ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern to the Wolverines

Wow, that's surprising to me. I thought he'd drop down a bit in competition to attempt to improve his scoring. I think he actually could have pro prospects if he had any offensive game at all. What scoring game he does have (hustle and slop baskets), would be harder to come by in the pros.

did not see this one coming. I think CMP knew yesterday, hence his somewhat sharp-edged comments.

UM shoots a lot of 3s, and seems to be in the running of many highly ranked recruits. Not sure I see NE fitting into the mix. We shall see. At least we know we can slack into the lane when he's got the ball. Poor kid can't throw it into the ocean.

And I do feel sorry for the people on UM's board....they've got a shitstorm heading their way.

Seems strange that he just entered the portal , and is already committed to Michigan. Looks like he had already talked to Michigan before he told Purdue coaches. Doesn't look good for him as a teammate , and really not a good look for Michigan coaches. Seems like tampering , but I guess all is fair in college basketball. To be honest , As much as I hate to say it , Purdue will probably be better off without him. As a former coach , I felt he had one of the worst shooting forms I had ever seen . Hard to believe that the coaches at that level had not corrected his form.

Reactions: 76-1 and still4IU
Seems strange that he just entered the portal , and is already committed to Michigan. Looks like he had already talked to Michigan before he told Purdue coaches. Doesn't look good for him as a teammate , and really not a good look for Michigan coaches. Seems like tampering , but I guess all is fair in college basketball. To be honest , As much as I hate to say it , Purdue will probably be better off without him. As a former coach , I felt he had one of the worst shooting forms I had ever seen . Hard to believe that the coaches at that level had not corrected his form.
Coaches are in a dead period where they can only talk to recruits if the recruit calls the coach. It is okay to call a third party to pass on a message to call the coach. I agree this happened fast. There was some early mutual interest.

If UM has 3-4 good scorers on the floor, Eastern could be useful as a defender as long as he leaves the shooting and scoring to others.. It isn't a path to the NBA but it might fill a role UM needs.

PU credits don't transfer into UM General Studies program.

PU's pud jock-eligibility program used to be Organizational Leadership and Supervision. Doubt those hours transfer many places.

Reactions: 76-1
Does anyone really believe a word Nojel says? It’s pretty evident Michigan never offered him a scholarship and he’s doing what he can to save face. The whole transfer process stunk to the high heavens to begin with.

Reactions: Fritz1
Does anyone really believe a word Nojel says? It’s pretty evident Michigan never offered him a scholarship and he’s doing what he can to save face. The whole transfer process stunk to the high heavens to begin with.[/QUOTE
Sounds like bull to me. I’ve never heard of a jock being denied a transfer because of academic credits. There are all kinds of ways to get an athlete into school under special admits. My hunch is Michigan really wanted him...until they met his mother.

Does anyone really believe a word Nojel says? It’s pretty evident Michigan never offered him a scholarship and he’s doing what he can to save face. The whole transfer process stunk to the high heavens to begin with.

I have a relative in the PU athletic department and he heard that UM did NOT extend an offer to Eastern. I guess CJH called CMP to make sure that he understood that Eastern had announced something that wasn't true.

I have a relative in the PU athletic department and he heard that UM did NOT extend an offer to Eastern. I guess CJH called CMP to make sure that he understood that Eastern had announced something that wasn't true.

Offers are contingent upon being admitted.

Maybe this gives some insight as to why CMP was so ticked about the transfer and gives some justification for his comments.

PU credits don't transfer into UM General Studies program.

PU's pud jock-eligibility program used to be Organizational Leadership and Supervision. Doubt those hours transfer many places.
I studied Computer Science at Purdue, before going to IU for grad school.

You're so right about Supervision. My roommate majored in it. It was an absolute joke. He only majored in it because he had a super-rich dad who required him to get a degree from daddy's alma mater. He said his high school classes were more difficult.

I studied Computer Science at Purdue, before going to IU for grad school.

You're so right about Supervision. My roommate majored in it. It was an absolute joke. He only majored in it because he had a super-rich dad who required him to get a degree from daddy's alma mater. He said his high school classes were more difficult.

As many here recall, I have a now young adult that did not get admitted to Rose Hulman so attended PU for a specific technical major. A mixed crew of them were at our home over Christmas occupying the lower level and emptying my bar. One of the kids was struggling in her chosen major. Her Counselor had suggested she switch to OLS and if she did they could offer her a stipend for taking jock attendance and reporting back to the AD's academic advisor.

My advice was that it was too early to throw in the towel on academics. She took it, and graduated with a real degree.

Offers are contingent upon being admitted.

Howard had not even talked to Eastern. There was not even a verbal, "Hey we could use you". According to my source, UM had no idea that Eastern was going to do what he did with the announcement. This whole fiasco seems like it was strictly one way.

Howard had not even talked to Eastern. There was not even a verbal, "Hey we could use you". According to my source, UM had no idea that Eastern was going to do what he did with the announcement. This whole fiasco seems like it was strictly one way.

Well, neither us was there, nor was your source in the PUAD. It is possible of course but:

What would Noel possibly have to gain by creating a huge lie that was clearly going to become public?

His Mother is three fingers deep in every shit he takes, so how does she allow this?

Why did Howard not come out right away and deny it?

Who did all those snazzy photoshop pix with him in UM gear?

The kid has at the very least gotten some 24karat bad advice. PU was keeping him eligible and he might have even gotten a degree...hell, Glen Robinson did.

Reactions: indiana ed

I watched Howard talking about Eastern and what he brings on BTN just a few days ago. He actually, in kind of a backhanded way, took.a.swipe at Painter's use of Eastern.

Well, neither us was there, nor was your source in the PUAD. It is possible of course but:

What would Noel possibly have to gain by creating a huge lie that was clearly going to become public?

His Mother is three fingers deep in every shit he takes, so how does she allow this?

The kid has at the very least gotten some 24karat bad advice. PU was keeping him eligible and he might have even gotten a degree...hell, Glen Robinson did.

Look, believe it, don't believe it, whatever makes you happy.

I just reported what was told to me from a reliable source.

Look, believe it, don't believe it, whatever makes you happy.

I just reported what was told to me from a reliable source.

Reread my post.

I made no judgement..just discussed it. Like you, I have no idea what really happened.

if there is one out there, good point on the photo-shopped image in UM gear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT