ADVERTISEMENT

Draft begins Wednesday, 12-5

Satchmore

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
Unless someone has a problem with that.

Rolo can't do the early 11-27 or 11-28 dates, and RBS indicated 12-5 was best for him.

I didn't see anyone else who had a problem with 12-5.

I just came up lame on the 27th...

Stupid work... stupid people trying to accomplish things before the end of the year... I mean, you had over TEN months to do work stuff... come on! But no... "Gee, Jim... can you chair the Housing Sub-Committee meetings for the annual city-wide Homelessness connect event? First meeting is 11/27?" Stupid people trying to do good, charitable work at the end of the year.

So I guess 12/5 it is... I REALLY hate going that late... next year I'm going to lead a push to go early, like mid Novemeber.

You may have a point. My head will explode the last 4 days before the draft

I looked at the 12-1 through 12-4 schedule, and there are over 70 games that could matter as far as affecting a decision.

I'll probably once again over-rate the results of those final 4 pre-draft days.

I'll be the VP of the "draft early" movement

When you make the push next year for a draft date of 11/11 I'll be pledging my full support.

You are going to need to clarify your references that pre-date my birth.

It's rare that I can type that at this point but in this case it applies.

You don't understand lobbying and politics...

First we make a loud and boisterous push for the draft to take place the day after Midnight Madness... we garner support from some of the loonier players like Tomasi and T&T... and we get the stodgy old bunnies like Satch and Peegs all worried and in an uproar. They complain but we act completely unwaivering in our Midnight Madness draft... they get hot under the collar and threaten to not play unless we relent... so we "buckle" under the pressure and come to the barganing table and after some hemming and hawing we set 11/11 as a compromise date and let Peegs and Stach feel like they got the better of us in negotiations... they're happy and feel good about Roto and themselves... and all along, 11/11 was our target date.

See? Simple.

Have you never seen the movie with Lemmon and Mathau?

Its good...

there's a guy at the weekly poker game in their apartment who is constantly complaining about slow play.

Hell, just start it now.

Just don't expect it to start moving fast until 12-5.

I don't see the harm in staring it now, but unless everyone is on board with that it won't go fast.

I guess the decision is JM's. He can get the ball rolling anytime he wants to from now until 12-5. If he went now or considerably early, it would then matter how others followed suit.

Depending on how the first four picks went...

We'd be waiting a while for the 5th pick...

okay if we can get done before the evening of the 6th

there are a slate of Horizon roto games on the night of Dec 6th. Don't like the fact that someone could draft into a league without knowledge of those results while someone else could draft into that league with knowledge of results.

I hate slow play.

This is why men over 75 should not be allowed to golf. Actually, I wish the Starter would patrol the course with a pistol and execute anyone who played slowly.

maybe we could knock off the first round on the evening of the 4th?

I know some have evening issues but if we are just looking to get the first or second round behind us then you could maybe work around by giving a list to someone or do what I did a couple years ago, have someone text you the picks. Not a good way to do a whole draft but for a round or two, it works
This post was edited on 11/15 9:29 AM by Peegs

As I do not play golf...

I do not much care... though 75+ year old men do make life hell on the roads and in checkout lines, etc...

I do hate slow play at poker tables with a passion... "Just F-ing bet or fold already!!!! The cards are not going to change if you wait!!! Are the fat cells interfering with your ability to process data!?!?!?"

If we clear the 5th and make Rolo the Whip...

We can get it done in time... But I agree... This is part of why I hate waiting and would like to set a standard rule of having the draft take place before ANY league games occur.

As Satch mentioned...

We could actually begin the draft on the 3rd with JM making his pick as soon as he wants to... And we follow up as fast as we can... then we officially get down to business on the 5th... we might well be into the 2nd or 3rd round by then...

Indeed.

Are you telling me I should play on-line poker all day while I work from home? Just tell me you are telling me to do it so I have someone to blame.

Only if...

you promise to play qucikly and give it your full attention... if you're goign to go slowly or try to divide your attention between poker and that annoying worky-stuff, you should just not play and be ridiculed.

Look here, Froot Loop...

...loonies? Rolo and I will have to get together and laugh hysterically at you. For no reason. Because that's what loonies do.

This is what I get for not checking in on this board regularly enough. I've already missed the first two picks in the draft.

Guess I'd better get those strips of paper into my trusty Cubs hat so that I can make my pick. In 9th position. Sigh.

ADVERTISEMENT