ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with the Mod reports...

I have no problem with that, as a moderator. Yesterday, there were about 20 reports in a 20 minute period of time, with each participant reporting every single post. I have moderated various boards here for upwards of 20 years. Yesterday was the first day I had 3 posters hitting "report" on every post. It was actually quite childish.
That has to be so much fun . . . Like dropping a concrete block on your head, 20 times in 20 minutes.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I have no problem with that, as a moderator. Yesterday, there were about 20 reports in a 20 minute period of time, with each participant reporting every single post. I have moderated various boards here for upwards of 20 years. Yesterday was the first day I had 3 posters hitting "report" on every post. It was actually quite childish.
In my day that was called tattletaling. I was taught people don't like tattletalers. This got me thinking about the outside world. Whenever there is a crime do people tell the authorities about it or do they keep quiet? Would there be a correlation between those who tattletale on the internet and tattletale outside of it? It would be an interesting study.

Reactions: Lucy01
I've never reported on anyone. Not even sure how to do it. I've never put anybody on ignore. Not even sure how to do that. I guess either I just don't care enough about nonsense. If people want to be nonsensical it is a free country. Take Walton for instance. I find him to be funny because I don't take him that seriously. Yet others want to get him fired.
Cool story, bro.

I've never reported on anyone. Not even sure how to do it. I've never put anybody on ignore. Not even sure how to do that. I guess either I just don't care enough about nonsense. If people want to be nonsensical it is a free country. Take Walton for instance. I find him to be funny because I don't take him that seriously. Yet others want to get him fired.
I hate to agree with van pastor, sorry man, but that is exactly what I do.

With all due respect, that is a symptom of the state the board is in and exactly what I have tried to fight. I left here last season for the first time since it's inception because it had become a sewer with rival school trolls and Ordfan (then PranksterMary now Birnk) ruling the streets....trashing every thread, telling everyone how stupid they are and how they are not IU grads...such BS. Sadly, it is heading back that way quickly.

There are good boards out there talking IU sports with many differing opinions and they stay that way because the garbage is taken to the curb at least every other week. I have to believe you can ban by IP to keep these idiots from coming back with new usernames.

Bottom line, I know it is annoying, but you have to own a piece of that by allowing the idiots to roam free. I even tried today to reason with ordy and stop the BS. He refused because the BS is the only reason he is here. That much is clear.

Your board...your option.

With all due respect, that is a symptom of the state the board is in and exactly what I have tried to fight. I left here last season for the first time since it's inception because it had become a sewer with rival school trolls and Ordfan (then PranksterMary now Birnk) ruling the streets....trashing every thread, telling everyone how stupid they are and how they are not IU grads...such BS. Sadly, it is heading back that way quickly.

There are good boards out there talking IU sports with many differing opinions and they stay that way because the garbage is taken to the curb at least every other week. I have to believe you can ban by IP to keep these idiots from coming back with new usernames.

Bottom line, I know it is annoying, but you have to own a piece of that by allowing the idiots to roam free. I even tried today to reason with ordy and stop the BS. He refused because the BS is the only reason he is here. That much is clear.

q

Once again, you’re way off base here. Not only have you misidentified me continually, you repeatedly bring up your fictional name for me in virtually every post, regardless of the recipient. Other than pointing out where you’ve made erroneous statements of fact, as well as objecting to your stalking of me, I've done nothing to you. This is about you trying to control everyone’s content and your pushback when your misstatements are corrected. Nothing more, nothing less.

You’re welcome to put me on ignore, which I’ve invited you to do on several occasions. Since it would effectively end your perpetual pursuit of me, you’ve chosen not to. You only have yourself to blame for inflaming a situation. Either stop looking for a fight or follow through and leave the board, as you’ve threatened to do. The rest of us would like to talk basketball. Thanks.

Once again, you’re way off base here. Not only have you misidentified me continually, you repeatedly bring up your fictional name for me in virtually every post, regardless of the recipient. Other than pointing out where you’ve made erroneous statements of fact, as well as objecting to your stalking of me, I've done nothing to you. This is about you trying to control everyone’s content and your pushback when your misstatements are corrected. Nothing more, nothing less.

You’re welcome to put me on ignore, which I’ve invited you to do on several occasions. Since it would effectively end your perpetual pursuit of me, you’ve chosen not to. You only have yourself to blame for inflaming a situation. Either stop looking for a fight or follow through and leave the board, as you’ve threatened to do. The rest of us would like to talk basketball. Thanks.

lol

And I have asked you to put me on ignore and stop responding to me as you swore you would over 1000 troll responses ago.

Happy to put you on ignore, but the threads still get trashed by you and whomever comes here from UK or PU and loves your act.

I have tried to do my part, but you gave me the finger on it because the chaos is why you are here. This is on you...and the mods

Enjoy Sporto.

Last edited:
lol

And I have asked you to put me on ignore and stop responding to me as you swore you would over 1000 troll responses ago.

Happy to put you on ignore, but the threads still get trashed by you and whomever comes here from UK or PU and loves your act.

I have tried to do my part, but you gave me the finger on it because the chaos is why you are here. This is on you...and the mods

Enjoy Sporto.
I’ve never promised any such thing, nor have I responded to you other than to correct factual errors you’ve made. I have repeatedly asked you to put me on ignore, you’ve promised you would, and you’re now promising it yet again. For the sake of these threads that you continue to ruin in your perpetual pursuit of me, keep your word and put me on ignore. The entire board will be grateful.

I’ve never promised any such thing, nor have I responded to you other than to correct factual errors you’ve made. I have repeatedly asked you to put me on ignore, you’ve promised you would, and you’re now promising it yet again. For the sake of these threads that you continue to ruin in your perpetual pursuit of me, keep your word and put me on ignore. The entire board will be grateful.

Sure Ace, the problem is that me putting you on ignore doesn't stop you from doing...well...what you do.

Sure Ace, the problem is that me putting you on ignore doesn't stop you from doing...well...what you do.
You ignoring me means you won’t continue to follow me around, ruining threads in the process. You're not a moderator, self-appointed or otherwise. I realize you wish you were, but you’re not. Just put me on ignore, like your keep promising you will do.

You ignoring me means you won’t continue to follow me around, ruining threads in the process. You're not a moderator, self-appointed or otherwise. I realize you wish you were, but you’re not. Just put me on ignore, like your keep promising you will do.

Before I let you get back to your little act, I do have a question for you one for which I assume I will get no answer...but I have seen dozens ask you over time.

Your entire existence here over the past three or four years that you have been focused on me (it may have gone on before) is based upon this lie...this charade that everyone can see right through. You continue to deny what everyone knows...that you have been banned so many times for trashing this place. You HAVE to know that everyone just looks at you, shakes their head and snickers.

What unmet need(s) of yours does this act address? What do you hope to accomplish by pretending to be someone you clearly are not? And why here? Why me? Above... you did as you have done so many times...copy and use my very words and thoughts back toward me. You claim above that those who feel like they have no power or influence in real life try to create it virtually. This is spot on and I have described you in this very way several times (to several of your now-banned user names). We see people do this while driving...cut someone off because it makes you feel empowered. You claim I am not an alum, ticket holder, booster...why? You claim I have been banned and "exposed"...the numbers prove otherwise...why? You feel the need to somehow discredit anything I post...why?

As I said, I will be shocked if you do anything but deflect and try again to play the victim card here but step up and answer. The board wants to know.

Have an A-1 day.

Before I let you get back to your little act, I do have a question for you one for which I assume I will get no answer...but I have seen dozens ask you over time.

Your entire existence here over the past three or four years that you have been focused on me (it may have gone on before) is based upon this lie...this charade that everyone can see right through. You continue to deny what everyone knows...that you have been banned so many times for trashing this place. You HAVE to know that everyone just looks at you, shakes their head and snickers.

What unmet need(s) of yours does this act address? What do you hope to accomplish by pretending to be someone you clearly are not? And why here? Why me? Above... you did as you have done so many times...copy and use my very words and thoughts back toward me. You claim above that those who feel like they have no power or influence in real life try to create it virtually. This is spot on and I have described you in this very way several times (to several of your now-banned user names). We see people do this while driving...cut someone off because it makes you feel empowered. You claim I am not an alum, ticket holder, booster...why? You claim I have been banned and "exposed"...the numbers prove otherwise...why? You feel the need to somehow discredit anything I post...why?

As I said, I will be shocked if you do anything but deflect and try again to play the victim card here but step up and answer. The board wants to know.

Have an A-1 day.
Brink didn’t wake up and start making attacks, YOU DID!

Have an A-1 day.
I’m not sure what it is about your mental make up that doesn’t allow you to just step away from the massive hole you keep digging for yourself here, but you must be troubled.. You’re literally obsessed with proving some phantom point, all so you can call attention to yourself and create some level of superiority in your mind. Are you truly this in need of attention? On an internet message board? I referred to it yesterday as Little Man’s Syndrome, your outsized need to try and stand in a spotlight and claim relevance so people will pay attention to you. It’s strange and unfortunate.

After it became obvious you were following me around, I only responded to anything you said when it involved factual errors on your part. Otherwise, I haven’t engaged you at all, which hasn’t been difficult since you’ve shown you’re neither interested in or very capable of talking IU basketball in much depth. No worries on that, by the way. But I’ll make a post that isn’t related to you and you’ll immediately initiate confrontation by following me around and posting numbers. Again, it’s really strange behavior.

All the while, I’ve asked you to simply put me on ignore a number of times, you’ve promised to do so, and then you’ve continually chosen to keep stalking me anyway. Unlike you, I don’t whine to the mods or other posters, I just kind of watch you unravel. And you always do. Your rambling post this morning is yet another example.

For the umpteenth time, just put me on ignore, stop ruining threads, and go away.

I’m not sure what it is about your mental make up that doesn’t allow you to just step away from the massive hole you keep digging for yourself here, but you must be troubled.. You’re literally obsessed with proving some phantom point, all so you can call attention to yourself and create some level of superiority in your mind. Are you truly this in need of attention? On an internet message board? I referred to it yesterday as Little Man’s Syndrome, your outsized need to try and stand in a spotlight and claim relevance so people will pay attention to you. It’s strange and unfortunate.

After it became obvious you were following me around, I only responded to anything you said when it involved factual errors on your part. Otherwise, I haven’t engaged you at all, which hasn’t been difficult since you’ve shown you’re neither interested in or very capable of talking IU basketball in much depth. No worries on that, by the way. But I’ll make a post that isn’t related to you and you’ll immediately initiate confrontation by following me around and posting numbers. Again, it’s really strange behavior.

All the while, I’ve asked you to simply put me on ignore a number of times, you’ve promised to do so, and then you’ve continually chosen to keep stalking me anyway. Unlike you, I don’t whine to the mods or other posters, I just kind of watch you unravel. And you always do. Your rambling post this morning is yet another example.

For the umpteenth time, just put me on ignore, stop ruining threads, and go away.
Court is an interesting character, he always says the message boards he posts on always get diluted with trash but then he continues to post on them???? He wants to be a mod BADLY, he imagines himself as a vigilante cleaning up the board with posts he doesn’t like. (by mass reporting) So he can have his own playground. He says people have ran off good posters but in reality, he is the driving force pushing the posters away and off the board.

Yeah, pretty much how i thought you would handle it. It was worth a try to see if you would answer the questions honestly. Instead you deflect. It's ok ordy, we can all go on pointing and snickering at you as you continue this long ago-failed charade. But hey...you have runnin richie and Lucy in your corner...the three musketeers.

Please put me on ignore NOW so you won't get so enraged.

Yeah, pretty much how i thought you would handle it. It was worth a try to see if you would answer the questions honestly. Instead you deflect. It's ok ordy, we can all go on pointing and snickering at you as you continue this long ago-failed charade. But hey...you have runnin richie and Lucy in your corner...the three musketeers.

Please put me on ignore NOW so you won't get so enraged.
It goes on and on and on, just as I knew it would. Sorry, but your need for relevance and validation isn’t going to be satisfied here. Just stop stalking and put me on ignore, as you committed to do many, many times. Your tired act is . . . tiring. Nobody here wants to continue view this nonsense from you. Please just go away. Thanks, from all of us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT