ADVERTISEMENT

Dumbarjhe Lewis

Oh I think he would’ve played this year...he obviously didn’t. We did just add a solid DT transfer though. Also, we have a million DEs.
a million DEs? can any of them actually rush the QB? or are we still going to rely on the blitz?

First off, let's be a little mature and change the subject title to his name. Let's try to be grown ups here.

The kid was buried on the depth chart. He wanted to play and has connections to Purdue in Hagan, who was the coach who recruited him here, and his cousin.

It's not hard to see why he went there.

a million DEs? can any of them actually rush the QB? or are we still going to rely on the blitz?
I just meant in terms of bodies. Obviously we need someone to step up there. Looking forward to seeing Anderson play.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I remember CTA saying something kinda of different in reference to Lewis during the spring. CTA was asked about how Lewis was doing , with a response about him needing to play as a college player.

I must have missed that one, the praise was definitely early on back in the fall when he first arrived. Entirely possible the work ethic did not align with the kids potential.

I am not trying to knock the kid, but Lewis verballed to Auburn, flipped to IU, and then transferred to PU.

My guess he doesn't finish his eligibility at PU before transferring again.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
Oh I think he would’ve played this year...he obviously didn’t. We did just add a solid DT transfer though. Also, we have a million DEs.

Looks like Caleb Murphy (6'4" 275 lbs) and Gavin McCabe (6'4" 291 lbs) are projected at the DT spots? Anybody know if this is the case and, if so, are they likely to play?

Even with the transfer, we're looking thin there. I'd like to see us recruit at least 3 DTs in this class (got none last year). I would think the best DT prospect we recruit this year might get some snaps. I know it's a tough spot to play as a freshmen, but we may need someone else to play 10 snaps there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT