ADVERTISEMENT

Don't Shoot Me,I'm Only the Piano Player....

A double dose of Joni on piano from the Cavett post-Woodstock show. ironic that she opens with Willy because IIRC Graham was there... For Free is just sheer poetry- often covered never topped...

Speaking of songs written about members of CSN... Suite Judy Blue Eyes turns the tables on the man who immortalized her in song

Reactions: largemouth
Another song my friends and I would attempt to play in piano class. This is off the 1st solo album, so it may be about Joni

Is there any instrument Stephen Stills can't play? Here's Pensamiento featuring Joe Lala on congas and Stills on piano and vocals (in Spanish)

This is ICONIC. The live version of 49 Bye Byes/America's Children from 4 Way Street. The ad lib lyrics interspersed with For What It's Worth are more than a little dated. But every note and lyric from this performance including Neil's intro and the guy in the crowd saying "Go Get 'em Stephen" is engrained in my soul for eternity...

"We've had our ups and downs, but we're still playing together"

Is there any instrument Stephen Stills can't play? Here's Pensamiento featuring Joe Lala on congas and Stills on piano and vocals (in Spanish)

This is ICONIC. The live version of 49 Bye Byes/America's Children from 4 Way Street. The ad lib lyrics interspersed with For What It's Worth are more than a little dated. But every note and lyric from this performance including Neil's intro and the guy in the crowd saying "Go Get 'em Stephen" is engrained in my soul for eternity...

"We've had our ups and downs, but we're still playing together"

Another song on my list of music to be played at my visitation...

The story of "Spanish Johnny" and "Puerto Rican Jane" on solo piano...

Isn't Alicia Keys classically trained pianist?

She may be, I'm not sure. A few years ago she and Springsteen were discussing a duet of NYC Serenade, but something happened and it got shelved.

John Legend performed this cover of DITD at the Musicares salute to Bruce back in 2013 so I've heard it. But I wasn't familiar with the backstory he tells Howard and the fact that Questlove did the arrangement...

ADVERTISEMENT