ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump's Racism

Wonder what he is doing for MLK Day of Service. Besides playing golf, that is.

Fake news.

Yeah, because somehow he was either misquoted, taken out of context or didn’t say/do ALL of those things.

The man’s a flaming racist. Any assertion otherwise isn’t based in reality.

FWIW, I don’t think he thinks he’s a racist. That would require self examination, and hubris. Both of which are impossible for him. However, his behavior/actions/words all show that he clearly is racist. It sucks, because he’s exposed that about 1/3 of the country is either racist (the minority of he 1/3) or OK with his outwardly racist behavior. And, that really sucks. I had hoped we were farther along as a country by now.

A friend who is a white professional basketball executive joked about a dream he had by saying, "I dreamed last night that I died and came back as a seven foot Black basketball player".

Trump makes a similar remark as taken from Lurker's link as per the following,

In 1989, on NBC, Trump said: “I think sometimes a black may think they don’t have an advantage or this and that. I’ve said on one occasion, even about myself, if I were starting off today, I would love to be a well-educated black, because I really believe they do have an actual advantage.”​

I don't think my friend or Trump is a racist based upon their remarks.

However, my friend's statement comes a great deal closer to making sense than does Trump's. Trump's so-called racism doesn't concern me as much as his highly controversial statements. Statements which he later insists on doubling-down-on. Does Trump ever regret making an ill advised remark?

A friend who is a white professional basketball executive joked about a dream he had by saying, "I dreamed last night that I died and came back as a seven foot Black basketball player".

Trump makes a similar remark as taken from Lurker's link as per the following,

In 1989, on NBC, Trump said: “I think sometimes a black may think they don’t have an advantage or this and that. I’ve said on one occasion, even about myself, if I were starting off today, I would love to be a well-educated black, because I really believe they do have an actual advantage.”​

I don't think my friend or Trump is a racist based upon their remarks.

However, my friend's statement comes a great deal closer to making sense than does Trump's. Trump's so-called racism doesn't concern me as much as his highly controversial statements. Statements which he later insists on doubling-down-on. Does Trump ever regret making an ill advised remark?
Did he want to be a man or a woman? How many seven-foot Blacks make it to the NBA? :rolleyes:

“Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci defended Trump, saying, ‘At the end of the day, he’s not a racist.’ Then he said, ‘During the day, it’s a different story.’ ” — JIMMY FALLON​

“Oh, well that changes everything! He didn’t say [expletive]-hole, he said [expletive]-house! Either way, Trump is being a complete asshouse, who maybe doesn’t belong in the White Hole.” — STEPHEN COLBERT​

Did he want to be a man or a woman? How many seven-foot Blacks make it to the NBA? :rolleyes:

The remark I quoted happened many years ago. My friend tried to recruit Kareem Abdul Jabbar into the ABA. At the time of his quote Artis Gilmore was playing for his Kentucky Colonels.

Lurker, by the way, Trump's remark which I took from your link dated back to 1989, so the Trump quote was somewhat dated as well.o_O

ADVERTISEMENT