ADVERTISEMENT

Emery Simmons to IU

According to a couple of sources, his only offer in addition to Indiana is from East Carolina.
Notre Dame really liked this kid also. They hadn't offered but they were recruiting him pretty hard. So were North and South Carolina. I suspect offers would have come eventually. It's still pretty early for bigger schools to offer 3 stars because they are aiming at 4s and 5s, but this kid is very solid. We got a good prospect early.

Notre Dame really liked this kid also. They hadn't offered but they were recruiting him pretty hard. So were North and South Carolina. I suspect offers would have come eventually. It's still pretty early for bigger schools to offer 3 stars because they are aiming at 4s and 5s, but this kid is very solid. We got a good prospect early.
I’m sure they’ll offer at some point if he’s that quality of player. When did you see him play? Anything about his game that stood out to you?

I’m sure they’ll offer at some point if he’s that quality of player. When did you see him play? Anything about his game that stood out to you?
I haven't seen him in person, but just watched a lot of tape on him. Highlights can be deceiving sometimes, but what has stood out to me most is his ability to track a ball from throw to catch and position his body to be able to high point himself. Kind of a unique ability as you don't always see that in high school ball. Also like his ability to fight for balls and his willingness to block.

Solid 3 star prospect. Not an elite athlete but has some interesting intangibles that will make him a solid player in think (barring unforeseen issues).

He’s a good player. He appears to have the biggest upside as a route runner and ball catcher. He plays with his feet under him at all times which allows him to change directions on a dime. As crossfire eluded to above, he prioritizes catching the ball. When the ball is in the air he always makes sure to gather himself to make a play in the ball. He does not have elite speed or explosion, but has a body that could improve in those areas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT