ADVERTISEMENT

Don't take medical advice from the President

Another reason why I hate the media:

Woman in ICU: "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."
NBC: "What would be your message to the American public?"
Woman: "Oh my God. Don't take anything. Don't believe anything. Don’t believe anything that the President says & his people...call your doctor."

That clip has absolutely no news value nor does it provide any information unless your news mission is to degrade Trump and the administration as much as possible.

The reporter obviously should not have challenged the grieving widow on air, NBC simply should not have run the brief audio of the interview; or if they did run it clearly state that what the widow and her husband ate was not the drug Trump touted.

While I firmly believe the NBC antics were deliberate, other reporters writing that a person died from chloroquine are morons with their work edited by idiots. For example the headline on Axios:

Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine

Axios even writes the headline is a lie in the story. But the headline will estabish bias when reading the story.

America is in bad shape if we must depend on frauds and incompetents to deliver the news. Especially now when accurate and relevant information is vital.

Woman: "Oh my God. Don't take anything. Don't believe anything. Don’t believe anything that the President says & his people...call your doctor."

That clip has absolutely no news value nor does it provide any information unless your news mission is to degrade Trump and the administration as much as possible.

The reporter obviously should not have challenged the grieving widow on air, NBC simply should not have run the brief audio of the interview; or if they did run it clearly state that what the widow and her husband ate was not the drug Trump touted.

While I firmly believe the NBC antics were deliberate, other reporters writing that a person died from chloroquine are morons with their work edited by idiots. For example the headline on Axios:

Axios even writes the headline is a lie in the story. But the headline will estabish bias when reading the story.

America is in bad shape if we must depend on frauds and incompetents to deliver the news. Especially now when accurate and relevant information is vital.
Actually, she’s right. Trump isn’t a doctor and people like you are treating him as a messiah.

Reactions: T.M.P.

Trump doesn't need any help from the media to be degraded. He does it daily to himself with his schizophrenic press briefings.

Trump doesn't need any help from the media to be degraded. He does it daily to himself with his schizophrenic press briefings.

Agree ... but the media should be getting this right. Bottom line is what these people did was no where near what Trump was stating ... and what Trump was professing is absolutely unproven (at this point)

Agree ... but the media should be getting this right. Bottom line is what these people did was no where near what Trump was stating ... and what Trump was professing is absolutely unproven (at this point)
But the press didn’t cause the idiots to be idiots. They either got their stupid information from the social media or they took it from some idiotis things that Trump said recently, they interpreted It wrong which is easy to do with Trump because he’s so full of bullshit. You feed bullshit to idiots and you get crazy bullshit

But the press didn’t cause the idiots to be idiots. They either got their stupid information from the social media or they took it from some idiotis things that Trump said recently, they interpreted It wrong which is easy to do with Trump because he’s so full of bullshit. You feed bullshit to idiots and you get crazy bullshit
My God, are you this miserable in real life?

Reactions: HillzHoozier
I agree it is real, and serious, and dangerous, but I am doing my best to keep my head up. It helps to be positive in times like these.
I agree. It also helps to demand action from the President. Problem is, he only listens to enablers like you...

So tell me, just exactly how am I enabling Trump?
You don’t need to take that personally. My point is simple. Trump only listens to conservatives. He only listens to his so-called base. That’s it, he doesn’t listen to people like me. As long as conservatives don’t scream fury, he won’t act. Right now the business community is screaming at him to not lock people down. So he wants to unlock everybody. That’s how he runs. He’s not thinking for the greater good. Anyone who is not screaming out to say be real Donald, is in effect enabling him to do otherwise. Don’t take it personally.

Reactions: Digressions

Do you think she's a "Trump hater"? English playwright Wm Congreve said it best "No anger is worse than that of a jilted woman"... or a disillusioned Trump supporter. People who already consider Trump a charlatan are NOT going to take advice of any kind from him on face value, esp medical or science-related advice.

Who has been touting this "cure" more than anyone else? Fox and Friends. What program appeals to more low info, highly partisan Trump supporters more than practically any other? Fox and Friends. Her and her husband are 60+ yr old residents of Arizona, smack dab dead center in the middle of the Fox/Trump demographic. Do you honestly think anti-Trump people are going to trust Trump over Fauci?

Do you really think her words of warning are coming from a "trump hater" advising other Trump haters? She refers to him as "the President", most Trump-haters would say something more along the lines of "that moron Trump". She is warning others, just like herself, that put way too much trust into the current occupant of the WH, and his bizarre twitter army. Clearly that is Trump supporters, not detractors...You know just the kind of folks who ignore Fauci's call to avoid large crowds, in order to attend a Trump rally...

Do you think she's a "Trump hater"? English playwright Wm Congreve said it best "No anger is worse than that of a jilted woman"... or a disillusioned Trump supporter. People who already consider Trump a charlatan are NOT going to take advice of any kind from him on face value, esp medical or science-related advice.

Who has been touting this "cure" more than anyone else? Fox and Friends. What program appeals to more low info, highly partisan Trump supporters more than practically any other? Fox and Friends. Her and her husband are 60+ yr old residents of Arizona, smack dab dead center in the middle of the Fox/Trump demographic. Do you honestly think anti-Trump people are going to trust Trump over Fauci?

Do you really think her words of warning are coming from a "trump hater" advising other Trump haters? She refers to him as "the President", most Trump-haters would say something more along the lines of "that moron Trump". She is warning others, just like herself, that put way too much trust into the current occupant of the WH, and his bizarre twitter army. Clearly that is Trump supporters, not detractors...You know just the kind of folks who ignore Fauci's call to avoid large crowds, in order to attend a Trump rally...
Conservatives Live in a bubble built on the shoulders of the giants from previous generations. When the shit hits the fan, they suddenly get real. Until then, they float along on cloud nine.

You don’t need to take that personally. My point is simple. Trump only listens to conservatives. He only listens to his so-called base. That’s it, he doesn’t listen to people like me. As long as conservatives don’t scream fury, he won’t act. Right now the business community is screaming at him to not lock people down. So he wants to unlock everybody. That’s how he runs. He’s not thinking for the greater good. Anyone who is not screaming out to say be real Donald, is in effect enabling him to do otherwise. Don’t take it personally.

Is the business community really screaming at him to open up the gates...?

I hear you ... but my question is who is she warning? The pool of people taking a fish tank cleaner to prevent them from obtaining a virus they don’t have with the potential options of sheltering in place to further prevent seems like a pretty small crowd.

This seems like ... “well ... $hit ... that was stupid, but I can’t admit I’m this stupid so I’ll just call out a warning”

I’m sure not in her audience.

That said, I completely agree that Trump needs to let Fauci and others handle the medical communication and best practices to prevent ... but Trump always gotta Trump

I hear you ... but my question is who is she warning? The pool of people taking a fish tank cleaner to prevent them from obtaining a virus they don’t have with the potential options of sheltering in place to further prevent seems like a pretty small crowd.

I don't know...we had someone here on the Cooler trying to get an anti-HIV drug from their nurse practitioner to stockpile and protect themselves on rumors they had heard. People are wired to do whatever they think will protect them and theirs. That reaction is intensified in a pandemic, which is why clear, careful, and precise information from leaders is important.

I don't know...we had someone here on the Cooler trying to get an anti-HIV drug from their nurse practitioner to stockpile and protect themselves on rumors they had heard. People are wired to do whatever they think will protect them and theirs. That reaction is intensified in a pandemic, which is why clear, careful, and precise information from leaders is important.
Plus, Trump already appears to be tiring of Fauci after his interviews this weekend. Ass-kissing always takes precedence to truth for the Orange Tuba. Bless his heart.

Reactions: Bill4411

For some reason that is not surprising

For some reason that is not surprising

Well...that person is a very smart, accomplished, and successful small business owner. That's why I think it's counterproductive to belittle folks reacting in a very human way. IMHO, we're better served expecting more of our leadership and empathizing with the human failings of fellow citizens.

Well...that person is a very smart, accomplished, and successful small business owner. That's why I think it's counterproductive to belittle folks reacting in a very human way. IMHO, we're better served expecting more of our leadership and empathizing with the human failings of fellow citizens.

It was bit tongue in cheek ... I am not a “let the idiots walk off a cliff” advocate and it is societies job in general to protect one another. On the other hand I’m not an advocate for holding up an undeniably poor decision as the example to require more clarity.

Bottom line though is we agree Trump needs to stop dispensing medical speech and leave that to the big boys and girls.

This seems like ... “well ... $hit ... that was stupid, but I can’t admit I’m this stupid so I’ll just call out a warning”

I’m sure not in her audience.

That said, I completely agree that Trump needs to let Fauci and others handle the medical communication and best practices to prevent ... but Trump always gotta Trump

Who downplayed this virus for months from the very start? It certainly wasn't liberals, or people on the left...

The woman said (in other stories) that she was specifically responding to what she heard Trump say on tv. The issue is not that she misconstrued WHAT Trump said, the issue is that she was LISTENING to Trump in the first place.

When Trump is speaking and Fauci is simultaneously doing a facepalm in the background, what sort of person would be paying attention to what Trump is saying? Answer- the kind of person that would ingest something intended to clear up a bacterial infection in tropical fish...

Whether or not you believe that Fox's assessment of the virus was valid or not, that is not the question. The question is WHO is Fox's audience, and again who would be inclined to believe what Fox or Trump says...??

"As the coronavirus threat intensified in the U.S. in late February and early March, Fox News viewers received different information than Americans who got their news from other sources. Ben Smith, a longtime reporter and editor and the media critic at the New York Times, set out to understand why. His conclusion: Fox anchors consistently downplayed and even denied the existence of the coronavirus, a failure he blamed on Fox chairman Lachlan Murdoch’s laid-back management style, in contrast to the firm hand of longtime chief Roger Ailes, who resigned in 2016.

No one with real power over the big talent was engaged enough with the network's coverage to rein in broadcasters who asserted that the virus was fake, Smith said. He believes the network's coverage of the virus, which is widely seen as a major black eye for Fox, caused unnecessary deaths.

On March 9, when 700-plus American coronavirus cases had been confirmed, Sean Hannity told Fox viewers that political enemies of President Trump were using the virus to “bludgeon Trump with this new hoax.” In an interview Tuesday with the Yahoo News podcast “Skullduggery,” Smith told hosts Michael Isikoff and Daniel Klaidman that Fox didn’t just echo the president, who consistently downplayed the virus, but went even further with comments like Hannity’s, which actually called it fake."

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...10645d2d8490cbf138b6f5b890b8a0bd&action=click

Do you think this 60 yr old couple in Arizona takes Fish cleaner of their own volition if they don't hear Trump talk about chloroquine as a possible cure??

It was bit tongue in cheek ... I am not a “let the idiots walk off a cliff” advocate and it is societies job in general to protect one another. On the other hand I’m not an advocate for holding up an undeniably poor decision as the example to require more clarity.

Bottom line though is we agree Trump needs to stop dispensing medical speech and leave that to the big boys and girls.
Actually this thread was titled incorrectly from the start.
It should have been "Don't Take Advice From Trump".

Reactions: largemouth

Who in the f*ck would interpret Trump's remarks as supporting drinking fish tank cleaner? The therapeutic dose of chloroquine is a fraction of what the couple must have ingested. They had to bypass warning labels about human consumption. To suggest that there is a causal connection between what Trump said and what this couple did is a product of a severe stage 4 TDS. And as long as I am on a rant, I wonder if what they may have seen on Twitter, Facebook or other BS social media sites influenced them.

Who in the f*ck would interpret Trump's remarks as supporting drinking fish tank cleaner? The therapeutic dose of chloroquine is a fraction of what the couple must have ingested. They had to bypass warning labels about human consumption. To suggest that there is a causal connection between what Trump said and what this couple did is a product of a severe stage 4 TDS. And as long as I am on a rant, I wonder if what they may have seen on Twitter, Facebook or other BS social media sites influenced them.
Shorter COH: “Je suis Trump.”

Reactions: DrHoops

The MSM in this country is irrevocably broken and has been for quite some time.

People in this forum will whine and cry all day about Fox News and never stop to think about why it exists in the first place. Which is years and years of the type of crap in that story.

People in this forum will whine and cry all day about Fox News and never stop to think about why it exists in the first place. Which is years and years of the type of crap in that story.

So what do you think the headline should be? What would make you happy?

Trump fans listen to Trump instead of a medical professional, misinterpret what he says, and demonstrate how stupid they are by ingesting fish tank cleaner? I mean that's all implied- it's exactly how I see the situation. I just happen to also think it's irresponsible of Trump to provide false/misleading info to people who are criminally incompetent and think of Trump as some sort of expert on anything...

No idea why some of you are blaming the messenger for this. The one thing we know the "MSM" did not do is suggest people start jumping on Trump's miracle cure. Pretty sure that several of us on this board posted about how likely Trump fans were to take him literally and flock to his rallies since he continually downplayed the virus and called it a hoax.

I doubt if anyone who is NOT a Trump supporter on this board is even surprised that an old couple comprised of Trump fans completely misconstrued the nonsensical advice he chose to speak publicly about in the first place. I know I'm not...

I didn't necessarily expect Trumplings to ingest Fish cleaning agent, but once Dr Trump started discussing possible remedies, I fully expected some tragic consequences to emerge. We're talking about people who are already Darwin candidates, apparently are incapable of using common sense, and have no filter when it comes to separating fact from fiction where Trump is concerned...How in the Hell is that the fault of anyone but Trump and these 2 morons who likely worship him?

Why does Fox exist? One example, people who do not like AGW want a news station that confirms their belief. That is one example, we can debate if the world is 6000 years old. That is not the fault of mainstream news.

Will you pubs let us know which part of Trump we should follow and which part is him just messing with the press.

Everyone knows that true leadership is one that requires constant interpretation.

Having straight forward, unified, clear and concise messaging (and behavior that backs it up) is so....boring.

Especially during a crisis.

Reagan, the most conservative president in my lifetime, was clear and consistent in his messaging and behavior.

I'd choose Reagan over Trump 10,000 times over for that simple reason.

Reactions: DrHoops
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT