ADVERTISEMENT

Entire Mens BB Team on Campus as of today...

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
...how effing cool is that? Fair to say there hasn't been a more anticipated Season in recent IU history, at least not since the year CZ arrived. Feels a bit like a perfect storm of possibility with coaching, players, scheduling and facilities all entering a new and higher stage. Hard perhaps not to get caught up in predictions about what will and will not be WRT the Season, but nigh impossible to be anything but excited about watching IU play this year or anything other than supremely confident that the quality of play and results will be beyond anything in recent memory.

Can almost hear opening night at HH and for IU's home games - "Please welcome your 2018 Indiana Hoosiers!" And the crowd goes wild - looking forward to it/them/us staying that way. GO IU!

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports...-with-indiana-basketball-gets-underway-today/

Making a video of freshmen walking to their dorms has to be one of the dumbest ideas ever.

I'm getting pretty tired of the needless hype. Parade grand marshall, interviews constantly. Highlights of every move they make, and endless podcasts about nothing.

Tired of it. Get in the gym and start learning how to play defense. That is what Indiana Basketball is. Glad you made it, now get on with it. Nothing we haven't seen before.

It's a long way from poofy hair to National Champs. Best someone tell them that asap.

TF is that minimizing self-aggrandization is a must if you want the drive and focus to win at a high level. That is the point I am making. That goes for players, media, staff, etc. It is time to focus. Making them feel like super stars on arrival is the exact opposite of what is needed.

What I find strange is if my math is right...these guy's parents were knocking boots back when the dot com bubble was about to pop, the world was freaking out about Y2K, George W was considered a joke candidate that had no shot at beating Gore and Bob Knight was getting put on zero tolerance.

The 1990's might as well be the 1890's to them.

Doesn't seem 18 years ago to me.

Making a video of freshmen walking to their dorms has to be one of the dumbest ideas ever.

I'm getting pretty tired of the needless hype. Parade grand marshall, interviews constantly. Highlights of every move they make, and endless podcasts about nothing.

Tired of it. Get in the gym and start learning how to play defense. That is what Indiana Basketball is. Glad you made it, now get on with it. Nothing we haven't seen before.

It's a long way from poofy hair to National Champs. Best someone tell them that asap.

It was their first day. The needless hype exists for the same reason this forum exists. You and I are the problem there, not some 18 year old kids.

we'd never ever lose if you and IUSCOTT were coaches.

did you know IUSCOTT once jammed his finger during a one-on-one game with his little sister and he ended up biting this finger off rather than try to pull it back out and miss a few minutes?

You bros are clearly cut from the same cloth!

Its called marketing. The program is doing what they can to sell the program to recruits, and fans that haven't had a lot to cheer about in the last couple of years.

This video shows those who don't follow the program closely that the team is assembling on campus and beginning their work in the classroom and in the gym. I like the poofy hair. It makes them look taller.

I like they are being welcomed and introduced to the fans.

Last edited:

Your either old, clueless or you must not follow the team much. Archie said over a year ago the IUBB was going to be at the leaders when using social media. It 100% helps with recruiting and I for one am glad its happening

This is the 21st century. It isn’t the age of getting up at 5 am to shoot baskets on a goal nailed to the side of a farmhouse before feeding the hogs, milking the cows and then heading off to school. Elite prospects want to go to a program that is hip, with modern facilities, etc. And they still understand the importance of hard work. All I have heard from these recruits is how they want to get better in every facet of the game. Romeo said he was going to live in the gym this summer. Archie will make sure they work.

200.gif

You obviously didn't see Romeo's video of being in the gym... oh and

297.png

Word. Well known fact among D-1 coaches (and fashion consultants) that 'poofiness' is synonymous with sloth, lack of discipline and failure. Any student of history knows that buzzcuts = championships.
Could be worse. Could be cornrows.

LOL Sooooo angry.....wow. No fun, all angst. It's quite OK for them to have fun and enjoy their experience. They are putting in the hard work so I don't know how you get off feeling like you can assume they aren't? They deserve to be, oh I don't know, kids.

TF is that minimizing self-aggrandization is a must if you want the drive and focus to win at a high level. That is the point I am making. That goes for players, media, staff, etc. It is time to focus. Making them feel like super stars on arrival is the exact opposite of what is needed.

Damn kids and their skateboarding and MTV. Next time that baseball comes onto my property, I'm keeping it!

You get that they are on campus and it's summer? Right? They could be on break and enjoying the vacation, but they're not. They've given up vacation to work, and you complain about them doing exactly what you want them to do. Odd ...

And I still don't get what the poofiness of hair has to do with anything. They're not male models.

Last edited:
It has more to do with media than the kids, though my poofy hair comment seems to have struck a nerve. Probably should have said "mix tape" instead.

The distractions with the ridiculous amount of praise heaped on these guys is unhealthy and doesn't pay dividends. Archie needs to cut off these idiots who spend every waking moment trying to lure more subscribers. Poor journalism. How many articles about Romeo signing autographs for 5yr olds do we need?

Reactions: gelesen
It has more to do with media than the kids, though my poofy hair comment seems to have struck a nerve. Probably should have said "mix tape" instead.

The distractions with the ridiculous amount of praise heaped on these guys is unhealthy and doesn't pay dividends. Archie needs to cut off these idiots who spend every waking moment trying to lure more subscribers. Poor journalism. How many articles about Romeo signing autographs for 5yr olds do we need?

Just stop. It's only getting worse.

When you are in a hole, stop digging!

Romeo would appear to be a kid with high character. I don't see why it is a bad thing for Romeo or the program to let people know that.

These players have been told how great they are from the minute they had success in basketball. A video showing them on campus is not a ridiculous amount of praise. I've seen a group picture in past years when the recruits arrive. I don't see the video any different or harmful.

Reactions: IUgradman
The distractions with the ridiculous amount of praise heaped on these guys is unhealthy and doesn't pay dividends.

I'd call BS except this opinion's provenance is simian rather than bovine.

Not an incoming Player at IU that hasn't been repeatedly beaten, schooled, embarrassed, etc. on a basketball court, and all of them are about to get thrown into the deep(er) end of the pool. The reality of that situation and the accompanying and repeated experience of intense humility is going to set in as soon as they start practicing alongside their veteran D-1 Teammates if it hasn't already. Trust that Coach Miller and Staff won't have any problem dealing with the phantom consequences of allegedly "ridiculous" and "unhealthy" praise.

Im going with CLUELESS after this post

Reactions: Lucy01
So, the man on the IU college basketball forum site in JUNE is complaining about too many articles written about the subject he is clearly seeking out in his free time?..........................I’m sure when Archie asks the new guys to complete basketball related tasks this summer, they’ll just pull out one of the numerous articles written about them, crumple and throw them in his face, laugh, and then head off for Cafe Pizzaria whilst high five’ing each other and picking out their poofy manes!

Good thing the poofy hair and video of them arriving on campus didn't stop them from getting to work right away.

Reactions: IUgradman
Jerome sure looks like he's working hard. That's a Sean Miller level of sweat.

I am happy to see all of the players on campus and already working on preparing for the upcoming season!
I love to see the Freshman players all arriving on same day, it looks like they are a Team. Organized and ready to go! Archie's first recruiting class looks like a major upgrade in talent level and dedication to success. Archie Miller knocked it out of the park on his first swing.

ADVERTISEMENT