ADVERTISEMENT

@eppy99 Crypto

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
Hey Eppy I bought a bunch of dogecoin last night (drunk) bc musk was going to mention it on snl. Woke up this morning and he tanked it. What gives? Now what? F-in crypto. Price of burl is way up....

Ps....Robinhood shouldn’t let me buy when I’m drunk....

Last edited:
Dang that sucks, but I'm still up 13% since buying on the 3rd. It's just a dip, time to double down to lower your average! $$

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Hey Eppy I bought a bunch of dogecoin last night (drunk) bc musk was going to mention it on snl. Woke up this morning and he tanked it. What gives? Now what? F-in crypto. Price of burl is way up....

Ps....Robinhood shouldn’t let me buy when I’m drunk....

Shoulda bet on Bob Baffert futures

Lmao. What a story. I don’t know anything about that stuff but don’t they know by now what will or won’t show up in the post race drug test?

The best - and most instructive - Derby Day I ever had was when I got "back side" passes. Hung around the stables. That day somebody tried to run one horse in place of another in an early day race - forgetting that they had numbers tatooed on the lips. And the winner is, er is NOT ...

But without question I CAN believe people would and could slip a horse a "mickey"

In the water
In the food
Harder - but not impossible - in the veins/needle.

Just no way to guard them 24/7, and there is always hundreds of folks walking around.

But the challenges happen before an administrative agency adjudicative body that are light on Rules of Evidence.

I shared a secretary for 30 years with a guy who represented the owners of Dancer's Image when they took away the 1968 Derby win over use of "bute" - he had a million stories. (And a billion dollars!) And he was a great guy - except for being a liberal. (He was the one guy I knew who could call Obama and they'd take his call.) He'd ride every day - except for a few months after when he fell. And his last horse fall was when he was in his 80's. Blue-blood horsemen are a different and interesting folk.

The best - and most instructive - Derby Day I ever had was when I got "back side" passes. Hung around the stables. That day somebody tried to run one horse in place of another in an early day race - forgetting that they had numbers tatooed on the lips. And the winner is, er is NOT ...

But without question I CAN believe people would and could slip a horse a "mickey"

In the water
In the food
Harder - but not impossible - in the veins/needle.

Just no way to guard them 24/7, and there is always hundreds of folks walking around.

But the challenges happen before an administrative agency adjudicative body that are light on Rules of Evidence.

I shared a secretary for 30 years with a guy who represented the owners of Dancer's Image when they took away the 1968 Derby win over use of "bute" - he had a million stories. (And a billion dollars!) And he was a great guy - except for being a liberal. (He was the one guy I knew who could call Obama and they'd take his call.) He'd ride every day - except for a few months after when he fell. And his last horse fall was when he was in his 80's. Blue-blood horsemen are a different and interesting folk.
Interesting stuff!!!

Reactions: 76-1
Dang that sucks, but I'm still up 13% since buying on the 3rd. It's just a dip, time to double down to lower your average! $$
Buy the dip Buy the dip Buy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dip

You’ll notice my best Derby sadly did not include winning wagers.

Story of my life.

Good times.

No profits.
Lol co-sign. I’ve only been once for a bachelor party in my 20s. We were in the infield and it pissed down rain. I was standing in three feet of water with two buddies to redeem tickets when another buddy got a good top of the hill run and tackled us. At one point I was completely under that filthy water. He took out a total of about 7 people in that one run. Gave rise to a full out 15 person brawl. My only derby experience.

Last edited:
Lol co-sign. I’ve only been once for a bachelor party in my 20s. We were in the infield and it pissed down rain. I was standing in three feet of water with two buddies to redeem tickets when another buddy got a good top of the hill run and tackled us. At one point I was completely under that water. He took out a total of about 7 people in that one run. Gave rise to a full out 15 person brawl. My only derby experience.

Obligatory

Gonzo

Buy the dip Buy the dip Buy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dipBuy the dip Buy the dip
Except when that dip crashes through the floor into a bottomless pit. Don't buy that dip.

Dogecoin rebounded today. I’m back in business. This is not for the faint of heart
You sure you're looking at the price of Dogecoin and not Dogbone, Dogbite, or Fleacoin? Dogecoin is down 20% today.

MATIC is where it's at.

I got in about a month ago when it was around $.30 and now it's at $1.15. My $100 or so in is now over $300 at last check. I'm gonna ride this sucker out to the end.
Honey did you buy something? The accounts look lower?
Well I did. And we should talk. I bought Dogecoin and it didn't do worth a shit so then I bought a bunch of MATIC.
What's Dogecoin?
I don't really know. Elon Musk on saturday night live said it's a hustle. It's a digital coin with a dog on it. but it doesn't matter because it seems like a bust so i bought MATIC. elon musk F'd us!
MATIC? What's MATIC? And who told you to buy it? Your financial guy? Ken or whatever.
No hon; I didn't meet with Ken. I don't know what it is but Baller23Boogie said to get it. HE'S KILLING IT!!!!!!!!!!! He's on the website you hate and told me to get off because it's just wasting time. Anyway I'm pretty sure he knows his stuff

Last edited:
Honey did you buy something? The accounts look lower?
Well I did. And we should talk. I bought Dogecoin and it didn't do worth a shit so then I bought a bunch of MATIC.
What's Dogecoin?
I don't really know. Elon Musk on saturday night live said it's a hustle. It's a digital coin with a dog on it. but it doesn't matter because it seems like a bust so i bought MATIC. elon musk F'd us!
MATIC? What's MATIC? And who told you to buy it? Your financial guy? Ken or whatever.
No hon; I didn't meet with Ken. I don't know what it is but Baller23Boogie said to get it. HE'S KILLING IT!!!!!!!!!!! He's on the website you hate and told me to get off of because it's just wasting time
Always start that conversation with
"First of all, remember that we love each other honey". :)

Every damn thing in my portfolio is down.. arggh.

now musk just tanked bitcoin.
I wish I had some $ left to buy. I guarantee Musk is buying right now, and his decimal points are worth more than my last 10 yrs $. I hope this great upcoming gain of mine, is what they mean when they say "past results are not guarantees of future performance"! I should be the benchmark for "there's no where to go but up".

NOW, Shut up Musk! lol

now musk just tanked bitcoin.

There must be something borderline illegal about Musk doing all of this, right? If he was manipulating traditional stock prices this way (while holding them) certainly he'd fall under some sort of scrutiny.

I mean, he's able to buy and sell Dogecoin knowing he's about to say X on SNL in a few hours. He's free to do whatever with his holdings of Bitcoin hours and days before he announces that Tesla will no longer accept Bitcoin, knowing this will send the price tumbling.

There must be something borderline illegal about Musk doing all of this, right? If he was manipulating traditional stock prices this way (while holding them) certainly he'd fall under some sort of scrutiny.

I mean, he's able to buy and sell Dogecoin knowing he's about to say X on SNL in a few hours. He's free to do whatever with his holdings of Bitcoin hours and days before he announces that Tesla will no longer accept Bitcoin, knowing this will send the price tumbling.
You would think. I know nothing about that area of law. Zip

One more argument that will be used in favor of regulation.

I think the Anti-BTC jag he's been on is more SEC related than anything else. He's been selling it off the balance sheet and now not accepting it. How do you book revenue with "fake currency" in the eyes of regulators?

I'm probably completely wrong, but it's fun to wear the foil once in a while.

Yea, I'm not into trading meme coins, dog/cat/animal coins. When high schoolers think it's cool and can influence it through tik tok that's a sign to stay the **** away. If you're looking to make a quick buck sure it can work but you're asking for trouble. I have to review the crypto thread I started, but I'm pretty sure I talked about Matic/Polygon. Glad to hear @Baller23Boogie is doing well with it. Last Sunday was a signficant day for Matic as it finally hit $1.00. I sold off a bag from my trading stack and I'm completely using house money. I have over 1 million staked shares earning me a passive income. More Matic is becoming staked so my percetage of rewards has gone down but it's still north of 15% apy which over a year would be at least 150,000 additional shares X price. You can do the math.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I think the Anti-BTC jag he's been on is more SEC related than anything else. He's been selling it off the balance sheet and now not accepting it. How do you book revenue with "fake currency" in the eyes of regulators?

Good for him. Stick it to the SEC. I'm tired of those bastards dominating football like they do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT