ADVERTISEMENT

Draft is doing some damage….

Bligedy

Hall of Famer
Sep 7, 2001
Although none of it is a surprise.

But losing 3 weekend starters, a closer and your 2 most heralded recruits is a blow. Congrats to the guys. Go live your dream.

Reactions: Seyton and ptrich

But losing 3 weekend starters, a closer and your 2 most heralded recruits is a blow. Congrats to the guys. Go live your dream.
As far as I know, B1G champs Nebraska lost two player they expected to lose in Schwellenbach and Povich, but they have yet to have any of their recruits selected so far. They do have players that would have been high draft picks, but are not eligible for this draft, like Max Anderson, the freshman of the year.

As far as I know, B1G champs Nebraska lost two player they expected to lose in Schwellenbach and Povich, but they have yet to have any of their recruits selected so far. They do have players that would have been high draft picks, but are not eligible for this draft, like Max Anderson, the freshman of the year.
Nebraska also hired Rob Childress (former Texas A&M coach) for their player development I believe. Bolt and Nebraska are not messing around, and I’d expect them to be a fixture at the top of the BIG for the foreseeable future.

Sommer was leaving anyway and just because you get drafted doesn't mean you're leaving...

Nebraska also hired Rob Childress (former Texas A&M coach) for their player development I believe. Bolt and Nebraska are not messing around, and I’d expect them to be a fixture at the top of the BIG for the foreseeable future.
You are right. They are use to having a top-notch baseball program having come from the Big 8/12 and were not use to the mediocrity, at least by their standards, that had seeped into the program over that past few years. They are making moves to make sure they are the dominant team in the B1G and whether we can keep up with them remains to be seen. We have a new AD and I don't know just how dedicated he is to the program when it comes to keeping up with the Joneses as far as baseball is concerned.

You are right. They are use to having a top-notch baseball program having come from the Big 8/12 and were not use to the mediocrity, at least by their standards, that had seeped into the program over that past few years. They are making moves to make sure they are the dominant team in the B1G and whether we can keep up with them remains to be seen. We have a new AD and I don't know just how dedicated he is to the program when it comes to keeping up with the Joneses as far as baseball is concerned.
Scotty D likes baseball, like any other program he will monitor them.

FWIW, no program was hit harder when it comes to losing (probably) recruits than the Florida Gators. They had three of their recruits go in the first round.

Reactions: FLBaseballDad
Richardson was the only real surprise for me.
I thought Litwicki was a little surprising, but I didn't put that much thought into it. And Richardson. Maybe he felt like he cost himself money with this year this year and was afraid of a repeat performance.

ADVERTISEMENT