ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie Money Cashed In His Ticket To Paradise... Dead at the age of 70!

flinke vent

Redshirt
Dec 5, 2014
https://variety.com/2019/music/news/eddie-money-dead-dies-1203334855/

Money made his home in the Bay Area where he performed at the city’s clubs regularly. A star of MTV’s formative years, during which he starred in a series of comedic music videos, he saw major chart success with such songs as “Baby Hold On” and “Two Tickets to Paradise” and in 1986 “Take Me Home Tonight”, a duet with Ronnie Spector, which was a radio hit. He was signed to Columbia Records and released 11 albums throughout his career.

In an interview with Rolling Stone conducted last year, Money said that, despite his string of hit songs, he “missed the boat when it [came] to the big money.” In his typically self-deprecating manner, Money capped it with this view: :The kids aren’t in jail, they’re not in rehab, nobody’s wrecked the car this week and there’s still milk in the refrigerator. I’m having a good month.”

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/eddie-money-dead-dies-1203334855/

Money made his home in the Bay Area where he performed at the city’s clubs regularly. A star of MTV’s formative years, during which he starred in a series of comedic music videos, he saw major chart success with such songs as “Baby Hold On” and “Two Tickets to Paradise” and in 1986 “Take Me Home Tonight”, a duet with Ronnie Spector, which was a radio hit. He was signed to Columbia Records and released 11 albums throughout his career.

In an interview with Rolling Stone conducted last year, Money said that, despite his string of hit songs, he “missed the boat when it [came] to the big money.” In his typically self-deprecating manner, Money capped it with this view: :The kids aren’t in jail, they’re not in rehab, nobody’s wrecked the car this week and there’s still milk in the refrigerator. I’m having a good month.”
Very sad day. He was one of my favorites in the 80's. I got a thrill when he played on an episode of Kings of Queens.

ADVERTISEMENT