ADVERTISEMENT

Durr to IU!

I’m not sure we have to replace 15 points. It’s a style of play. I hope/think the wings and guards will score more than they did last year. Kopp has the skills to play both the 3 and the 4. I would love for TJD to be at the 4 with an outside shot. He has some skill facing the basket. Going to be real interesting for sure.
Agreed. I am over simplifying to make a point. But so are the people saying we just need another shooter at the 4.

Race was our toughest player and probably our hardest worker last year. His defense was good, probably better than TJD, both inside and out. His rebounding was good. His passing was solid. His team defense and rim protection were ok. In my humble opinion, all those things come into play for a modern 4 and we take a step back in many of those areas with Kopp or Geronimo on the floor. And while I agree with you that whoever plays the 4 (if they play over Race which I doubt) doesn’t have to make it all up themselves, we as a team have to make it up somewhere.

No matter what I trust the coaches to find what works best for the team but in the few interviews I have heard Coach Woodson since his hiring, it still sounds to me like he is going to be emphasizing defense and rebounding. Its just my opinion that I don’t see us throwing a guy out there who’s only advantage over Race is 3 point shooting.

Long way to go before the season though and lots of time to get the guys ready. I will just be thankful to see an improved team out there.

Agreed. I am over simplifying to make a point. But so are the people saying we just need another shooter at the 4.

Race was our toughest player and probably our hardest worker last year. His defense was good, probably better than TJD, both inside and out. His rebounding was good. His passing was solid. His team defense and rim protection were ok. In my humble opinion, all those things come into play for a modern 4 and we take a step back in many of those areas with Kopp or Geronimo on the floor. And while I agree with you that whoever plays the 4 (if they play over Race which I doubt) doesn’t have to make it all up themselves, we as a team have to make it up somewhere.

No matter what I trust the coaches to find what works best for the team but in the few interviews I have heard Coach Woodson since his hiring, it still sounds to me like he is going to be emphasizing defense and rebounding. Its just my opinion that I don’t see us throwing a guy out there who’s only advantage over Race is 3 point shooting.

Long way to go before the season though and lots of time to get the guys ready. I will just be thankful to see an improved team out there.
Agree. It’s the threat of shooting that comes into play. It’s not like whomever gets the 4 spot has to just start raining threes. They just have to hit a few when open. Hopefully its TJD or Thompson.

Reactions: Beorik
So, you’ve barely seen Kopp, you’ve never seen Durr, yet you’re here to tell us how they’ll be used, as well as their likely effectiveness? Makes perfect sense . . .
This is kind of a stupid point don't you think? I mean considering you're doing the exact same thing?

Actually, I’m not “doing the exact same thing” in any respect. Not even a little. . . .
If the argument is "So, you’ve barely seen Kopp, you’ve never seen Durr, yet you’re here to tell us how they’ll be used, as well as their likely effectiveness? Makes perfect sense . . ." then yes, it is, because you've "barely seen Kopp, you've never seen Durr, yet you're here to tell us how they'll be used, as well as their likely effectiveness?" Makes perfect sense. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
If the argument is "So, you’ve barely seen Kopp, you’ve never seen Durr, yet you’re here to tell us how they’ll be used, as well as their likely effectiveness? Makes perfect sense . . ." then yes, it is, because you've "barely seen Kopp, you've never seen Durr, yet you're here to tell us how they'll be used, as well as their likely effectiveness?" Makes perfect sense. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sorry, but that didn’t make your argument valid, even a little. Since you’re the poster who defended a manufactured story, it’s not surprising this stuff is a little beyond you, though.

TJD has lots of skills but he needs to improve finishing at the basket and of course outside shooting. I assume he’s working hard on both as we blather.

You don’t think we can use 9 points, 8 boards, and a 79% FT shooter?

Tough crowd.
That was against much lesser competition than what he will face in the BIG10...you would think that would go down some. Very mediocre

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT