ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with the Mod reports...

but-wait-theres-more.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01 and Brockway
We don't need to see a new report every time someone sneezes

Poor baby. The Mods ignore Ordfan poisoning this place for months after being banned a dozen+ times and now you're complaining about a little dumpster fire? To us?! Priceless.

This place has been rotting for months so be assured that whatever problem it is you're whining about, it's you and your gang that allowed it to come to this.

Last edited:
Poor baby. The Mods ignore Ordfan poisoning this place for months after being banned a dozen+ times and now you're complaining about a little dumpster fire? To us?! Priceless.

This place has been rotting for months so be assured that whatever problem it is you're complaining about, it's you and your gang that allowed it to come to this.
Years

This place has been rotting for months so be assured that whatever problem it is you're complaining about, it's you and your gang that allowed it to come to this.

This post has been reported

The next time you pass a mirror, stop and look for awhile.

Reactions: Lucy01

Blaming the good posters here for reflecting the condition of the forum?

Seriously?

If the mods kept up with the BS trolls here the reporting would be minimal and this place would not be a sewer.

I have been told the reason Ordy comes back time and again after being banned for boorish behavior is that you can't ban by IP. I question that honestly.

Do what you want, but if you don't like this place...clean it up.

Maybe don't be a moderator if you can't handle the position? You should also look for some people who actually do want to act as a moderator on the forums. That's a crazy concept, I know. You guys are pretty much nonexistent on this board so it's gotten to the point where there's lots of trolls thus lots of reports. Good job.

Maybe don't be a moderator if you can't handle the position? You should also look for some people who actually do want to act as a moderator on the forums. That's a crazy concept, I know. You guys are pretty much nonexistent on this board so it's gotten to the point where there's lots of trolls thus lots of reports. Good job.
The challenges are several, but it goes beyond the UK and PU people who want to show up and create havoc. Unfortunately, it’s clear that there are some veteran posters here who want to rigidly dictate what can and can’t be posted, and they’re intolerant of viewpoints that deviate from their narratives. To them, anything that doesn’t reflect their worldview is a “troll”, and they complain and stalk and generally stomp around because they don’t want to share the space with others. Most don’t offer much in the way of IU basketball insight, either, but instead focus their efforts on “policing”. It’s vigilantism run amok, and it isn’t attractive. Just my $.02.

Sorry, I am failing to understand some of this.
What reports do we mean?
I agree a little more civility and a little less name calling would be nice.
Regarding banning and allowing back in under a new name; we put a man on the moon 51 years ago. I think we could ban by IP address.

The challenges are several, but it goes beyond the UK and PU people who want to show up and create havoc. Unfortunately, it’s clear that there are some veteran posters here who want to rigidly dictate what can and can’t be posted, and they’re intolerant of viewpoints that deviate from their narratives. To them, anything that doesn’t reflect their worldview is a “troll”, and they complain and stalk and generally stomp around because they don’t want to share the space with others. Most don’t offer much in the way of IU basketball insight, either, but instead focus their efforts on “policing”. It’s vigilantism run amok, and it isn’t attractive. Just my $.02.
So true!

Sorry, I am failing to understand some of this.
What reports do we mean?
I agree a little more civility and a little less name calling would be nice.
Regarding banning and allowing back in under a new name; we put a man on the moon 51 years ago. I think we could ban by IP address.

One would think...but I am told they cannot which is how we get this guy:

Ordfan, Kern County, IUDanapoint, Helen Dell, Bobsnotbucks, Ewezerfan, Prankster Mary, The Spa,
I love Lucys, wysoc, Larrysmyname, Frederika James, Brink....plus several I have long forgotten

It’s really strange, but thats what you see pretty regularly from a few here. Interestingly, they rarely want to talk about IU basketball and, when they do, it’s obvious why they’re so hesitant to engage substantively. Have never understood why they’re so afraid of other’s opinions, though. But they’re here to censor others and they ruin threads and chase away actual contributors as a result.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Not fooled. It is a fair statement whether or not it is who you think it may be. I could name a few here that fit the billing.

The sentiment is correct, the source is the laughable part. Desperate attempt to appear reasonable.

What I think most of us want here is a place to discuss IU athletics with fans and rivals that is open to differing opinions without the constant name calling and trashing of threads that we see, particularly from this guy. A place where we can teach...and be taught. A place to celebrate as well as criticize when appropriate. If you knew the number of good posters that have given up and gone elsewhere, you would be shocked. This place used to be full of knowledgeable fans sharing thoughts and even arguing facts, it was awesome.

I will continue to fight to keep get it back where it was and that includes calling out the trolls. If this guy acted like he is right now all the time...awesome...welcome.

But we know better.

Not fooled. It is a fair statement whether or not it is who you think it may be. I could name a few here that fit the billing.
It’s an interesting phenomenon. People who lack authority and influence in the real world try to find it in the anonymous universe that is the WWW. Kind of digital version of little man’s syndrome. But, hey, we got a game to watch.

It’s an interesting phenomenon. People who lack authority and influence in the real world try to find it in the anonymous universe that is the WWW. Kind of digital version of little man’s syndrome. But, hey, we got a game to watch.

Classic projection

I hope you are truly turning over a new leaf here.

We shall see.

Classic projection

I hope you are truly turning over a new leaf here.

We shall see.
Not sure what you’re talking about (still), but you really should worry much more about yourself and much less about others. We shall see if you’re able or willing to do that.

Not sure what you’re talking about (still), but you really should worry much more about yourself and much less about others. We shall see if you’re able or willing to do that.

Ugh, of course you do

look, I tried.

As has been the case for 25 years here, posters get what they give with me, I am consistent. Your last 985 responses to me have gotten you where we are and you need to own that.

Ball in your court as always.

Ugh, of course you do

look, I tried.

As has been the case for 25 years here, posters get what they give with me, I am consistent. Your last 985 responses to me have gotten you where we are and you need to own that.

Ball in your court as always.
”We” aren’t anywhere, other than you seem to enjoy a position right behind me, hanging on my every post. I’ve corrected you on a couple of occasions when you’ve offered erroneous information bit, otherwise, I really haven’t found much of a reason to respond to anything you post here. Not sure why or what your deal is, but you really do need to worry much more about yourself and much less about everyone else.

”We” aren’t anywhere, other than you seem to enjoy a position right behind me, hanging on my every post. I’ve corrected you on a couple of occasions when you’ve offered erroneous information bit, otherwise, I really haven’t found much of a reason to respond to anything you post here. Not sure why or what your deal is, but you really do need to worry much more about yourself and much less about everyone else.

As I said, with me...you get what you give. Play nice...get nice. 985 shitty responses in a row...you get what you have gotten.

Your choice.

This place has been rotting for months so be assured that whatever problem it is you're whining about, it's you and your gang that allowed it to come to this.

I’ve moderated several sites in the past decade or so, including a “Premium” or “subscriber” site I moderate now.

Irrespective of which environment I’ve been in, I’ve encouraged reporting. It’s the mods’ jobs to then sift through what needs to be dealt with.

If a person doesn't want to be doing that, moderating probably isn’t for them.

As I said, with me...you get what you give. Play nice...get nice. 985 shitty responses in a row...you get what you have gotten.

Your choice.
As I said, my only responses to you have been to correct some erroneous posts you’ve made, but I see little basketball related stuff because you’re too busy worrying about everyone but yourself. Go chase someone else around. It will give some variety.

As I said, my only responses to you have been to correct some erroneous posts you’ve made, but I see little basketball related stuff because you’re too busy worrying about everyone but yourself. Go chase someone else around. It will give some variety.

Not remotely accurate and everyone knows it

I offered an olive branch

your call.

Not remotely accurate and everyone knows it

I offered an olive branch

your call.
It’s completely, totally accurate, in every way. You have no olive branch to offer, let alone need to do it. You’re the troll you rail against, the self appointed moderator you deem necessary so that you can control what people say here, the little man with his very own syndrome. Go find someone else to annoy, or just go away. The rest of us just want to talk hoops. You just want to talk. And talk. And talk.

It’s completely, totally accurate, in every way. You have no olive branch to offer, let alone need to do it. You’re the troll you rail against, the self appointed moderator you deem necessary so that you can control what people say here, the little man with his very own syndrome. Go find someone else to annoy, or just go away. The rest of us just want to talk hoops. You just want to talk. And talk. And talk.

simply

wow

Since you are just trolling here and not discussing

congrats

Last edited:
I’ll still be around, if you know what I mean. Your board gestapo with the leader courtsensetwo has ran off another good poster.

so long.
Can you get over it. I mean the stupid posts with “q” or other inflammatory content makes you a good poster? Take Lucy’s ass with you. Good posters give me a break.

Can you get over it. I mean the stupid posts with “q” or other inflammatory content makes you a good poster? Take Lucy’s ass with you. Good posters give me a break.
Unlike you Vic I am a paying customer and not going anywhere!

I’ve moderated several sites in the past decade or so, including a “Premium” or “subscriber” site I moderate now.

Irrespective of which environment I’ve been in, I’ve encouraged reporting. It’s the mods’ jobs to then sift through what needs to be dealt with.

If a person doesn't want to be doing that, moderating probably isn’t for them.
I have no problem with that, as a moderator. Yesterday, there were about 20 reports in a 20 minute period of time, with each participant reporting every single post. I have moderated various boards here for upwards of 20 years. Yesterday was the first day I had 3 posters hitting "report" on every post. It was actually quite childish.

Reactions: zibby43 and Lucy01
Blaming the good posters here for reflecting the condition of the forum?

Seriously?

If the mods kept up with the BS trolls here the reporting would be minimal and this place would not be a sewer.

I have been told the reason Ordy comes back time and again after being banned for boorish behavior is that you can't ban by IP. I question that honestly.

Do what you want, but if you don't like this place...clean it up.
I've never reported on anyone. Not even sure how to do it. I've never put anybody on ignore. Not even sure how to do that. I guess either I just don't care enough about nonsense. If people want to be nonsensical it is a free country. Take Walton for instance. I find him to be funny because I don't take him that seriously. Yet others want to get him fired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT