ADVERTISEMENT

Eagle at the Colts game

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
Not sure if anyone was at the game or saw it on TV, but there was an eagle let loose at the Colts game that full down to his handler. I thought it was pretty cool. My cousin was on the field as part of the military displaying the large flag and got her picture taken with the handler and the eagle and posted the picture last night.

Was I the only one that was curious if the eagle would fly towards the windows at LOS and crash into them? Birds used to fly into the picture window at my house all the time. I am assuming he was trained well enough so they didn't need to worry about that. At least we didn't have a WKRP moment.

If WKRP had done a little preparation, those turkeys would not have fallen and crashed to the ground.
Challenger.jpg

This post was edited on 1/5 11:21 AM by iubud

This post was edited on 1/5 11:22 AM by iubud

This post was edited on 1/5 11:23 AM by iubud

I don't know if I would use vicious to describe eagles...

Sure they can be territorial when defending a nest or a food source but humans are at little risk of being attacked by one. At least to the point of being injured. Besides, man has been vicious when it cones to the survival of eagles.

A goose defending a nest would concern me more than an eagle to be honest with you.

I don't want to mess with an eagle

The talons on this bird could do some damage. Plus, they always look like they are pi$$ed off.

We have one or two in Warsaw that fly around...

awesome sight to see. I watched one grab a rabbit in our neighborhood I about wrecked watching it. Pulled over and tried to get pictures but it was to far away for a cell phone camera. Also saw a couple up in Michigan this summer when we were on vacation. They are an awesome bird to see. I could have watched it for a few hours fly around. Next on my list are the Great Snowy Owl. I have heard they are making their way into Indiana.

I saw a bunch in northern Minnesota on a canoe trip.

Was awesome. Love large birds of prey. Always been fascinated with them.

I've also seen some around Eagle Creek...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT