ADVERTISEMENT

End Of Baseball Season

MatthewByrne5

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2021
Hey everyone,

With Indiana's baseball season now over and that being the primary sport I covered for the website this spring, I hope you enjoyed my coverage, whether that be articles to live game threads.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to join the IndianaRivals team as a freshman intern. I came in with little experience but have grown tremendously.

I hope I get the opportunity to continue covering IU athletics for the website and remain a part of the team. If that does not happen, it's been a blast.

With that being said, the 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament is about to get underway, so I can't wait for some exhilarating college baseball. What team are you rooting for?

Hey everyone,

With Indiana's baseball season now over and that being the primary sport I covered for the website this spring, I hope you enjoyed my coverage, whether that be articles to live game threads.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to join the IndianaRivals team as a freshman intern. I came in with little experience but have grown tremendously.

I hope I get the opportunity to continue covering IU athletics for the website and remain a part of the team. If that does not happen, it's been a blast.

With that being said, the 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament is about to get underway, so I can't wait for some exhilarating college baseball. What team are you rooting for?
Thank you, appreciate your efforts. I would like to see the B1G teams do well and will root for the Sycamores but they have a tough row to hoe.

If you could encourage the site to try to share what summer league teams Hoosier players sign with as well as draft and signing status of current eligible players and potential incoming freshmen. At the risk of being ridiculous I will go wild and ask for insight into what seems a regular question with IU Baseball. Who look to be the 1st and 2nd string catchers for next season?

Best of luck to you as you pursue your degree.

I thought you did a very good job covering the team/games. This is the first time that they have had someone dedicated to the baseball team and that's very appreciative by me and probably others. At this point in the season, I would hate to speculate on who would be on the field at the start of next season. There will be additions/subtractions to the team during the off season, and as far as the freshmen coming in, I just don't know who will be ready to step in there and be an immediate contributor. I have a suspicion that we may have a few transfers coming in. As far as the B1G overall, we don't know how much damage the MLB draft will be to rosters, although we have a pretty good idea of the top players that may leave for the pros like, Povich of Nebraska, who was the B1G Pitcher of the Year. As far as the tournament goes, I will continue to pull for the B1G teams to go deep, since their success helps the image of the B1G, which in turns help us. I really don't care about any of the other teams that are in the field.

Hey everyone,

Excellent coverage. Much appreciated. Go Hoosiers!

I thought you did a very good job covering the team/games. This is the first time that they have had someone dedicated to the baseball team and that's very appreciative by me and probably others. At this point in the season, I would hate to speculate on who would be on the field at the start of next season. There will be additions/subtractions to the team during the off season, and as far as the freshmen coming in, I just don't know who will be ready to step in there and be an immediate contributor. I have a suspicion that we may have a few transfers coming in. As far as the B1G overall, we don't know how much damage the MLB draft will be to rosters, although we have a pretty good idea of the top players that may leave for the pros like, Povich of Nebraska, who was the B1G Pitcher of the Year. As far as the tournament goes, I will continue to pull for the B1G teams to go deep, since their success helps the image of the B1G, which in turns help us. I really don't care about any of the other teams that are in the field.
Ptrich thanks to you too. Excellent posts. Made it fun and informative. Go Hoosiers!

Hey everyone,

I’ll certainly keep tabs on former IU guys in the tournament. So the Arizona State series I’ll watch, and of course Mississippi State. Also probably keep an eye on the ND series as that regional is paired up with Mississippi State. That Lubbock regional looks very competitive too, Texas Tech, UCLA, and North Carolina. Should be a fun one. I encourage all the IU fans to watch some games, it’s great to see other teams play styles and execution.

Great job, Matthew. I had my doubts when you proclaimed your love for the Mets, but you were able to overcome that and do a fantastic job. 😝

I hope you're able to come back in a full time capacity at some point as a stepping stone for your career. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: MatthewByrne5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT