ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan McCulley stats

GBI posters say he sucks though so that was a fluke game.

Don’t think that’s accurate. I think a lot of Purdue fans wanted McCulley for sure. We’re happy with Sam Jackson but would’ve loved McCulley too. Landing Allen in the next class helped take some of the McCulley sting away though.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Just watched highlights. Quite a few throws were under thrown or caused receiver to have to reach up or bend down to catch it. Does not speak well to accuracy. Really good runner but doesn't tuck the ball to keep it secure.

Just watched highlights. Quite a few throws were under thrown or caused receiver to have to reach up or bend down to catch it. Does not speak well to accuracy. Really good runner but doesn't tuck the ball to keep it secure.

Are you talking about Allen?

No. McCulley

No worries. ;)

Our OC (Sheridan) is also our Quarterbacks Coach... He"ll fix whatever needs to be fixed.

Arm strength (as in having the strength to throw deep) is one of the positives always mentioned in nearly every evaluation article I've ever read about McCulley...

Not intended as an insult or disparaging remark directed towards you Hickory but I'm Very comfortable trusting Sheridans QB evaluation skills...

McCulley sounds like a Winner to me...

No worries. ;)

Our OC (Sheridan) is also our Quarterbacks Coach... He"ll fix whatever needs to be fixed.

Arm strength (as in having the strength to throw deep) is one of the positives always mentioned in nearly every evaluation article I've ever read about McCulley...

Not intended as an insult or disparaging remark directed towards you Hickory but I'm Very comfortable trusting Sheridans QB evaluation skills...

McCulley did this against a team that is typically one of the better teams in Indiana.

McCulley did this against a team that is typically one of the better teams in Indiana.

I just watched the video highlights on the front page of this site and liked what I saw...

Looked to me like he was working hard to use "touch" to deliver the ball without overthrowing the receiver... That's not necessarily a bad thing... (go back and watch some R. Lagow short to medium throws and you'll see what I mean [some guys with a Rocket arm have a really, really tough time with short to medium throws]....

As to his ball security, he showed he did know how to lock it in on an early long run and later got a little loose with it when he was still thinking about throwing downfield but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get that cleaned up over the next couple of games (in High School)...

Does he need to polish his game? Sure... It was after all the first high school game he's played this Fall...

I think Sheridan and Allen made a great decision in choosing McCulley and he's made a great one by choosing them and INDIANA to help him take his next steps in his development....

Also as vesuvius13 mentioned, that wasn't some pushover he lit up... Avon is year in year out, one of the better high school teams in the state...

He's a good one..., hopefully headed towards becoming a Great one here...

No worries. ;)

Wasn't saying he was unworthy of being recruited. It was nothing more than an observation from 1 highlight video

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT