ADVERTISEMENT

Don't understand why not foul at end?

bdhman

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2002
Up 3 at the end, why not foul? Percentage of shooter making first and PSU getting rebound and put back seems less than a PSU guy hitting a 3 pointer to send game to OT. Any gray beard coaches out there please explain this to me.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

We should've hacked Travis both times he scored late

He's 4-25 from the line!!! Inexcusable!

I'm not totally sold on that strategy. I would be afraid somehow he fouled while in act of shooting. Also like the other poster said, we couldn't get a rebound tonight.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Suhr was saying on radio that IU shouldn't consider it

because too many things can go wrong. I'm not sure I agree with him, but I do understand the dilemma.

I'd just be waiting on the 4 point play if IU tried to foul late.

PSU isn't that good of a 3 point shooting team.

I wouldn't have fouled tonight either in that situation with these 2 teams.

Totally agree..... watching the game... I thought the spread on

rebounding would have been a whole lot worst.

As far as fouling... I wouldn't have fouled because it seems like every
rebound they got... we had two players standing on either side of the rebounder
and it's like we didn't fight for a rebound at all.

Knowing our luck with PSU lately.... if we had put them on the line.... they would have
made the first FT.... then missed the second one and their player would have probably
tapped the ball out to a 3 point shooter to win the game by a point.

We saw how close that last shot was that didn't count. PSU just has a knack of pulling out a win on us. :(

I am so glad we came away with a W. Whew!!!!!!

I do think it has it's place, but I also think it's generally not smart to

give your opponent scoring opps with no time going off the clock and the ball at their end of the floor. For instance, their guy put the shot up immediately, so if we were fouling he'd have 3 FTs, or worse if he makes the shot. I think play good D make them make a tough shot and if they make it, you're still going to OT.

The way we were getting outrebounded

I could easily see them intentionally missing the 2nd free throw and getting an easy put-back to tie it. In this game, I think not fouling was the right call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT