ADVERTISEMENT

East and West

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
I haven't closely reviewed the results of all the cross-divisional games this season, and Ohio State still looks like the best team in the conference (if not the country), but it seems like it's getting harder to make the case that the East is significantly better than the West. What do you guys think?

Reactions: channi
IU and OSU are undefeated against the West. UM lost to Wisconsin but beat Iowa. Penn States only loss is to Minny.

Reactions: BayernFan
The best team in the west just stormed the field after beating the third best team in the east. Say that three times.

Reactions: vesuvius13
The best team in the west just stormed the field after beating the third best team in the east. Say that three times.
I’m assuming you’re saying Michigan is the 2nd best team in the East, which, ok. But by that logic the #2 team in the West destroyed the #2 team in the East. Wasn’t even a game. Be honest, whichever side OSU is on is the stronger division. Other than that the rest of the conference is pretty mediocre.

It's highly unlikely we win this weekend but still possible after seeing Minny win. It will take a lot going our way but gosh forbid....if we SOMEHOW pulled it off. Suddenly we are looking at being favored vs UM and PU. That means we would finish 2nd to OSU and have a legitimate shot at the #3 ranked B1G team. No telling what bowl game we would end up in but it would be a really good one.

It's highly unlikely we win this weekend but still possible after seeing Minny win. It will take a lot going our way but gosh forbid....if we SOMEHOW pulled it off. Suddenly we are looking at being favored vs UM and PU. That means we would finish 2nd to OSU and have a legitimate shot at the #3 ranked B1G team. No telling what bowl game we would end up in but it would be a really good one.

Watching Minnesota's WR just run WIDE OPEN against the PSU defense makes me hope Ramsey can take advantage of it. Tanner Morgan made some throws Ramsey doesn't excel at.

Watching Minnesota's WR just run WIDE OPEN against the PSU defense makes me hope Ramsey can take advantage of it. Tanner Morgan made some throws Ramsey doesn't excel at.
Minnesota has really figured out how to scheme different receivers into those slant routes, both from the slot as well as from wide. So far it has given everybody fits and created great matchups for them on both linebackers and DBs. I don't know if PSU wasn't good enough athletically to keep up or if Minny really has some superior receivers. Or it could be that PSU's staff didn't do a great job with scheme.

I will be really interested to see if they can do the same to Wisconsin, who is certainly better defensively than anyone the Gophers have played thus far. If they can, I'll be a believer.

Minnesota has really figured out how to scheme different receivers into those slant routes, both from the slot as well as from wide. So far it has given everybody fits and created great matchups for them on both linebackers and DBs. I don't know if PSU wasn't good enough athletically to keep up or if Minny really has some superior receivers. Or it could be that PSU's staff didn't do a great job with scheme.

I will be really interested to see if they can do the same to Wisconsin, who is certainly better defensively than anyone the Gophers have played thus far. If they can, I'll be a believer.

After watching Tyler Johnson catch what seemed like 35 slants against us last year, I would have thought teams wised up...

And Minnesota does have some really good WR, have seen Tyler Johnson in mock drafts going in the 1st round and that Bateman kid seems just as big/fast/good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT