ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs. Kentucky in Indpls this year...

Are you like this in person or just here? Rupp Rafters has some of the same type of posters. They attack anyone that isn't a UK fan must because they're not a UK fan.
But they have friends that are UL and IU fans among others. I suspect it's the same with you.
That's when you know you take this stuff too seriously.
Probably a little uptight because I am taking my son to move in to Indiana State this morning so I am sorry for being an ass.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Crean did not end the neutral sites, as both coaches had only experienced home and away games up to that point. The most recent and only terms between the two coaches were just that, home and away. Crean cannot be accused of ending the neutral sites, if it hadn't been agreed to under his watch. See the difference?
In that case Cal can't be accused of ending the home and home sites since the contract was up. The real question i have for you is this. Does it really matter at all? do you want to play a national title contender that much? there's others out there. I really don't care who we play as long as we have some fun games along the way and are in the conversation for the final four. May not make it but we have the team for it.

IU Scott I get your anger. But lets be honest. UK compared to IU, UL,UNC,SCUSE,Arizona and many other schools. Ky has stayed pretty clean. And save that notion Cal is so good at cheating they cant catch him. Thats just not possible in this day and time, with social media. You can keep revisiting 30 year old stories. If that helps you sleep. I'm not defending Cal or UKs past mistakes. I live in todays reality. And I believe Cal and UK do it with in the rules. Maybe not because they want to. But because they have to. The spot light UK are under is bigger and wider then any other University in this country. And if your questioning my morality because i still am a UK fan, after past issues. Then you must be really challenged staying a IU fan after the past 10 years. More then not. Schools have cheated. It is what it is. But your insuation UK fans condone and are OK with cheating. Is just not true. Just like I dont think your a delusional idiot because you have continued being a8

Once again, whatever, life goes on. The IU UK series/rivalry is meaningless. According to you, IU is meaningless and UK is God's gift to college basketball: neato. I don't understand why you are on an IU site obsessing about IU. Bye bye, now! Bye bye! Have fun playing Baylor, Louisville, and crappy SEC teams. Bye bye!

Wow so angry. I think the IU and UK game could be as big as any rivalry game today. IU needs to get consistent with a top 10 program again. And they will. Then schedule something in a huge arena or dome to kick the season off. Calling names and saying UK or any top program is afraid to play IU right now. Is just silly. UK will not go back to AH for reasons other then fear of playing IU. I think we can agree on that. Hell UK kicks this year off playing possibly the 1 over all team this year. Every year Ky has one of the hardest schedules in the country. So you talking about UKs schedule being weak. Well is just silly. I'm all about UK playing on National T.V against the best of the best every year. Helps in recruiting and man it's just makes for a fun day. IU has some work to do. But hopefully Archie gets it rolling and UK and IU can start it back up. I'm a bball fan first. IU fans are as loyal and have just as much tradition as UK. States are seperated by a bridge. No reason this can't be a respectful competive rivalry. I can't stand UK fans who change facts or just try to smear other programs for no reason. I call it as I see it. And give credit when needed. That goes for my own program to. Saying IU Dosent need to play UK is. Well just silly. When UK plays a top out of conference game. It's game of the day. With ridiculous hype building a great game. Recruits see this. IU getting a opportunity to knock off UK, on the biggest stage of the day. Of course IU needs that right now. Maybe if we stopped this childish name calling and insults. Both fan bases can move the needle and get this game back on. It won't be at AH. But it will be in a huge arena, probably game day pick. In front of the world. Why IU wouldn't do that is crazy. Hopefully in the near future it will get worked out.[/QUOTE]

You claim Cal is not scared to play at Assembly Hall and I will give you that, but all the claims that UK fans were missed treated and playing there is a safety issue is just crap. If you continue to lie about something then people will look for other reasons why you are doing something like fear.[/QUOTE]

I'm going off what I seen. I'm not labeling a entire fan base. But it was a fired up group of young people. With alcohol flowing. I personally seen young people crossing the line between normal back n fourth chatter. They were young people caught up in the moment. I get it. But it did go to far. I think those incidents pissed off Ky and others in the program. I know as just a fan seeing a 20 something cursing out older folks. I know if there parents had seen that behavior. They would of put a stop to it. You may feel different. But your AD did apologize for that exact reason. Like i said. Hopefully we can move forward and start a new rivalry .

Glass and Crean came back to Cal with a perfectly reasonable compromise solution and Cal passed. No way he was going to come to IU and get pasted by the returning team. It had nothing to do with fan behavior toward the 9 UK fans in the hall or even the team stripper hurting the ankle.

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
Hopefully we can move forward and start a new rivalry.

It would not be new. There is still a rivalry there, many of you would not be here if there was not. I do not see many Kentucky fans hanging out on Purdue's or Ohio State's boards. Both schools have deep and long histories w.r.t. college basketball and we have the familiarity (and proximity) that tends to breed contempt between the fan bases.

The games may be on pause, but the rivalry is not.

I didn't mean anything by the 2011-2012 correction. I totally forgot about the rough season IU had that year.

I know you didn't mean anything other than minor trash talk at the worst. You can treat me much worse and I'll probably just reply with an LOL. This is a public internet forum and everything is taken with a grain of salt.

I know you didn't mean anything other than minor trash talk at the worst. You can treat me much worse and I'll probably just reply with an LOL. This is a public internet forum and everything is taken with a grain of salt.
Nah, I'd rather not trash talk. I want to be respectful. It's a public forum, but still.… ...
I mean that though, I totally forgot about that season. It's no fun when your team goes through that. The off season is too long, especially after a season like that.

In that case Cal can't be accused of ending the home and home sites since the contract was up. The real question i have for you is this. Does it really matter at all? do you want to play a national title contender that much? there's others out there. I really don't care who we play as long as we have some fun games along the way and are in the conversation for the final four. May not make it but we have the team for it.
Are you a nihilist or something? We believe in nothing, Lebowski.

If the IU/UK series didn't mean anything, you wouldn't be here. I've said it a million times by now: if IU means nothing, leave and don't come back. Go hang out on the Western Michigan board and shoot the breeze there.

You must be a dissapointed papa.
Why would I be disappointed in my son since he got in college and had enough scholarships and aid to not go in debt. ISU is where he wanted to go because the actual campus is very nice and it is very good for his major. I have two kids in college a daughter at IU and my son at ISU who has done very well academically so there has not been any disappointment on my part.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Wow so angry. I think the IU and UK game could be as big as any rivalry game today. IU needs to get consistent with a top 10 program again. And they will. Then schedule something in a huge arena or dome to kick the season off. Calling names and saying UK or any top program is afraid to play IU right now. Is just silly. UK will not go back to AH for reasons other then fear of playing IU. I think we can agree on that. Hell UK kicks this year off playing possibly the 1 over all team this year. Every year Ky has one of the hardest schedules in the country. So you talking about UKs schedule being weak. Well is just silly. I'm all about UK playing on National T.V against the best of the best every year. Helps in recruiting and man it's just makes for a fun day. IU has some work to do. But hopefully Archie gets it rolling and UK and IU can start it back up. I'm a bball fan first. IU fans are as loyal and have just as much tradition as UK. States are seperated by a bridge. No reason this can't be a respectful competive rivalry. I can't stand UK fans who change facts or just try to smear other programs for no reason. I call it as I see it. And give credit when needed. That goes for my own program to. Saying IU Dosent need to play UK is. Well just silly. When UK plays a top out of conference game. It's game of the day. With ridiculous hype building a great game. Recruits see this. IU getting a opportunity to knock off UK, on the biggest stage of the day. Of course IU needs that right now. Maybe if we stopped this childish name calling and insults. Both fan bases can move the needle and get this game back on. It won't be at AH. But it will be in a huge arena, probably game day pick. In front of the world. Why IU wouldn't do that is crazy. Hopefully in the near future it will get worked out.

You claim Cal is not scared to play at Assembly Hall and I will give you that, but all the claims that UK fans were missed treated and playing there is a safety issue is just crap. If you continue to lie about something then people will look for other reasons why you are doing something like fear.[/QUOTE]

I'm going off what I seen. I'm not labeling a entire fan base. But it was a fired up group of young people. With alcohol flowing. I personally seen young people crossing the line between normal back n fourth chatter. They were young people caught up in the moment. I get it. But it did go to far. I think those incidents pissed off Ky and others in the program. I know as just a fan seeing a 20 something cursing out older folks. I know if there parents had seen that behavior. They would of put a stop to it. You may feel different. But your AD did apologize for that exact reason. Like i said. Hopefully we can move forward and start a new rivalry .[/QUOTE]
Again alcohol is not sold in AH so how could it be flowing in the arena

You claim Cal is not scared to play at Assembly Hall and I will give you that, but all the claims that UK fans were missed treated and playing there is a safety issue is just crap. If you continue to lie about something then people will look for other reasons why you are doing something like fear.

I'm going off what I seen. I'm not labeling a entire fan base. But it was a fired up group of young people. With alcohol flowing. I personally seen young people crossing the line between normal back n fourth chatter. They were young people caught up in the moment. I get it. But it did go to far. I think those incidents pissed off Ky and others in the program. I know as just a fan seeing a 20 something cursing out older folks. I know if there parents had seen that behavior. They would of put a stop to it. You may feel different. But your AD did apologize for that exact reason. Like i said. Hopefully we can move forward and start a new rivalry .[/QUOTE]
Again alcohol is not sold in AH so how could it be flowing in the arena[/QUOTE]

Your kidding right? The 3 days i was there every night on the streets became a issue, if you had on any UK gear. I'm not sure if your joking, or your just that out of touch. Young people in college drink. I never said i seen Alcohol flowing in AH. But i did see a bunch of young kids who had been partying pretty hard before the game. You seem like a pretty reasonable guy. If you didnt attend that game and spend 3 days and 2 nights there before the game. Then I'm not sure you know what your talking about. And just trying to convince yourself that IU students for those 3 days were on there best behavior and respectful. It was young people getting caught up in the moment and full of alcohol. I've been there myself. But there is consequence. That behavior cost IU.a pretty important.game. all bias aside. All BS root for your team rah rah stuff aside. Fact is. The behavior of some over that 3 day period started the end to this rivarly. It's really as simple as that. I know for some IU fans the thought that Cal and UK are just scared to take on the mighty IU at home. Is not reality. I'm sure had some behaved differently. This game like the past 20 years. Would have carried on. But if you wanna believe UK got embarrassed by a great competive game they came up short on. And refuse to play in AH again for that reason. Then not sure we can have a rational conversation.

Your kidding right? The 3 days i was there every night on the streets became a issue, if you had on any UK gear. I'm not sure if your joking, or your just that out of touch. Young people in college drink. I never said i seen Alcohol flowing in AH. But i did see a bunch of young kids who had been partying pretty hard before the game. You seem like a pretty reasonable guy. If you didnt attend that game and spend 3 days and 2 nights there before the game. Then I'm not sure you know what your talking about. And just trying to convince yourself that IU students for those 3 days were on there best behavior and respectful. It was young people getting caught up in the moment and full of alcohol. I've been there myself. But there is consequence. That behavior cost IU.a pretty important.game. all bias aside. All BS root for your team rah rah stuff aside. Fact is. The behavior of some over that 3 day period started the end to this rivarly. It's really as simple as that. I know for some IU fans the thought that Cal and UK are just scared to take on the mighty IU at home. Is not reality. I'm sure had some behaved differently. This game like the past 20 years. Would have carried on. But if you wanna believe UK got embarrassed by a great competive game they came up short on. And refuse to play in AH again for that reason. Then not sure we can have a rational conversation.[/QUOTE]

Complete bullshit. Just stop. Yes, it was an amped up crowd and the bars had been busy before the game. Yes, KY gear got some crap, but you should try going to a game in West Laffy wearing IU gear. Much worse...try having your car vandalized because of an IU plate. U.K. Fans do the same to IU fans on your shitty campus and shitty arena.

The 9 uk fans at the game were not mistreated beyond the one idiot that walked up the student section stairs waiving his arms as "bring it". Your team stripper got accidentally knocked over by a student rushing the court. She was also helped by other IU fans, Student behavior has NOTHING to do with the pause in the series, but I Understand your need to use it as a shield.

Exactly. There are multiple videos of UK fans at their stadium storming the field and acting fired up. I can easily make the argument that UK fans behave worse and more rabidly that IU fans behaved at AH. I can't say that IU fans have ever had an FBI investigation of them due to harassing a ref. It is a matter of dishing it out, but not being able to take it. It is a rivalry road game!

If you want to play the game at neutral sites, fine. However, just stop with the excuses: it just looks bad and makes UK look like a sore loser.

Last edited:
Your kidding right? The 3 days i was there every night on the streets became a issue, if you had on any UK gear. I'm not sure if your joking, or your just that out of touch. Young people in college drink. I never said i seen Alcohol flowing in AH. But i did see a bunch of young kids who had been partying pretty hard before the game. You seem like a pretty reasonable guy. If you didnt attend that game and spend 3 days and 2 nights there before the game. Then I'm not sure you know what your talking about. And just trying to convince yourself that IU students for those 3 days were on there best behavior and respectful. It was young people getting caught up in the moment and full of alcohol. I've been there myself. But there is consequence. That behavior cost IU.a pretty important.game. all bias aside. All BS root for your team rah rah stuff aside. Fact is. The behavior of some over that 3 day period started the end to this rivarly. It's really as simple as that. I know for some IU fans the thought that Cal and UK are just scared to take on the mighty IU at home. Is not reality. I'm sure had some behaved differently. This game like the past 20 years. Would have carried on. But if you wanna believe UK got embarrassed by a great competive game they came up short on. And refuse to play in AH again for that reason. Then not sure we can have a rational conversation.

Complete bullshit. Just stop. Yes, it was an amped up crowd and the bars had been busy before the game. Yes, KY gear got some crap, but you should try going to a game in West Laffy wearing IU gear. Much worse...try having your car vandalized because of an IU plate. U.K. Fans do the same to IU fans on your shitty campus and shitty arena.

The 9 uk fans at the game were not mistreated beyond the one idiot that walked up the student section stairs waiving his arms as "bring it". Your team stripper got accidentally knocked over by a student rushing the court. She was also helped by other IU fans, Student behavior has NOTHING to do with the pause in the series, but I Understand your need to use it as a shield.[/QUOTE]
I remember one year I went to the Wooden classic with my boss who is a Purdue fan and I had an IU jacket on and was totally brutal. It was on the same day as the bucket game and we beat PU that day in the bucket game so it was probably not the best idea to have worn the IU jacket. Even some Purdue fans came to my aid and got the few fans to shut up.

Another thing I don't ever remember an IU that publicly threaten n official after a NCAA tournament game. We have never tried to ruin an official business by going on their web site to write trash on it to try to have them lose their business.

The 9 uk fans at the game were not mistreated beyond the one idiot that walked up the student section stairs waiving his arms as "bring it". Your team stripper got accidentally knocked over by a student rushing the court. She was also helped by other IU fans, Student behavior has NOTHING to do with the pause in the series, but I Understand your need to use it as a shield.
I remember one year I went to the Wooden classic with my boss who is a Purdue fan and I had an IU jacket on and was totally brutal. It was on the same day as the bucket game and we beat PU that day in the bucket game so it was probably not the best idea to have worn the IU jacket. Even some Purdue fans came to my aid and got the few fans to shut up.[/QUOTE]

That was antagonistic, don't you think?

I remember one year I went to the Wooden classic with my boss who is a Purdue fan and I had an IU jacket on and was totally brutal. It was on the same day as the bucket game and we beat PU that day in the bucket game so it was probably not the best idea to have worn the IU jacket. Even some Purdue fans came to my aid and got the few fans to shut up.

That was antagonistic, don't you think?[/QUOTE]
It was a cold day and it was my warmest coat

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
You are the only supposedly IU fan I know who would want Calapari coaching IU. It seems like you are the kind of fan who wants to win at any cost and that is not what IU basketball is about. Most of us care more than just wining at any cost and care how we win as well. I don't want IU to be a mercenary school like UK is under Cal and would never want a roster full of one and done players. If I were told that the only way IU was to win another championship was to hire Cal I would choose to not win another championship.

Buckle up. Archie doesn’t GAF when it comes to recruiting. Watch Carleton University for sub D1 athletes doing it the right way if you wish.

The stripper was knocked to her knees and complained about it. The irony shouldn't need explanation. And, she claimed she was disrespected. My first thought was someone should have given her a dollar.

Buckle up. Archie doesn’t GAF when it comes to recruiting. Watch Carleton University for sub D1 athletes doing it the right way if you wish.
I never said I did not want highly ranked recruits but we don't need a roster full of one and done players like UK either. UNC and Villanova has done very well not getting one and done players and still competing. UNC has gotten most of their players from 20-75 ranked players in the country and players who usually stays at least 3 years. Villanova has done it with a lot of 4 star players who come in and sits behind more experience players and some even red shirts.

I never said I did not want highly ranked recruits but we don't need a roster full of one and done players like UK either. UNC and Villanova has done very well not getting one and done players and still competing. UNC has gotten most of their players from 20-75 ranked players in the country and players who usually stays at least 3 years. Villanova has done it with a lot of 4 star players who come in and sits behind more experience players and some even red shirts.

Don't you ever tire of this debate? You've made some variation of this post probably 100 times on this boars.

You know what those programs have in common? Free flowing offense and “95th percentile” guys. My belief is that at the highest levels of the Tournament, the Elite eight and beyond, you need “95th percentile” guys, meaning players that are so good individually or have an element to their game (think Branden Dawson’s Athleticism and sense for the ball in rebounding) that goes beyond what the vast majority of even good college players can do. In big games against great opponents, that’s often what you need to win. One or two plays where your guy is just better than everyone else on the floor.

Not true. Just because the agreement had expired, it doesn't give Calipari an alibi. Home and home was the most recent agreeable terms by both schools. In fact, it was changed by Kentucky from neutral, back to home courts in 2006. A very fair compromise was offered and yet Calipari declined. Calipari and UK won't negotiate in good faith. Why should IU let UK dictate the new terms again?

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Not true. Just because the agreement had expired, it doesn't give Calipari an alibi. Home and home was the most recent agreeable terms by both schools. In fact, it was changed by Kentucky from neutral, back to home courts in 2006. A very fair compromise was offered and yet Calipari declined. Calipari and UK won't negotiate in good faith. Why should IU let UK dictate the new terms again?

You are correct here. When principle A wants to renew an agreement that is up for renewal without change and principle B declines, principle B has by definition ended the agreement.

We get to enjoy watching Kentucky and Calipari lose in the state of Indiana again. (Throw the towel Cal)

You know what those programs have in common? Free flowing offense and “95th percentile” guys. My belief is that at the highest levels of the Tournament, the Elite eight and beyond, you need “95th percentile” guys, meaning players that are so good individually or have an element to their game (think Branden Dawson’s Athleticism and sense for the ball in rebounding) that goes beyond what the vast majority of even good college players can do. In big games against great opponents, that’s often what you need to win. One or two plays where your guy is just better than everyone else on the floor.
You need difference makers and game closers to win National Titles.

Reactions: Indigo1983
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT