ADVERTISEMENT

Emotional Izzo Strikes Again....

Great coaching w response by his players.
Saw his team needed him to light them up and he did it...ratjer than watch it extend to 17 or 20+....

Oh...on the good end of it...nvrmnd

Last edited:
Can’t stand Izzo but like this effort. Wondering if he’s worried 5 star parents won’t want their kids to play there now. Yes that’s sarcasm.

Reactions: VanHoosier
Can’t stand Izzo but like this effort. Wondering if he’s worried 5 star parents won’t want their kids to play there now. Yes that’s sarcasm.
Yea right players don’t care that a head coach drops f-bombs on their kids, but seem to really care what an idiot like myself says about them on a stupid message board, has to b the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard for not getting a recruit

Can you imagine the outcry of contempt is that had been Knight verbally abusing his boy like that? Izzo acts as if he has no self-control. How much longer is Michigan State going to condone bullying by looking the other way? That's not anywhere close to being considered acceptable behavior in today's world of Snowflakes.

Can you imagine the outcry of contempt is that had been Knight verbally abusing his boy like that? Izzo acts as if he has no self-control. How much longer is Michigan State going to condone bullying by looking the other way? That's not anywhere close to being considered acceptable behavior in today's world of Snowflakes.
Nah - Im pretty weak to acceptable coaching/teaching practices these days...but use whatever words you want...keep your hands off a kid though.

Penn St coach gave a light shove...but still shoved a player out of anger/frustration...that is crossing the line.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
My freshman high school coach would grab us by the top of our jersey and throw us halfway across the court. Never thought anything of it. Guess times change.

I recommend that no matter how lazy you play, how many fundamentals you screw up, that you continue to start every game. The bench never motivated anyone.

I’ve decided to attend Kentucky because that asshole victorbear says mean things about the current IU players over at the retarded Peegs free board!!! You can’t b serious right
First of all this isnt Peegs, that place is a ghost town. You could call every player and coach a mfer and it would probably take 4 hours to take down the post here. You call a coach a wierdo on Peegs and you are blacklisted for 2 weeks. 2nd of all this Forum is probably not getting much attention from recruits, I dont think. Our major issue is some of the idiots on twitter are spouting stupid stuff at our players, recruits, Brooks, Brooks dad, and Brooks mom. Brook's mom is going after these idiots. She is going to be unpleasantly surprised next season when UK loses a few games here or there nevermind 12 out of 13. I hope its an eye opening experience for her that the IU fans are saints compared to the BBN hilljacks

Nah - Im pretty weak to acceptable coaching/teaching practices these days...but use whatever words you want...keep your hands off a kid though.

Penn St coach gave a light shove...but still shoved a player out of anger/frustration...that is crossing the line.
I guess I'm just a student of the Bob Knight Old School of Hard Knocks - kick the shit out of my son if that's what it takes to make a man out of him. Now, understand something...I used to have my legs whipped with a belt until red welts formed....well, one time anyway -that's all it took. Another time I wouldn't fess up to dad about something I said. He made me go find a switch from a tree and bring it to him so he could whoop my ass. I fessed up before he ever got the chance. That, my friend, is called discipline. Coaches (in all walks of life) wouldn't have all the problems they have today with kids if the pansies of the world weren't dictating how they need to behave. Knight was no bully-he was just trying to get his point across in no uncertain terms. Put on your dress with high heels tonight and man-up, Sweetie!

First of all this isnt Peegs, that place is a ghost town. You could call every player and coach a mfer and it would probably take 4 hours to take down the post here. You call a coach a wierdo on Peegs and you are blacklisted for 2 weeks. 2nd of all this Forum is probably not getting much attention from recruits, I dont think. Our major issue is some of the idiots on twitter are spouting stupid stuff at our players, recruits, Brooks, Brooks dad, and Brooks mom. Brook's mom is going after these idiots. She is going to be unpleasantly surprised next season when UK loses a few games here or there nevermind 12 out of 13. I hope its an eye opening experience for her that the IU fans are saints compared to the BBN hilljacks
I guess I'm just a student of the Bob Knight Old School of Hard Knocks - kick the shit out of my son if that's what it takes to make a man out of him. Now, understand something...I used to have my legs whipped with a belt until red welts formed....well, one time anyway -that's all it took. Another time I wouldn't fess up to dad about something I said. He made me go find a switch from a tree and bring it to him so he could whoop my ass. I fessed up before he ever got the chance. That, my friend, is called discipline. Coaches (in all walks of life) wouldn't have all the problems they have today with kids if the pansies of the world weren't dictating how they need to behave. Knight was no bully-he was just trying to get his point across in no uncertain terms. Put on your dress with high heels tonight and man-up, Sweetie!

You mean like this guy man is this funny

So what it obviously works.
Not it doesn't! This bullshit is not why they win. The #1 reason they win is recruiting players like Miles Bridges, Josh Jackson, & the like.This foaming at the mouth, screaming at players does NOT work, in fact, in this day & age of PC softy society, & I hope Izzo continues this crap becasue it will begin to cost him sooner or later. & don't say
he's always done this", because he hasn't done this throughout his career, not to this degree, like he has lately. Perhaps he's off his meds, Or on them.

Reactions: ericrossiu
My freshman high school coach would grab us by the top of our jersey and throw us halfway across the court. Never thought anything of it. Guess times change.
Your coach probably saw the infamous photo of Knight grabbing Wisman by the jersey after a particularly bad play of his. As I recall, Jim's mother later was quoted, "I would have done the same thing-get him outta there!" Parents keep an attorney on retainer for moments such as this today.

I remember a kid's dad yelling at me in my health care business, "Don't you yell at my son!". I replied, "Well, somebody needs to!" This kid was a total mess behaviorally and he knew it.

Yes, I can. It would read like this:

Yes, I can. It would read like this:
And when Izzo stops winning at the same high rate of expectations he’s created, the fans and media will turn on him. It will start with his behavior and comes with aged whispers of whether or not the game has passed him by. Spartan fans won’t be as satisfied and the media will see to it that it is piled on high.

I’ve decided to attend Kentucky because that asshole victorbear says mean things about the current IU players over at the retarded Peegs free board!!! You can’t b serious right
Come on over to rafters victorbear. Your takes may not be celebrated over here, but you would be treated like a god with your negativity against iu over there. Plus you would be more welcomed there than here for sure bring your boy fpeaugh with you

Wish I saw a bit of this fire from AM this year.
I wouldn't be surprised if CAM gets a little testier as the seasons mount. I know there has to be more to him than what we've seen to date. Right now, just some animation of sorts might be nice for a change. I think he's still wound pretty tight, but sooner or later, something has to give.

Reactions: cryano
It was probably because he had cut you and you were too damn stupid to know it. He was just trying to get you out of his practice.

Reactions: abraxis
Such an intelligent post. I enjoy a good zing, even at my expense. But yours lacks any type of creativity or humor. Try a little harder next time. And based off of your forum name I’ll assume you’re an old woman who likes younger men.

LOL...that brought back memories...I had similar "Knight-inspired" coaches...one kicked my in the arse...literally. I will say this...as tough as my coaches could be...my dad was tough on me...

And when Izzo stops winning at the same high rate of expectations he’s created, the fans and media will turn on him. It will start with his behavior and comes with aged whispers of whether or not the game has passed him by. Spartan fans won’t be as satisfied and the media will see to it that it is piled on high.

The fans already know he is a rape enabler and it doesn't seem to bother them, so I don't think some yelling is going to sway them.

Reactions: Indy Fred
Your coach probably saw the infamous photo of Knight grabbing Wisman by the jersey after a particularly bad play of his. As I recall, Jim's mother later was quoted, "I would have done the same thing-get him outta there!" Parents keep an attorney on retainer for moments such as this today.

I remember a kid's dad yelling at me in my health care business, "Don't you yell at my son!". I replied, "Well, somebody needs to!" This kid was a total mess behaviorally and he knew it.

I think you put the cart before the horse, just my opinion. I think Knight stopped winning becasue of the antics, society passed him by & he wasn't willing to adapt. Players no longer resoonded to the disciplinarian style, PC happened. Well, they no longer responded favorably, I should say. Right around the Charlie Miller, Andre Patterson era, mid 90's. We all know when.

Yea right players don’t care that a head coach drops f-bombs on their kids, but seem to really care what an idiot like myself says about them on a stupid message board, has to b the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard for not getting a recruit
At least you finally admitted that you are an idiot. Identifying and addressing the problem is a good 1st step. Good for you.

I think you put the cart before the horse, just my opinion. I think Knight stopped winning becasue of the antics, society passed him by & he wasn't willing to adapt. Players no longer resoonded to the disciplinarian style, PC happened. Well, they no longer responded favorably, I should say. Right around the Charlie Miller, Andre Patterson era, mid 90's. We all know when.
Knight’s antics never changed. The perception of his antics by others is what changed. The media slowly and methodically mounted an attack on him such that the more casual fan only read the negative, much of what we call today “fake news.” One infamous example-People were led to believe Neil Reed’s eyes bulged out as he thought he was taking his last breath from Knight’s maniacal death grip to the jugulars.

Knight had a few more tourney upsets than IU fans were accustomed to. Parity in teams was starting to be seen at that time due to AAU play, scholarship limitations, gimmicky long shots, speeded up games, etc, designed to “level the playing field.” Your other statement is false...”players no longer responded to the disciplined coaching”. Many players still did and would to this day. Only certain players couldn’t tolerate his high demands. The media’s reaction to these relatively few complainers are what now made headlines and it made it more difficult on Knight, plus he sensed the new administration no longer supported him over these disgruntled defectors and traitors.

If there is one thing we learned about Bob Knight, you do not want to get the man pissed off. Myles Brand, as leader of the IU administration did just that! That egotistical act of Brand’s is still costing our university money and prestige to this day.

A long novel will someday be written, The Rise And Fall of IU Basketball-The Enigma of Robert M. Knight. Unfortunately for IU fans, the story, not yet finished, is still being written with no end in sight.

I played college football on scholarship. I bet very few of you in this thread did anything close to that athletically. That shit Izzo pulled doesn't fly. If I were recruiting against him I'd show that clip to every recruit and ask them if that's what they want for 4 years?

I had a position coach in college try to get physical with me in practice. He challenged me and tried to relive his glory days, without pads, against me as a blocker in a drill. I knocked the shit out of him. Bloodied his nose too by putting my facemask right into his face. It felt amazing and he never pulled that mess again. Everyone in my position group loved it. He was a bully and he couldn't back it up when push literally came to shove. Demanding excellence doesn't mean belittling, demeaning, or dehumanizing people. I wish Henry would've pushed back. Whether it's a boss or a coach, you only get to push people so hard until people push back.

Also, nothing will happen to him. As stated above, he's a rape enabler. He's also a big winner and a cash cow, so he's totally protected. Just like Knight was until he started losing.

Reactions: baileyiu
Wish I saw a bit of this fire from AM this year.

I suspect Miller is very calculated in his reactions. You can't be a hard disciplinarian before you establish a winning tradition, people today won't stand for it.

As already said about Izzo and Knight, once you become a consistent winner, people will over look your antics.

Miller is still in the dating phase with players and recruits parents so he has to contain himself.

I played college football on scholarship. I bet very few of you in this thread did anything close to that athletically. That shit Izzo pulled doesn't fly. If I were recruiting against him I'd show that clip to every recruit and ask them if that's what they want for 4 years?

I had a position coach in college try to get physical with me in practice. He challenged me and tried to relive his glory days, without pads, against me as a blocker in a drill. I knocked the shit out of him. Bloodied his nose too by putting my facemask right into his face. It felt amazing and he never pulled that mess again. Everyone in my position group loved it. He was a bully and he couldn't back it up when push literally came to shove. Demanding excellence doesn't mean belittling, demeaning, or dehumanizing people. I wish Henry would've pushed back. Whether it's a boss or a coach, you only get to push people so hard until people push back.

Also, nothing will happen to him. As stated above, he's a rape enabler. He's also a big winner and a cash cow, so he's totally protected. Just like Knight was until he started losing.

https://deadspin.com/tom-izzo-isnt-sorry-for-having-to-be-restrained-from-go-1833489529

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard

You're corect, the perception--the REception of his antics changed, no doubt about it. I agree with you, so does, & did kids now & in the mid 90's & on. The problem is(was), what to do about it? Ask society to change, or ask 1 person to change? It's Indiana University, not Bob Knight University. That was my take, but IU trumps(?too soon?)him, in my book.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
:D:D:D:D Wall is slowing becoming one of my favorite posters here..
I try to have fun over here I see the two negative posters here. We have them at rafters but aren’t nearly as negative. Peaugh and his comment about iu letting tjd out of his loi might be the dumbest comment I’ve ever heard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT