ADVERTISEMENT

Elephant in the room

All I'm gonna say is I think you need some serious help if that's the conclusion you take away from that game, please call mental health services and get the help you need, but don't fill up the forum page with garbage commentary.

What is false about that statement? What big game has Allen showed up in?

Penn St? Wow. It took coaching malpractice from James Franklin (shocking) to win that game and IU still tried to give it away.

He beat a depleted Wisconsin team coming off a 4-5 week COVID break but to date is the only team he’s beaten with a winning record.

Allen is 1-2 against Purdue and barely squeaked out the lone win in a game that had no business being close and he’s been hilariously outcoached in both bowl games. Fickell coached circles around Allen yesterday.

If you read the original post, this wasn’t a fire Allen rant. He’s in year 1 of a big contract. Instead it was a get your head out of your ass and wake up post.

I’m curious to know what your concluding thoughts are of yesterday’s game? Cincinnati wasn’t a superior team, they simply executed better while IU once again wilted. Turnovers, penalties, and lack of execution all fall under lack of preparedness. That 100% falls on the coaching staff. Allen runs the show.

What is false about that statement? What big game has Allen showed up in?

Penn St? Wow. It took coaching malpractice from James Franklin (shocking) to win that game and IU still tried to give it away.

He beat a depleted Wisconsin team coming off a 4-5 week COVID break but to date is the only team he’s beaten with a winning record.

Allen is 1-2 against Purdue and barely squeaked out the lone win in a game that had no business being close and he’s been hilariously outcoached in both bowl games. Fickell coached circles around Allen yesterday.

If you read the original post, this wasn’t a fire Allen rant. He’s in year 1 of a big contract. Instead it was a get your head out of your ass and wake up post.

I’m curious to know what your concluding thoughts are of yesterday’s game? Cincinnati wasn’t a superior team, they simply executed better while IU once again wilted. Turnovers, penalties, and lack of execution all fall under lack of preparedness. That 100% falls on the coaching staff. Allen runs the show.
He wasn't outcoached yesterday, he was outexecuted, Penix is a seperate issue, you can't blame CTA for being less involved in the offense than the defense, and the defense has given up 20, 14, and 24 points(kickoff return touchdown, and pick down to the 10 yard line), the offense is a problem, but honestly a lot of that was execution, the one coaching decision I was not a fan of was the going for it on 4th down, and essentially just trying to catch cincy off guard.

I also think you don't seem to understand how important building a culture is, especially at a program like Indiana where there is no football culture or traditions. I do wish that Tom Allen would find someone to pass the reigns to on offense, but your high if you think that defense hasn't been one of the most well coached in the country over the last 3 seasons, talent wise, they should be significantly worse. Now I am going to crap on the Indiana program so get ready.

In your delusional world where CTA gets fired, who in their right mind do you think would want to take over. Indiana is on the rise with CTA, but nothing is established yet, we are still with Kansas, Rutgers, and Wake Forest as a program, no one would want to take the job of someone who was beloved by most Hoosier fans, for a program that has never even tasted success. You sound like a Nebraska fan right now, they all claim their program should be more successful but they've in turn downgraded their program by having these delusional expectations about their own program. If CTA were to retire tomorrow, Indiana would still be a bottom tier job in the power 5, and this program would take a massive step back.

Take a step back and realize Indiana is 1-2, it's just 3 games, yesterday's issues were execution of our players more than anything, and they were outcoached in 1 of their 3 games, but to be fair they were playing a team currently in the top five in the AP poll, so I will cut them some slack, and you are out here just looking at ways to chip away at CTA's resume because of their current record, after playing two top ten teams to open the year. Your points on the bowl games are idiotic, Ole Miss and Tennessee are far more talented than Indiana, Tennessee was a pathetic choke, but I have no problem with how the Ole Miss game turned out given we were missing circa 2021 Penix. PU's comeback was more about our guys letting their foot off the gas than Jeff Brohm actually outcoaching CTA.

I have plenty of criticism for CTA too, the offense needs to improve and we can't have so much sloppy execution on both side of the ball and on special teams, but you should not say "Tom Allen is the problem" that is just ridiculous because frankly Indiana would be lucky to hire some HC out of a GO5 school or an assistant at a low tier power 5 school. If you want to point out CTA's flaws, that's fine, but you need to frame it so you are understanding the value he brings to this program and that's not something I am getting from you at all in your last two messages.

He wasn't outcoached yesterday, he was outexecuted, Penix is a seperate issue, you can't blame CTA for being less involved in the offense than the defense, and the defense has given up 20, 14, and 24 points(kickoff return touchdown, and pick down to the 10 yard line), the offense is a problem, but honestly a lot of that was execution, the one coaching decision I was not a fan of was the going for it on 4th down, and essentially just trying to catch cincy off guard.

Lol. That’s literally coaching. The team who executes better is literally the team who is more mentally prepared. That’s what Tom Allen gets paid to do. That fast that he got outexecuted yesterday means he got outcoached. Have you ever played a sport?

I also think you don't seem to understand how important building a culture is, especially at a program like Indiana where there is no football culture or traditions. I do wish that Tom Allen would find someone to pass the reigns to on offense, but your high if you think that defense hasn't been one of the most well coached in the country over the last 3 seasons, talent wise, they should be significantly worse. Now I am going to crap on the Indiana program so get ready.

Building a culture is one thing, X’s and O’s is another. The first doesn’t matter in the long run if the second part doesn’t hold true. Tom Allen has been schooled this year.

In your delusional world where CTA gets fired, who in their right mind do you think would want to take over. Indiana is on the rise with CTA, but nothing is established yet, we are still with Kansas, Rutgers, and Wake Forest as a program, no one would want to take the job of someone who was beloved by most Hoosier fans, for a program that has never even tasted success. You sound like a Nebraska fan right now, they all claim their program should be more successful but they've in turn downgraded their program by having these delusional expectations about their own program. If CTA were to retire tomorrow, Indiana would still be a bottom tier job in the power 5, and this program would take a massive step back.

I never once said “Fire Tom Allen” and specifically said in the post you responded to “This isn’t a fire Tom Allen rant”. The rest of your paragraph is nonsensical bullshit that doesn’t warrant a response.

• Haha
Reactions: billyhillui

Take a step back and realize Indiana is 1-2, it's just 3 games, yesterday's issues were execution of our players more than anything, and they were outcoached in 1 of their 3 games, but to be fair they were playing a team currently in the top five in the AP poll, so I will cut them some slack, and you are out here just looking at ways to chip away at CTA's resume because of their current record, after playing two top ten teams to open the year. Your points on the bowl games are idiotic, Ole Miss and Tennessee are far more talented than Indiana, Tennessee was a pathetic choke, but I have no problem with how the Ole Miss game turned out given we were missing circa 2021 Penix. PU's comeback was more about our guys letting their foot off the gas than Jeff Brohm actually outcoaching CTA.

I have plenty of criticism for CTA too, the offense needs to improve and we can't have so much sloppy execution on both side of the ball and on special teams, but you should not say "Tom Allen is the problem" that is just ridiculous because frankly Indiana would be lucky to hire some HC out of a GO5 school or an assistant at a low tier power 5 school. If you want to point out CTA's flaws, that's fine, but you need to frame it so you are understanding the value he brings to this program and that's not something I am getting from you at all in your last two messages.
Guy's a troll and/or an a$$hole. You're wasting your time with him.

Haven’t read any of the other threads, not going to do sorry if this has been rehashed, Tom Allen is the problem. LEO and rah rah only going to take this team so far. Allen has been out coached in just about every big game IU has played,

Penalties, turnovers, guys lined up wrong, all an extension of coaching. Going to lose any momentum we’ve had the last 18 months quick.

Penix sucks. Another sub 50% completion game, multiple turnovers, he is a shell of himself. I’m struggling to find 6 wins. Embarrassing.
So a coach goes from 8-4 and 6-1 in two prior years and then turns into a moron overnite. Interesting, but stupid, theory.

Last edited:
So a coach goes from 8-4 and 6-1 in two prior years and then turns int a moron overnite. interesting, but stupid, theory.

He’s beaten one team with a winning record in the last two years. He’s been schooled in both bowl games. Ferentz and Fickell have coached circles around Allen this year. Will see everyone’s tune about Allen’s coaching abilities at the conclusion of the season once the schedule gets harder.

Not to excuse TA, but he didn't drop the passes. He didn't make the bad throws.

But he's the coach, so he needs to put players in who can catch and throw. Bench Penix and Fryfogle
Model composure and they’re more likely to respond with composure.

Reactions: IUgradman
Obviously CTA isn't perfect and has room to grow but there is no part of me that is even thinking of looking in a different direction. In his first couple seasons I thought there were some game management issues - especially clock management at the end of halves. It's my opinion that most people (coaches and fans) start panicking too early with time. And if you want to get an A+ in two-minute you are bleeding out the entire clock while scoring, thus not leaving any time left for the opponent to do anything. There have been a couple times where the offense scored too fast and could have bled out more of the clock.
You know it's easy to second-guess something that didn't work after the fact. My ex brother-in-law never has the guts or the foresight to call anything ahead of time but then he acts like he's a dadgum expert after he's already seen what happened. The safety and cowardice of hindsight. That decision to go for it on 4th and 1 in the red zone - I get people think that was an emotional decision by CTA but the analytics say go for it. I would have been fine with taking the points against that Cincy front but I was fine with the call to go for it too.
I loved the goalline play we ran a couple of years ago where Ramsey would sort of patiently look for a soft spot and then Stevie would basically tackle him forward across the goal line. That's what I would have called there. I thought the issue on that play was the execution not the call - it was hurried and seemed disoriented.
And to the people who are going after LEO, I will say this. I know there are people that say that approach has a shelflife but LEO is bigger than wins and losses. CTA is a good man and he has a winning record at Indiana. I am proud that he is the Coach and I really don't care what naysayers who don't even know what they're talking about think.

“Sheridan called an absolute gem today” - that is so far from the truth. 1st down run - always! Never run outside of the tackles! No mid range passing game! No tempo!

How many times were we 3rd and long?
Coaches get far too much blame when their players don’t execute. We put up more yards with a QB who’s probably bottom 3-4 in the conference. And Cincy has a NFL QB.

Sheridan called a great game. Got our guys in space. Controlled time of possession. He can’t throw and catch for us. He didn’t drop open passes. He didn’t fumble the ball. I get that it’s always easy to blame the coaches, but if any coach is to blame for this loss it’s Allen not Sheridan.

Obviously CTA isn't perfect and has room to grow but there is no part of me that is even thinking of looking in a different direction. In his first couple seasons I thought there were some game management issues - especially clock management at the end of halves. It's my opinion that most people (coaches and fans) start panicking too early with time. And if you want to get an A+ in two-minute you are bleeding out the entire clock while scoring, thus not leaving any time left for the opponent to do anything. There have been a couple times where the offense scored too fast and could have bled out more of the clock.
You know it's easy to second-guess something that didn't work after the fact. My ex brother-in-law never has the guts or the foresight to call anything ahead of time but then he acts like he's a dadgum expert after he's already seen what happened. The safety and cowardice of hindsight. That decision to go for it on 4th and 1 in the red zone - I get people think that was an emotional decision by CTA but the analytics say go for it. I would have been fine with taking the points against that Cincy front but I was fine with the call to go for it too.
I loved the goalline play we ran a couple of years ago where Ramsey would sort of patiently look for a soft spot and then Stevie would basically tackle him forward across the goal line. That's what I would have called there. I thought the issue on that play was the execution not the call - it was hurried and seemed disoriented.
And to the people who are going after LEO, I will say this. I know there are people that say that approach has a shelflife but LEO is bigger than wins and losses. CTA is a good man and he has a winning record at Indiana. I am proud that he is the Coach and I really don't care what naysayers who don't even know what they're talking about think.
CTA is 11-6 in his last 17 Big Ten games - - 5-4 in conference play in 2019 and 6-1 last season. He's clearly doing something right. It seems a few people have forgotten the years of futility when IU struggled to win two or three games in the B1G, including years when the conference was down.

We've got problems right now on offense, but we have to give the guys a chance to fix them. It also helps to remember that progress isn't always a straight line up.

We're all disappointed in the 1-2 start, but I watched a guy yesterday, in his post-game presser, who is clearly more bothered by it than any of us. I also sensed that he was seething about the mistakes that led to yesterday's late collapse and loss. He's a smart guy. I'm sure he'll make appropriate changes, keep growing as a HC, and I think we'll be ok in the long run.

Lol. That’s literally coaching. The team who executes better is literally the team who is more mentally prepared. That’s what Tom Allen gets paid to do. That fast that he got outexecuted yesterday means he got outcoached. Have you ever played a sport?

Building a culture is one thing, X’s and O’s is another. The first doesn’t matter in the long run if the second part doesn’t hold true. Tom Allen has been schooled this year.

I never once said “Fire Tom Allen” and specifically said in the post you responded to “This isn’t a fire Tom Allen rant”. The rest of your paragraph is nonsensical bullshit that doesn’t warrant a response.
You are such a blockhead, I can't even. CTA is the CEO of the team, he isn't the one who get's the guys to execute, that's what position coaches do, and players need to be held accountable too, they aren't 10 years old, if you can execute in practice and you used to be able to execute well and then stop executing in games, that may be a player's issue more than it is a coaching issue.

Again I state to you, an HC needs to be an expert on at least one side of the ball in addition to being a CEO and culture builder for his program. Tom Allen's defense has been great over three games, the problem has been our offense and special teams have given up 4 touchdowns(When you are set up inside the 10 from a turnover, it's on the offense, not the defense) to make the scoreboard look worse than it is.

You can't say "Tom Allen is the problem" and then be like, oh but I don't want him to get fired, if he was the problem with this team than our team would need to have great recruiting, which IU obviously has never had, and great assistants, which CTA doesn't currently have.

Overall, your just a troll, you have gotten this horrible idea in your head and are cherry picking ways to justify it using pointless statistics. For example, the nonsense that we haven't beaten good teams, yes UMich and PSU were down last year, but your telling me they wouldn't have had a winning record if they had a few non-conference cupcakes, absolutely not, I am pretty sure the only teams in the B1G above .500 last year were OSU, NW, IU, and Iowa. 4 of 14 teams, that's what happens when teams lose their cupcakes early in the year. What you've said is ridiculous and frankly it's not worth anyone's time to argue with you.

You are such a blockhead, I can't even. CTA is the CEO of the team, he isn't the one who get's the guys to execute, that's what position coaches do, and players need to be held accountable too, they aren't 10 years old, if you can execute in practice and you used to be able to execute well and then stop executing in games, that may be a player's issue more than it is a coaching issue.

Again I state to you, an HC needs to be an expert on at least one side of the ball in addition to being a CEO and culture builder for his program. Tom Allen's defense has been great over three games, the problem has been our offense and special teams have given up 4 touchdowns(When you are set up inside the 10 from a turnover, it's on the offense, not the defense) to make the scoreboard look worse than it is.

You can't say "Tom Allen is the problem" and then be like, oh but I don't want him to get fired, if he was the problem with this team than our team would need to have great recruiting, which IU obviously has never had, and great assistants, which CTA doesn't currently have.

Overall, your just a troll, you have gotten this horrible idea in your head and are cherry picking ways to justify it using pointless statistics. For example, the nonsense that we haven't beaten good teams, yes UMich and PSU were down last year, but your telling me they wouldn't have had a winning record if they had a few non-conference cupcakes, absolutely not, I am pretty sure the only teams in the B1G above .500 last year were OSU, NW, IU, and Iowa. 4 of 14 teams, that's what happens when teams lose their cupcakes early in the year. What you've said is ridiculous and frankly it's not worth anyone's time to argue with you.

Nothing I’ve said is ridiculous, let alone untrue. CTA, as the CEO, is responsible for all the functions of the team. If he gets to take responsibility for the wins then he’s sure as hell responsible for the losses. The fact that he doesn’t have competent assistants (as you claim) is on him and nobody else.

Teams who are mentally prepared execute better then their opponents. That’s an extension of coaching.

Teams who are mentally tough don’t turn the ball over, especially in key moments of the game. That’s an extension of coaching.

Teams who have mental lapses, line up wrong, commit dumb penalties, etc are signs of poorly coached teams.

• Haha
Reactions: billyhillui
All I'm gonna say is I think you need some serious help if that's the conclusion you take away from that game, please call mental health services and get the help you need, but don't fill up the forum page with garbage commentary.
HoosierTim is a moderator on the Purdue board. He posts under many different names, on many of these boards. As moderator on the Purdue board, he uses JohnnyDoeBoiler (& over a dozen others). He's been banned on this board more times than we can count. He has had serious mental problems for several years. He often refuses to take his meds, & we can see the results on these boards. He thrives on getting attention, & has ADD, among other mental problems.

Last edited:
Nothing I’ve said is ridiculous, let alone untrue. CTA, as the CEO, is responsible for all the functions of the team. If he gets to take responsibility for the wins then he’s sure as hell responsible for the losses. The fact that he doesn’t have competent assistants (as you claim) is on him and nobody else.

Teams who are mentally prepared execute better then their opponents. That’s an extension of coaching.

Teams who are mentally tough don’t turn the ball over, especially in key moments of the game. That’s an extension of coaching.

Teams who have mental lapses, line up wrong, commit dumb penalties, etc are signs of poorly coached teams.
Take your meds JohnnyDoeBoiler, a.k.a. 'HoosierTim'/IUhaterade/mathboy/gd4now/Level 42, ect., ect...

Go back to your Purdue board

Doc Meeks

He’s beaten one team with a winning record in the last two years. He’s been schooled in both bowl games. Ferentz and Fickell have coached circles around Allen this year. Will see everyone’s tune about Allen’s coaching abilities at the conclusion of the season once the schedule gets harder.
Go back to your Purdue board JohnnyDoeBoiler/HoosierTim. You ruined the Purdue board, & are now trying to ruin the IU board. Go home, loser.

Take your meds, ALL of them this time

Doc Meeks

HoosierTim is a moderator on the Purdue board. He posts under many different names, on many of these boards. As moderator on the Purdue board, he uses JohnnyDoeBoiler (& over a dozen others). He's been banned on this board more times than we can count. He has had serious mental problems for several years. He often refuses to take his meds, & we can see the results on these boards. He thrives on getting attention, & has ATD, among other mental problems.

Seek help. Seriously.

Allen isn’t getting fired obviously. Not for a few more seasons. But he is being exposed right now.
Who you replacing him with, Lee Corso? You don't fire coaches like Allen, until you have someone better already lined up/a verbal agreement.

:O

Ghost of Season's Past

Reactions: vesuvius13
There's something to that, but IU is still moving forward in the long arc which is meaningful to this point in a coule ways. I think IU will do less and less IU things over time, so Allen's persona will be less and less weaponizable. I forget my other point...
Here's the bottom line for any IU football coach (now & going forward). If after 5/6 seasons, you have a losing record to Purdue, (unless you got some really juicy 8 X 10's of the AD & board getting it on, your but is toast).

Btw, same deal applies for Purdue head football coach(es). Even if you can walk on water, if you can't beat the #1 in state rival, you are toast.

THIS season, things being what they are, Allen had better beat Purdue, or his days are probably numbered.

Common Sense

Do other teams have special teams coordinators that run another position group? That's feeling like a mistake right now. We had 2 big special teams mistakes. Would have been 3, but a heads-up player pushed one of our lineman into proper formation right before the snap

Yes, other teams have their special teams coordinator also coach positions.

Alabama has their coordinator coaches tight ends. Clemson has theirs coach safeties. Florida has theirs coach running backs. Those are three I checked real quick.

This isn't something that Indiana doesn't different from everyone else.

Next time Dan Dakich goes on vacation, calls in sick or gets canned. Take his place. You intentionally irritate people more than Dan himself.

Allen isn’t getting fired obviously. Not for a few more seasons. But he is being exposed right now.
Only a Purdue troll/moderator would put up a picture of Allen like the one you use. You're fooling nobody, Purdue troll/troublemaker/head case.

Get mental health attention, fast

Yes, other teams have their special teams coordinator also coach positions.

Alabama has their coordinator coaches tight ends. Clemson has theirs coach safeties. Florida has theirs coach running backs. Those are three I checked real quick.

This isn't something that Indiana doesn't different from everyone else.
Okay thanks, good to know.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Do other teams have special teams coordinators that run another position group? That's feeling like a mistake right now. We had 2 big special teams mistakes. Would have been 3, but a heads-up player pushed one of our lineman into proper formation right before the snap

Iowa has made Coach LaVar Woods their dedicated ST Coordinator, after the NCAA allowed one more Coach several years ago.

He was asked about it today.

KIRK FERENTZ: Appreciate that.

Q. It was pretty much seven, eight years ago there were a lot of mistakes, especially fake punts, onside kicks you guys liked to go through. That hasn't been the case. It seems like LeVar has helped stabilize that. What ways have you shored up specialized teams? Last year I think it was rated the best unit in the country.

KIRK FERENTZ: I don't thank the NCAA for much publicly, so I'll take this opportunity since you teed it up for me. I'll thank them for allowing us to expand our catching staff. And there's a reason why the NFL teams have had special teams coaches, really it probably started back in the 70s, I guess. Coach Belichick was on the front end of that.
But, yes, it's a world of difference. Those guys, in my opinion, have always kind of been cheated a little bit, especially the specialists. You know, people without a country in some ways. They just kind of float. They're nomads. This guy kind of coaches them, but really doesn't because he's got another position to coach and all that kind of thing. So I think the ability, first of all, for the specialists, just for them to meet with LeVar daily just like everybody else does with their position coaches, I think that's been huge. And then to have a coach who's solely focused on the schemes, the calls, strategies, all those things. That's a whole world within the world of football. So that part's all been good, I think, but the rule enabled us to do that.

The only other way you could do was to cheat it, which we tried a little bit. Maybe having a grad assistant coach at tight ends or at different positions, but I think that's helped, and then the other component here is that LeVar has really grown into that role, really embraced it and grown into it, and that's how he made his living in the NFL, being a good special teams player. So he can fully appreciate the value of it and what goes into it and what difference it can make. So he's engrossed himself in it. Wasn't an expert necessarily on the specialist part of it, but has really expanded his knowledge there, and that's been great. And so I think it's been a really good combination.

And it's been fun to watch. It's fun to watch players. Terry Roberts is a great example. I think he's grown into a good football player through special teams. We've had that all throughout the years, but now they're getting a little more attention that way, and they can go meet with Coach Woods and get one-on-one coaching, which was a little tougher back in the old days, if you will. So I think it's been great for us, and it's a huge part. It's always been a huge part of our program thinking wise.

Iowa has made Coach LaVar Woods their dedicated ST Coordinator, after the NCAA allowed one more Coach several years ago.

He was asked about it today.

KIRK FERENTZ: Appreciate that.

Q. It was pretty much seven, eight years ago there were a lot of mistakes, especially fake punts, onside kicks you guys liked to go through. That hasn't been the case. It seems like LeVar has helped stabilize that. What ways have you shored up specialized teams? Last year I think it was rated the best unit in the country.

KIRK FERENTZ: I don't thank the NCAA for much publicly, so I'll take this opportunity since you teed it up for me. I'll thank them for allowing us to expand our catching staff. And there's a reason why the NFL teams have had special teams coaches, really it probably started back in the 70s, I guess. Coach Belichick was on the front end of that.
But, yes, it's a world of difference. Those guys, in my opinion, have always kind of been cheated a little bit, especially the specialists. You know, people without a country in some ways. They just kind of float. They're nomads. This guy kind of coaches them, but really doesn't because he's got another position to coach and all that kind of thing. So I think the ability, first of all, for the specialists, just for them to meet with LeVar daily just like everybody else does with their position coaches, I think that's been huge. And then to have a coach who's solely focused on the schemes, the calls, strategies, all those things. That's a whole world within the world of football. So that part's all been good, I think, but the rule enabled us to do that.

The only other way you could do was to cheat it, which we tried a little bit. Maybe having a grad assistant coach at tight ends or at different positions, but I think that's helped, and then the other component here is that LeVar has really grown into that role, really embraced it and grown into it, and that's how he made his living in the NFL, being a good special teams player. So he can fully appreciate the value of it and what goes into it and what difference it can make. So he's engrossed himself in it. Wasn't an expert necessarily on the specialist part of it, but has really expanded his knowledge there, and that's been great. And so I think it's been a really good combination.

And it's been fun to watch. It's fun to watch players. Terry Roberts is a great example. I think he's grown into a good football player through special teams. We've had that all throughout the years, but now they're getting a little more attention that way, and they can go meet with Coach Woods and get one-on-one coaching, which was a little tougher back in the old days, if you will. So I think it's been great for us, and it's a huge part. It's always been a huge part of our program thinking wise.
THIS is the BEST answer for why I think IU should have a dedicated ST coach! I’m my view it’s not easy to be giving up a KO Return 96 yds for a TD. Not if you’re drilled and disciplined in your coverage and lanes. Always have a deep safety valve, etc.

Look at out snapper/FG kicker combo. Those two are lights out pros! I think the new punter is coming into his own. That level of specialization deserves teams around them being equally disciplined and focused. The KO return was awful last week. But lining up over the center mY have been worse or as bad as it ultimately led to another TD too! But HOW could that not be known by the player - like drilled to never forget or do that - unless they have t actually drilled it that often? “You can’t line up over the center on a FG attempt” should have been a mantra! And believe it almost happened a second time were it not for another player moving a guy over. (Where was the guy who moved him on the first snap? And who ever almost did it the second time either almost did it twice (very concerning) or wasn’t paying attention first time - not good either - or neither had been taught that from the start - which would be most alarming of all.
Id also suggest that a fair catch from 2 on a kickoff sure seems to SA end a message of “we are not a threat for a good run back ever” which if you have a ST coach, would seem like a slap in the face of your abilities there too.

IU had 3 bad picks and a worse fumble that hurt badly! Offense needs to get right fast.

But ST cost IU 14 points too, and if you take those away, and the momentum they helped give Cinci, IU may have still won this game I still believe they outplayed Cinci and should have won. So yes, maybe IU & Caoach Allen should follow the Iowa mode and have Coach T solely focus on ST and grow further into that job?

Not wrong in some cases... and not right. Had some good coaching games last year.... would you not agree? Enough to be voted coach of the year by his own peers. It’s not as dark as you may think.
My problem with this dudes post is he only highlights CTA's weaknesses to drive home a narrative, he also undervalues everything CTA has done well here. Think about it like this, Kirby Smart played a video of CTA in front of his staff to show the culture Allen has built here, that's how Charlton Warren first learned of Allen.

The HC at a top 5 program in the country trying to model his culture after what CTA has built, and we get clowns like Hoosiertim freaking out, ripping our most successful HC in 30 years because IU is 1-2 to start the year after losing to two top ten teams, this is still Indiana, if you think CTA is underperforming, you need to a serious reality check. I'm done hearing about it from people who act like IU was anything close to a successful program before CTA.

My problem with this dudes post is he only highlights CTA's weaknesses to drive home a narrative, he also undervalues everything CTA has done well here. Think about it like this, Kirby Smart played a video of CTA in front of his staff to show the culture Allen has built here, that's how Charlton Warren first learned of Allen.

The HC at a top 5 program in the country trying to model his culture after what CTA has built, and we get clowns like Hoosiertim freaking out, ripping our most successful HC in 30 years because IU is 1-2 to start the year after losing to two top ten teams, this is still Indiana, if you think CTA is underperforming, you need to a serious reality check. I'm done hearing about it from people who act like IU was anything close to a successful program before CTA.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I’m not driving home any narrative and like I said last Saturday, this isn’t a Fire Tom Allen rant. You’re losing ground putting words in my mouth because I haven’t once said that. He coached some very good games last year, that isn’t debatable, but he’s looked rather lost in his last 3-4 games. There’s no denying that and you’re simply wrong to argue otherwise.

I’m not driving home any narrative and like I said last Saturday, this isn’t a Fire Tom Allen rant. You’re losing ground putting words in my mouth because I haven’t once said that. He coached some very good games last year, that isn’t debatable, but he’s looked rather lost in his last 3-4 games. There’s no denying that and you’re simply wrong to argue otherwise.
Yeah you are totally right, he looked super lost when Indiana beat the crap out of Idaho. Dang and how about the fact that Cincy had one first down through the first 25 minutes, he looked like he had no idea what he was seeing out there from Cincy's offense. You make overly vague arguments that frankly don't make any sense. You want to get some support with your criticism of CTA, acknowledge the good with the bad, since you refuse to do that, your opinion means nothing as it is just driving a narrative, sorry if you don't want to acknowledge what you are doing, but I will call it out as long as I see it.

I truthfully don't know if you are watching the games if you think this team has "looked lost" the last 3 games. I think you may just be looking at the scoreboard with the arguments your making, but let's go through the last three games in which CTA "looked lost" shall we. Two plays go Indiana's way, and they win against Cincy, if you did actually watch the game not just look at the scoreboard you would know that. They finished with more 50 more yards than Cincy at the end of the game and controlled the 25 of the first 30 minutes of the game, in the second half it was even at best, with Cincy catching a lot of breaks that resulted in a lot of unimpressive points. IU cleaned Idaho's clock obviously, so maybe you just didn't read the score correctly on that one. Iowa was pretty simply an offensive line that wasn't ready to go, coupled with a few bad breaks and the game was over before it got started, the defense looked fine, the offense looked horrible, but played a really good defense and his since improved though they still have a ways to go.

All this is not to say IUFB has a lot of flaws, point being your overly broad statements while nitpicking random specifics that don't actually prove the arguments you are trying to make are total BS, and no one wants to hear them. You wanna excessively and illogically crap on IU, go to the Purdue forum.

Yeah you are totally right, he looked super lost when Indiana beat the crap out of Idaho. Dang and how about the fact that Cincy had one first down through the first 25 minutes, he looked like he had no idea what he was seeing out there from Cincy's offense. You make overly vague arguments that frankly don't make any sense. You want to get some support with your criticism of CTA, acknowledge the good with the bad, since you refuse to do that, your opinion means nothing as it is just driving a narrative, sorry if you don't want to acknowledge what you are doing, but I will call it out as long as I see it.

I truthfully don't know if you are watching the games if you think this team has "looked lost" the last 3 games. I think you may just be looking at the scoreboard with the arguments your making, but let's go through the last three games in which CTA "looked lost" shall we. Two plays go Indiana's way, and they win against Cincy, if you did actually watch the game not just look at the scoreboard you would know that. They finished with more 50 more yards than Cincy at the end of the game and controlled the 25 of the first 30 minutes of the game, in the second half it was even at best, with Cincy catching a lot of breaks that resulted in a lot of unimpressive points. IU cleaned Idaho's clock obviously, so maybe you just didn't read the score correctly on that one. Iowa was pretty simply an offensive line that wasn't ready to go, coupled with a few bad breaks and the game was over before it got started, the defense looked fine, the offense looked horrible, but played a really good defense and his since improved though they still have a ways to go.

All this is not to say IUFB has a lot of flaws, point being your overly broad statements while nitpicking random specifics that don't actually prove the arguments you are trying to make are total BS, and no one wants to hear them. You wanna excessively and illogically crap on IU, go to the Purdue forum.
Micah doesn’t get tossed and we win by double digits easily

Micah doesn’t get tossed and we win by double digits easily
We should have won anyway. Three times inside UC's 10 without any points is inexcusable. The 99-yard kickoff return didn't help either. We can't keep playing like that or we're not going to win many games.

Beat WKU!

Yes you are. No he isn't. No he didn't. I deny it and we aren't wrong.

See how much fun spewing unsupported conclusory nonsense is?

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT