ADVERTISEMENT

Double dribble

It was. Auburn got screwed
Yes, the missed called was bad but Auburn also played a huge part of the loss after that missed call. They still would've won but those fouls on Auburn were huge mistakes. Without those they still win despite the missed double dribble.

Wouldn't have mattered had they not fouled a guy shooting a three down 2. Love how they call that last foul controversial. That was foul everyday and twice on Sunday. The only thing controversial is the fact that we expect refs to swallow the whistle at the end. Glad they didn't for once.

It was. Auburn got screwed
Yes, the missed called was bad but Auburn also played a huge part of the loss after that missed call. They still would've won but those fouls on Auburn were huge mistakes. Without those they still win despite the missed double dribble.
Guy was fouled but that missed call at that point gave them the opportunity. Virginia has been unbelievably fortunate with this game and Purdue

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Wouldn't have mattered had they not fouled a guy shooting a three down 2. Love how they call that last foul controversial. That was foul everyday and twice on Sunday. The only thing controversial is the fact that we expect refs to swallow the whistle at the end. Glad they didn't for once.
Exactly, Guy might have made the shot if he wasn't fouled.

Guy was fouled but that missed call at that point gave them the opportunity. Virginia has been unbelievably fortunate with this game and Purdue
I understand that. My point is that even with the missed call Auburn should have still won. Don't foul with 1.5 seconds left. Let them chuck a 1/2 court shot instead of giving them the chance to set up the play for Guy to shoot from the corner.

I understand that. My point is that even with the missed call Auburn should have still won. Don't foul with 1.5 seconds left. Let them chuck a 1/2 court shot instead of giving them the chance to set up the play for Guy to shoot from the corner.
They were told to give 2 fouls by Pearl to minimize the time for Virginia to get off a shot. The mistake was not having someone smothering Guy to keep him from touching the ball.

3 at the end should have never happened period. You can't miss that double dribble right in front of you as a final 4 referee. Unbelievably bad.

Everybody new where the ball was going. Guy doesn’t touch it if you have to put someone in front and behind him

3 at the end should have never happened period. You can't miss that double dribble right in front of you as a final 4 referee. Unbelievably bad.
Just horrible. None of those refs should be allowed back next year. They should be embarrassed.

Double dribble then the phantom call at the end on the three was a joke. I don't like Pearl but Auburn was screwed,

What phantom call? It was a VERY obvious foul, can not jump into a shooter, hip check the legs of an airborn shooter, and not let them land. The DD was inexcusable, but the one on the shot is a good call 100 times out of 100

What phantom call? It was a VERY obvious foul, can not jump into a shooter, hip check the legs of an airborn shooter, and not let them land. The DD was inexcusable, but the one on the shot is a good call 100 times out of 100
I agree birdman. They don't miss that call in elementary games.

The DD is beyond a horrible missed call.

I agree on that, but no one with any knowledge of basketball can create a legitimate argument that the foul at the end was not a foul

Should not have mattered. DD was missed and Virginia hopefully goes down monday. They are getting very lucky.

Well.... ya'll know the saying.... "The Ball Knows".... we'll find out Monday Night if the Ball knows or not.

If Auburn was screwed by the DD non-call.... Virginia loses on Monday night.

If Virginia wins on Monday night.... the foul was real and Guy made the shots.

(disclaimer... I feel that Guy was fouled... but never should have gotten to that point without the DD call)

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Umm okay. It bounced off his foot. Then the Auburn player reaches in and holds the VA players Jersey. Thats literally a foul. But that wasnt called which led to the double dribble.

Well.... ya'll know the saying.... "The Ball Knows".... we'll find out Monday Night if the Ball knows or not.

If Auburn was screwed by the DD non-call.... Virginia loses on Monday night.

If Virginia wins on Monday night.... the foul was real and Guy made the shots.

(disclaimer... I feel that Guy was fouled... but never should have gotten to that point without the DD call)
Oh they were screwed by the missed dd but not for the called foul. I know the foul wouldn’t have happened if the dd would have been called.

Umm okay. It bounced off his foot. Then the Auburn player reaches in and holds the VA players Jersey. Thats literally a foul. But that wasnt called which led to the double dribble.

That's true also!!!

What's so frustrating with the officiating... there are mugging's going on everywhere.... then a foul is called for breathing on someone. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT