ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Trump Does It Again

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Remember back in March when Trump bragged about his "natural ability" for healthcare? "I like this stuff. I really get it," he claimed. And he reminded us that his medical expertise really wasn't surprising, given that his uncle was "a great super-genius" who taught at MIT.

Since then, Trump has pushed hydroxychloroquine as a Covid "game-changer" (it isn't), and insanely suggested that disinfectant injections might be the answer.

Today he added to his lengthy list of "wtf" moments when he commented that the same scientific expertise that produced a vaccine for AIDS could soon deliver one for coronavirus. Of course, there is no vaccine for AIDS.

I can't understand how he reconciles these blunders, which would embarrass a rational person, with his narcissistic belief that he knows more about everything than anyone. Too bad he'd never submit to brain-mapping. The results would be fascinating.

i like the way he talks....sometimes, but he’s clearly out of his element on this
He is usually clearly out of his element! Like yesterday when he attacked the previous administration about doing nothing to lower police brutality. He is totally clueless about what is going on now and what has happened in the past!

He is usually clearly out of his element! Like yesterday when he attacked the previous administration about doing nothing to lower police brutality. He is totally clueless about what is going on now and what has happened in the past!

well, what did the previous administration do to address police brutality? I have zero clue, educate me. They had 8 years

well, what did the previous administration do to address police brutality? I have zero clue, educate me. They had 8 years

To combat it as a systemic issue vs. one off “bad apple” issues (requiring , proof of it (body cameras) was necessary. Per the linked article, despite Ferguson occurring in 2014, camera deployment amongst police departments didn’t jump until the administration offered grants via the DOJ for cameras in 2016. Meanwhile, I believe the Camden, NJ experiment (resetting the department) started in 2013, and the sustained results of that are just becoming clearer over the last year or two. In summary, accurate capture of the problem and a verifiable solution to improve it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...nt-When-Police-Body-Cameras-Took-Off.html?AMP

The World Series Defense is my favorite episode.
It’s too hard to choose. Maybe the best comedy television of all time. I’ve found that you can listen to it without even watching it. It’s like listening to old radio shows. They’re geniuses.

Reactions: RBB89
The World Series Defense is my favorite episode.

The gang turns black. A brilliant episode that addresses the different “unwritten rules” that black people face every day. It’s a Musical- and I generally dislike musicals. It even has a cameo from the Quantum Leap guy.

What are the rules?

Although I can’t really pick one episode- my “favorite” is probably around 10 or so different episodes. They are always brilliant at exposing messed up topics through being complete @ssholes. Similar to how Chappelle’s show in that regard.

Reactions: RBB89
It’s too hard to choose. Maybe the best comedy television of all time. I’ve found that you can listen to it without even watching it. It’s like listening to old radio shows. They’re geniuses.

It’s an outstanding comedy show. Already one of the best of all time. Modern Family is also high on the list. I can’t watch an episode of either show without a full-on gut laugh at some point.

Reactions: glmiu11 and RBB89
i like the way he talks....sometimes, but he’s clearly out of his element on this

I'm kinda curious- what would you say IS his Element? Give me an example, and I'll see what I can turn up. Obviously "windmills" would not be a good choice for you...

Reactions: Bowlmania
I'm kinda curious- what would you say IS his Element? Give me an example, and I'll see what I can turn up. Obviously "windmills" would not be a good choice for you...

I've never known, or known of, anyone who is so utterly full of shit as this guy. He embarrasses himself on a daily basis but, more importantly, he embarrasses the country he "leads." I don't know how his words and conduct are even marginally acceptable or how anyone can continue to support this reckless idiot.

It’s an outstanding comedy show. Already one of the best of all time. Modern Family is also high on the list. I can’t watch an episode of either show without a full-on gut laugh at some point.
I like Modern family, but haven’t seen enough. What I’ve seen doesn’t begin to compare to Sunny.
Without giving it much thought:
1) Sunny
2) Arrested Development
3) Curb
4) Seinfeld

3 and 4 are up in the air for me. Family Guy might be better.

Reactions: DrHoops
Dennis is an all time great tv character
Dennis is an all time great tv character
I unignored you to read what I thought would be a complimentary comment about Sunny. I noticed when you commented before on the Dennis System.
I like your monicker. American Dad may be the most underrated show of all time.
You seem like you’re probably a cool guy but I couldn’t disagree more with about 300% of what you write.
I get it that doesn’t mean crap to you. It wouldn’t to me either.
“I like your style dude”, but disagree with everything else.

I've never known, or known of, anyone who is so utterly full of shit as this guy. He embarrasses himself on a daily basis but, more importantly, he embarrasses the country he "leads." I don't know how his words and conduct are even marginally acceptable or how anyone can continue to support this reckless idiot.
I don’t see him as an idiot. Everything he does is look over here not over there. I believe he knows very well what he’s doing. He’s evil.

Cheers was pretty damned good for a long time too.. Even after cast members came and went.

God I love Family Guy and Curb, though. Too bad Arrested Development didn’t stick around longer.

I like Modern family, but haven’t seen enough. What I’ve seen doesn’t begin to compare to Sunny.
Without giving it much thought:
1) Sunny
2) Arrested Development
3) Curb
4) Seinfeld

3 and 4 are up in the air for me. Family Guy might be better.

Cheers was pretty damned good for a long time too.. Even after cast members came and went.

God I love Family Guy and Curb, though. Too bad Arrested Development didn’t stick around longer.
You know, I was thinking of Cheers the entire time I was writing, but the others are better.

I unignored you to read what I thought would be a complimentary comment about Sunny. I noticed when you commented before on the Dennis System.
I like your monicker. American Dad may be the most underrated show of all time.
You seem like you’re probably a cool guy but I couldn’t disagree more with about 300% of what you write.
I get it that doesn’t mean crap to you. It wouldn’t to me either.
“I like your style dude”, but disagree with everything else.

yes, you I like.

I love disagreements and arguments. Doesn’t have to be personal, some here like to do that and I’ll respond in kind

You’re the first person to get the reference of my name

stelio, stelio kantos

yes, you I like.

I love disagreements and arguments. Doesn’t have to be personal, some here like to do that and I’ll respond in kind

You’re the first person to get the reference of my name

stelio, stelio kantos
You have kids?

Seinfeld had a sweet spot, but the last few seasons (when Larry David was no longer involved) weren't so great, IMHO. That's why I think Cheers was superior. 11 seasons with no real drop-off. Just my opinion!

You know, I was thinking of Cheers the entire time I was writing, but the others are better.

Seinfeld had a sweet spot, but the last few seasons (when Larry David was no longer involved) weren't so great, IMHO. That's why I think Cheers was superior. 11 seasons with no real drop-off. Just my opinion!
That means you’re a bit older than me. I had to beg my dad to let me stay up to watch Cheers. Got to the point where I asked for forgiveness instead of permission. And trust me; there was great risk involved.

oh I’m sure

btw half the shit I say here is intentionally antagonist argumentative and contrarian
I’m sorry to hear that.

Edit; I guess that says more about me than you. These boards don’t mean anything. But I’ve always been myself.

Wait. You’re talking about all time great comedy and no one has mentioned The Office? I’ve been watching at least an episode a day since Covid because I’m desperately in need of laughs. Schitts Creek is pretty damn good too.

By the way, Seinfeld isn’t the hill I’m gonna die on. I was a senior in high school during the final season. My dad and I never watched it together but we’d both watch it and barely talk about it. It has a place for me. I loved it...don’t get me wrong.

Wait. You’re talking about all time great comedy and no one has mentioned The Office? I’ve been watching at least an episode a day since Covid because I’m desperately in need of laughs. Schitts Creek is pretty damn good too.
I was waiting for someone. Thought about it myself. That show made me have to make sure I didn’t cry too many times. All time great-not all time great comedy.
And...Sunny and Arrested Development are so much better than anything else. The office fights it out for third through whatever.
The Office to me is on the Wonder Years level. I understand completely that I’m full of crap. But, I have watched every episode and loved it. I drove in a snowstorm to get the season 3 DVD a hundred years ago.

why? It’s fun

I never get to interact with hard core liberals so it’s fun
Who is it that you believe to be a hard core liberal? We live in Indiana dude. Trump ain’t a fiscal conservative. He’s a guy running from the law. I’m sorry. I bet most of the people that you believe are liberal have voted for a republican president at least once. Probably have the majority of the time.

Who is it that you believe to be a hard core liberal? We live in Indiana dude. Trump ain’t a fiscal conservative. He’s a guy running from the law. I’m sorry. I bet most of the people that you believe are liberal have voted for a republican president at least once. Probably have the majority of the time.

i dono, seems like some serious liberals here

I know zero people who have even an inkling of private support for black lives matter, and I deal with a lot of people in the Indianapolis biz community as does my family. This is one example

Levy/O’Hara are legends, but can’t get into it. I’m about 7 shows in and unless someone tells it gets way better; I’m done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT