ADVERTISEMENT

Don't take medical advice from the President

I would say they are.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/business/trump-coronavirus-economy.html

I think it's prudent to follow what the scientists and experts say is the best way to proceed. I am divorced, retired, and living in an apartment alone. I can tell you that for me, as a very social person, this is a real challenge. It's depressing. I would love to go visit my dad. I would love to go have dinner with friends. But I can't and won't, in good faith, go hang out knowing it could actually kill someone. If I were the only one at risk, that's my problem...but I'm not going to risk someone else's life because I want to be out and about.

I think if we open up...and people start dying we'll look back on it as being a BIG mistake. We need to be patient, not foolish. Panic decisions are almost ALWAYS the worst decisions.

Is the business community really screaming at him to open up the gates...?

Reactions: glmiu11
I would say they are.

I think it's prudent to follow what the scientists and experts say is the best way to proceed. I am divorced, retired, and living in an apartment alone. I can tell you that for me, as a very social person, this is a real challenge. It's depressing. I would love to go visit my dad. I would love to go have dinner with friends. But I can't and won't, in good faith, go hang out knowing it could actually kill someone. If I were the only one at risk, that's my problem...but I'm not going to risk someone else's life because I want to be out and about.

I think if we open up...and people start dying we'll look back on it as being a BIG mistake. We need to be patient, not foolish. Panic decisions are almost ALWAYS the worst decisions.

When I get the place in Penang ready, come over -- you can have the top floor. Your harem.

Unfortunately, they have had a lockdown for nearly a month now. Can't even start any work on the reno.

I'm there!

When I get the place in Penang ready, come over -- you can have the top floor. Your harem.

Unfortunately, they have had a lockdown for nearly a month now. Can't even start any work on the reno.

Reactions: sglowrider
I would say they are.

Thanks for the link. There are two fronts to this war and we need to be very strategic about both. I agree that the the curve must be materially flattened before many go back to work. We can though, plan for ramp up and identify early re-entry points as a part of the execution strategy (and in my business we are).

Easter? Doubtful we are ready for any large-scale implementation...but perhaps some small anecdotal points of light . Much to do and learn over the next 19 days.

There happens to be a long list of others that agree with the President, and it really doesn’t matter what the media does or doesn’t do (like confusing Marine Chloroquine Phosphate with Hydroxychloroquine), the medical community will use what works and sick people will demand what works.
The "media" didn't confuse these morons, Trump did.

Last edited:
The woman whose husband died and she’s still in ICU specifically said they watch Trump’s stupid press conferences and heard him specifically mention that chemical.

Trump should stfu, but that would mean the actual smart people would be getting attention. Trump mentally can’t handle that.

The "media" didn't confuse these morons, Trump did.

Reactions: largemouth
Several stations cut away from today’s press conference, in which he ranted about NATO, yelled fake news at two reporters, when one dared to ask about the Easter opening date, and said that people didn’t want to open up places so that they could hurt him politically. And that he’s really doing a tremendous job, better than anyone else possibly could. It’s not even news because this is the norm. I can’t wait to have a sane president again.

https://www.insidernj.com/press-rel...se-hydroxychloroquine-combat-spread-covid-19/

There happens to be a long list of others that agree with the President, and it really doesn’t matter what the media does or doesn’t do (like confusing Marine Chloroquine Phosphate with Hydroxychloroquine), the medical community will use what works and sick people will demand what works.

How exactly did the "media" confuse anything? By now Trump should realize that (based on the way they accept any lie he tells) a significant portion of his base of supporters are not the brightest tools in the shed. His introduction of chemical names as a possible "preventative medicine" should have made him realize that someone among his supporters would take him literally and go with that set of chemicals in any form. A tragedy that was both predictable, and basically inevitable with the people we are working with.

The sad reality is that everything Trump does is based on his calculations of how it will eventually impact him or his business. How else do you explain his desire to "reopen America" by Easter Sun- a holiday that holds a special reverence for his Evangelical supporters? He knows that it's a calculated risk and that people will die. But he's counting on the optics to shore up his base. Similarly the news today that the G7 Nations were not able to release a public statement because the US insists on calling the Trump virus the "Wuhan virus", and none of the other member nations are buying Trump's BS...I'll be so glad when this oaf is retired in Nov...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/g-7-joint-statement-coronavirus-213044348.html

Everyone agrees the taking the aquarium cleaner was a terrible idea. The husband is dead and the wife might be soon. Some people find it sad. Others mock the couple. If we are to look for humor in death and tragedy there certainly is a lot of material in the pipeline for the foreseeable future.

Today Bill Gates said we need to keep the economy close for another 6 to 10 weeks. Trump wants to be back in business for Easter.

Now that everybody’s had a couple of days to think about Trump’s latest plan, what do you think?

Everyone agrees the taking the aquarium cleaner was a terrible idea. The husband is dead and the wife might be soon. Some people find it sad. Others mock the couple. If we are to look for humor in death and tragedy there certainly is a lot of material in the pipeline for the foreseeable future.

Today Bill Gates said we need to keep the economy close for another 6 to 10 weeks. Trump wants to be back in business for Easter.

Now that everybody’s had a couple of days to think about Trump’s latest plan, what do you think?
It's good to have goals but at this point we are still in the reacting stage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT