread. I assert signature match is useless with elderly people who haven't updated signatures at voter registration. Wisconsin has a voter ID law, I have no problem with that. Signature matching in nursing homes just guarantees that elderly don't vote.
It's also useless when voters have the legal right to have someone assist them with voting. Which is to say that I could go into the voting booth with an elderly person with dementia, "help" them vote for all of my preferred candidates, and have it entered/signed by the voter in person and no laws have been broken.

Oh for sure. Obviously.

I mean, Biden's obviously the worst president we're had in modern history, but I'm not hoping my old man taps out early, so he doesn't have to live through another of his terms, because of my Biden Derangement Syndrome. 😄

That's some peak TDS. Jesus.
And that wasn't what went down. They never saw the rise of Trump. That's something to be grateful for.

It'll be a shitshow...

Where’s that recession you’ve all said was coming for years? Still waiting….

Reactions: UncleMark
A couple years after my dad died, when my mom was still in her home but not fully competent, I took her to vote on election day. I thought she'd feel good about it -- they had always been civic minded and active politically to some degree. I got her to the polling place and she got herself oriented to an extent, but was still unsure of herself and slightly confused. I asked the poll worker if I could accompany her to the little table where she would mark her ballot, and they were cool with it. She studied the ballot for a minute, then turned to me and said "I don't know who any of these people are." I told her she could vote a straight Republican ticket if that's what she wanted to do; she thought that was a good idea, put her mark on the ballot, and then toddled over to the scanner and inserted her ballot. That was in 2012. I'm glad they didn't live to see the rise of Trump.
So what you’re saying is living through Trump Presidency is worse than death, does that mean you’ll off yourself if he wins again?

these prices are probably worse
Could you imagine being so obtuse or in denial that you'd think things today were humming along better than 2019?

These losers were so pissed things were so good from 2017-2019, they tanked the economy on purpose, and used these hypochondriac dupes and pussies as their soldiers...

and now those same pussies are convinced the economy is bangin'.

Could you imagine being so obtuse or in denial that you'd think things today were humming along better than 2019?

These losers were so pissed things were so good from 2017-2019, they tanked the economy on purpose, and used these hypochondriac dupes and pussies as their soldiers...

and now those same pussies are convinced the economy is bangin'.
What’s insane to me is that they somehow forget Biden when left to his own devices. Cradle to grave. No package can be too big. Good lord but for manchin and the house flipping. That’s why it’s so vital to win the house or senate.

Never said they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Here's what he said:

"If you're in a nursing home you only have five/six months life expectancy. Almost nobody in a nursing home is in a point to vote."

He sure seems to be saying that "almost nobody" in a nursing home should be voting.

Reactions: cosmickid
Where’s that recession you’ve all said was coming for years? Still waiting….

these prices are probably worse

Inflation is the price you pay for full unemployment. The working class heroes I've known (myself included) would much rather have to deal with rising prices while they have an income rather than steady prices without an income. Of course, they aren't in the market for new homes or new cars or lattes or crab legs.

Inflation is the price you pay for full unemployment. The working class heroes I've known (myself included) would much rather have to deal with rising prices while they have an income rather than steady prices without an income. Of course, they aren't in the market for new homes or new cars or lattes or crab legs.
Inflation is the price you pay for holding all bills and giving mailbox checks. These jobs don’t keep up with prices. That’s why “the economy is booming” isnt resonating with people. They need three of these jobs to get by. God help us if Biden gets another chance to be “transformative”

Inflation is the price you pay for holding all bills and giving mailbox checks. These jobs don’t keep up with prices. That’s why “the economy is booming” isnt resonating with people. They need three of these jobs to get by. God help us if Biden gets another chance to be “transformative”
“Don’t underestimate Joe Biden’s ability to fvck things up.”

No one claims that.

Biden took over in 2021, at the height of the Delta outbreak, and the inflation spike followed once the economy -- and the additional stimulus -- kicked in in 2022. Things have improved markedly since then.

Trump managed a smooth, well running economy. Biden inherited a public health disaster and between the Dem fiscal policy and Powell's monetary actions we've been able to keep the economy running and employment at record highs.

Are things running as smoothly as they did in 2019? No, they aren't. You don't go through what we did in 2020 and 21 and expect things to be all hunky dory immediately thereafter. We're still dealing the fallout from the housing bubble and economic collapse of 2008-10.

No one claims that.

Biden took over in 2021, at the height of the Delta outbreak, and the inflation spike followed once the economy -- and the additional stimulus -- kicked in in 2022. Things have improved markedly since then.

Trump managed a smooth, well running economy. Biden inherited a public health disaster and between the Dem fiscal policy and Powell's monetary actions we've been able to keep the economy running and employment at record highs.

Are things running as smoothly as they did in 2019? No, they aren't. You don't go through what we did in 2020 and 21 and expect things to be all hunky dory immediately thereafter. We're still dealing the fallout from the housing bubble and economic collapse of 2008-10.
Don’t interrupt their it’s all Biden’s fault agenda. They ignore everything happening with inflation and after the pandemic in the rest of the world so they can blame everything bad on Biden and anything good on circumstances.

Reactions: cosmickid
Don’t interrupt their it’s all Biden’s fault agenda. They ignore everything happening with inflation and after the pandemic in the rest of the world so they can blame everything bad on Biden and anything good on circumstances.
It’s been posted countless times how excess stimulus gave rise to it here. Some of you remain painfully willfully ignorant

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT