ADVERTISEMENT

eeeeedidas ruined our uniforms

Remain

Redshirt
Nov 28, 2020
romeo-langford-indiana.jpg

vs
141505162_crop_north.jpg

They took off the jersey piping and made the IU logo gigantic. Looks bad.

the current size of INDIANA is slightly shorter than what we've traditionally had over the decades, the font in your lower Hulls Watford pick is unusually small for IU.

you're right on the jersey piping though.

that said, it's still very traditional looking which is good imo, and never was a fan of the fab 5 Hammer pants cutoffs.

9767796.jpg

1967.jpg
38dc3a804fb95009ba92a7c41f9afe8b.jpg

1987.jpg

2530a926240059da2aa61b09a04f15b0.jpg

Moye_block.jpg
53.jpg

FullSizeRender3.jpg

maybe we're rocking the Slick Leonard retro look, absent the Chuck Taylors.

Last edited:
Reactions: .Gerdis and Remain
the current size of INDIANA is slightly shorter than what we've traditionally had over the decades, the font in your lower Hulls Watford pick is unusually small for IU.

you're right on the jersey piping though.

that said, it's still very traditional looking which is good imo, and never was a fan of the fab 5 Hammer pants.

9767796.jpg

1967.jpg
38dc3a804fb95009ba92a7c41f9afe8b.jpg

1987.jpg

2530a926240059da2aa61b09a04f15b0.jpg

Moye_block.jpg
53.jpg

FullSizeRender3.jpg

maybe we're rocking the Slick Leonard retro look, absent the Chuck Taylors.
what are “hammer pants”

here's an interesting pic.

Tom and Dick Van Arsdale shared the Indiana Mr Basketball title in 1961, so both were given the traditional jersey #1.

had to put their name on the front so fans and the refs could tell them apart.

dick-van-arsdale-1.jpg

tomanddick.jpg

Okay, you sucked me into a fashion thread... that gets on my nerves too. The yellow ones Al wore .. were horrendous. The whole team should wear the same color and yes they should match.
yeah this is my last post on the topic as I don't really care either- fashion means little if the team is playing poorly. But the shoes that don't match the unis....maybe I'm old school (actually I know I"m old)...just distracts me while watching.

Reactions: kkott
yeah this is my last post on the topic as I don't really care either- fashion means little if the team is playing poorly. But the shoes that don't match the unis....maybe I'm old school (actually I know I"m old)...just distracts me while watching.
You’re worrying about shoes not matching uni’s. What I can’t stand is fan apparel not matching the color of the school. When did that oddity start? I know it’s been going on for a few years now, but it still doesn’t make sense. My son/daughter-in-law gave me an IU sweater for Christmas. I noticed at the time of reception that it was not a traditional red, despite being colorblind in the male dominate red/green spectrum. My wife caught the sweater in natural light just the other day and commented that the sweater had more orange in the thread than red. At least it wasn’t black. Oh, and to my son-in-law in case you’re reading this...I really do like the sweater and hopefully you’ll recall discussing the usual, albeit interesting, color of red.

You’re worrying about shoes not matching uni’s. What I can’t stand is fan apparel not matching the color of the school. When did that oddity start? I know it’s been going on for a few years now, but it still doesn’t make sense. My son/daughter-in-law gave me an IU sweater for Christmas. I noticed at the time of reception that it was not a traditional red, despite being colorblind in the male dominate red/green spectrum. My wife caught the sweater in natural light just the other day and commented that the sweater had more orange in the thread than red. At least it wasn’t black. Oh, and to my son-in-law in case you’re reading this...I really do like the sweater and hopefully you’ll recall discussing the usual, albeit interesting, color of red.

Shades of red (and gold) are tough to get right from some reason. Local high school colors are cardinal and gray and "cardinal" has moved shades year in and year out so I'm guessing "crimson" does as well.

Shades of red (and gold) are tough to get right from some reason. Local high school colors are cardinal and gray and "cardinal" has moved shades year in and year out so I'm guessing "crimson" does as well.
The thing of it is, they don't try to get it right anymore and with "cardinal" and "crimson", so goes "cream".

Reactions: Columbus-Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT