ADVERTISEMENT

Elephant in the room

HoosierTim

Freshman
Apr 20, 2021
Haven’t read any of the other threads, not going to do sorry if this has been rehashed, Tom Allen is the problem. LEO and rah rah only going to take this team so far. Allen has been out coached in just about every big game IU has played,

Penalties, turnovers, guys lined up wrong, all an extension of coaching. Going to lose any momentum we’ve had the last 18 months quick.

Penix sucks. Another sub 50% completion game, multiple turnovers, he is a shell of himself. I’m struggling to find 6 wins. Embarrassing.

Haven’t read any of the other threads, not going to do sorry if this has been rehashed, Tom Allen is the problem. LEO and rah rah only going to take this team so far. Allen has been out coached in just about every big game IU has played,

Penalties, turnovers, guys lined up wrong, all an extension of coaching. Going to lose any momentum we’ve had the last 18 months quick.

Penix sucks. Another sub 50% completion game, multiple turnovers, he is a shell of himself. I’m struggling to find 6 wins. Embarrassing.
Allen needs very good coordinators and we lost 2 of those in the last 2 years.

no

Do you sometimes go by Lucy01?

You're on the wrong board again.

Not everything can be a pep rally. Sometimes you have to make the smart, emotionless call. He just can’t bring himself to do that.

Lucy is a moron. I’m an IU fan.

Tennessee, Ole Miss, today, Allen has been outcoached. Tell me I’m wrong.
Maybe, but you're still on the wrong board. You do this same attack, slander & disparage game on the Purdue board. Why??? This year, if football is better, & will beat Purdue. Go play on the Purdue board, & ban them when they continue to school you, & expose you. The Irish are having their way with your Boilers, just like IU will.

How many posters have you banned on the Purdue board, who you thought weren't Purdue fans? Too many!

:O

Board Investigator

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Btfu2017
We’ll see. If IU goes 4-8 or possibly even 3-9 with a lot of the same players he had last year, then I think most fans will not consider him to be a long term solution.

Nope. Nope. Nope. I think a big mistake was putting his son on his team. But other than that a lot of the mistakes fall on the assistant coaches. The offensive line coach has to go this year. How can you have a 6 foot eight 360 pound offense of tackle that has not improved in four years?

Reactions: vesuvius13

Not to excuse TA, but he didn't drop the passes. He didn't make the bad throws.

But he's the coach, so he needs to put players in who can catch and throw. Bench Penix and Fryfogle

Who are you going to replace Allen with, when, & who's paying Allen's departure salary, you??? As I said before, you are on the wrong board. Go ban some posters on the Purdue board, moderator.

Board Investigator

• Sad
Reactions: Btfu2017
Who are you going to replace Allen with, when, & who's paying Allen's departure salary, you??? As I said before, you are on the wrong board. Go ban some posters on the Purdue board, moderator.

Board Investigator

Lol. Who said fire Allen?

Not to excuse TA, but he didn't drop the passes. He didn't make the bad throws.

But he's the coach, so he needs to put players in who can catch and throw. Bench Penix and Fryfogle

That’s mental toughness. I didn’t walk away from Memorial Stadium today thinking was a superior team today, they were better coached and just a ton more mentally tougher. Does IU come back from 14-0 if the script was flipped??? Doubt it.

Lol. Who said fire Allen?
Top of this thread, post #1, the post YOU started, Purdue moderator. "Tom Allen is the problem." Your multiple board names are as obvious as your distain for anything IU, football, basketball & otherwise. Go play on the Purdue board, Purdue moderator/JohnnieDoeBoiler

Board Investigator

Reactions: IUgradman
Allen isn’t getting fired obviously. Not for a few more seasons. But he is being exposed right now.
That's a very flattering picture you post of Coach Allen. Where did you get it, the Purdue board? If IU would have won today, you still would have attacked Allen & co. Why? Because you moderate the Purdue board, & come over here to cause trouble, right JohnnyDoeBoiler? :O

Board Investigator

We’ll see. If IU goes 4-8 or possibly even 3-9 with a lot of the same players he had last year, then I think most fans will not consider him to be a long term solution.
well, the A.D. apparently thinks he is FWIW

at least today's result can't rationally be blamed on "lack of fan support"

Reactions: vesuvius13
Get a life
There are few regular posters on the Purdue board, because you ran everyone off, banned them, or they determined you were just plain mentally unfit for human conversation. You have more different board names than brain cells JohnnieDoeBoiler

Board Investigator

I have an IU grad degree I’m also an OSU grad and I know you all don’t want to hear this but most of the rest of the country thinks LEO and Allen’s theatrics are cringe inducing. He’s an excellent coordinator and rah-rah guy. We have one of those only he’s a position coach and rah-rah guy, Kerry Coombs. Before the “what do you know” comments start…my research area is fan behavior and experience. This is not a head coach long term…

All coaches need good coordinators. IU’s problem will always be losing them soon after we have them. Schools with football tradition retain them for longer periods and take our good ones when they don’t.
Be that as it may, Allen’s game day coaching is going to lose more games than it will win. We need good coordinators so that happens as little as possible.

This is really, really dumb. Do people not forget where we were at before Allen?

Sheridan called an absolute gem today. He needs more credit on here. He’s absolutely not the problem.

Penix is not the answer. I’m all for switching it up if the staff feels Tuttle is better.

Today wasn’t Allen’s best and I’d love to see him delegate more in game decisions, but calling for his head is absurd.

I have an IU grad degree I’m also an OSU grad and I know you all don’t want to hear this but most of the rest of the country thinks LEO and Allen’s theatrics are cringe inducing. He’s an excellent coordinator and rah-rah guy. We have one of those only he’s a position coach and rah-rah guy, Kerry Coombs. Before the “what do you know” comments start…my research area is fan behavior and experience. This is not a head coach long term…
temperament isn't determinant of strategic or tactical ability, there is sociocultural bias in the way we try to untangle thinking and emotion in western culture, this tends to lead to superficial analysis

I'm not 100% sure it even matters all that much in 2021 and beyond. I suspect that consistently winning at the P5 level (especially in one of the "Big Two" conferences) is such an unngodly expensive proposition that schools w/ athletic budgets like IU's will, in most seasons, be on the outside looking in--especially if they're attempting to compete in the B1G 10 East.

This is really, really dumb. Do people not forget where we were at before Allen?

Sheridan called an absolute gem today. He needs more credit on here. He’s absolutely not the problem.

Penix is not the answer. I’m all for switching it up if the staff feels Tuttle is better.

Today wasn’t Allen’s best and I’d love to see him delegate more in game decisions, but calling for his head is absurd.
Who is calling for his head?

Who would you replace Allen with?

Who has called for his head? He’s been out coached more times than not in IU’s big games

I can see how some (mistakenly IMO) might regard Allen as too corny or high-strung or rah-rah, but one could make the same observations about numerous other coaches (e.g., Fleck)

and it's not as if some of the more "composed" CEO types aren't struggling too (e.g., Norvell @ FSU)

Last edited:
Reactions: iueyedoc99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT